Sat, Sep 21, 7:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Edge of Infinity - Art Through Mathematics Exhibition / Workshops

aartika ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2006 at 8:19 AM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 6:28 AM

Attached Link: Exhibition Poster

file_324314.jpg

Hi all,

I thought you might like to take a look at a short write-up and some photos of the touring exhibition / workshops I've been involved with in Kent :

http://www.aartika.co.uk/exhibitions/index.shtml

It all went very well, and although hard work, was a great experience for me :-)

Sixteen other artists contributed some of their work to the short presentation I did - thanks again to all of them!

They were (in no particular order!) : Janet Parke, Jos Leys, Andreas Lober, Cornelia Heigele, Linda McCarthy, Linda Allison, Panny Brawley, Eveline Berkman, Thomas Emrich, Maria Kinsey, Klaus-Peter Kubik, Kerry Mitchell, Paul deCelle, Rick Spix, Dan Kuzmenka & Dave Makin.

Tina

aartika! fractal art by Tina Oloyede :  http://www.aartika.co.uk

mountmous ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2006 at 9:17 AM

That's fantastic, Tina! I can imagine that it was a great experience. Who gets to the youth gets the future! Yvonne

missie_mandelbrot ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2006 at 2:20 PM

What a wonderful way of introducing the concepts of art and mathematics to the younger generation. I remember a "Science Bus" visiting our primary school (many years ago now) and what a wonderful experience it was. I do hope the bus continues to tour the country and maybe something similar can happen in other countries too. It's an important step forward in helping children and students alike to enjoy mathematics in a visual way. Congratulations on your hard work and devoted input. Heather

aramina ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2006 at 4:22 PM

Wonderful project, and really enjoyed looking at your excellent website. Very inspiring work. regards aramina

peace and bright blessings

ligt ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 2:25 PM

went to the site of the wxhibition, what a super idea. it must have been great fun as well. regards, monica

eras50 ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 4:38 AM

Congratulations on your work, it's been a wonderful project. Something like this would certainly be great for Spain, where fractal art is practically unknown. Also congrats on your website and extraordinary works of art. Greetings, Ersi.

aartika ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 12:18 PM

Thank you for all words of encouragement :-)) Tina

aartika! fractal art by Tina Oloyede :  http://www.aartika.co.uk

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.