Sat, Sep 21, 7:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: I am interested in Vue from what I have seen here on this board :)

Velen ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2001 at 11:49 PM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 7:57 AM

HI Im very interested in Vue Im presently a 2D artist as my page will atest to. I want to do 3D lanscape work. now can I use the things i paint in say panter or paint shop pro with Vue to creal ne back drop libraries like I would be able to in World Builder ? Also what are the system requierments for it? and please post the web page for Veu's home as i havent been able to find it. thanks Vel

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 12:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com

Hi Vel, I'm not so sure about your question about backdrop libraries. I'm not at all familiar with World Builder. If you mean to ask if you can use a bitmap image for an atmosphere, then the answer is no. But if you're talking about a background image, yes, you can--- you would simply have to map it to a plane and have it fill up the background. THe link above is to E-on Software, the makers of Vue, where you can find out much about the program, and also download a limited 30 day demo. The demo actually is pretty good. System requirements are about the same for any graphics app these days, but Vue currently is Windows only: 95/98/NT I have 128 MB RAM and a 600 mhz Athlon, on Windows 98 SE and Vue runs great with that setup. Many people use much less and get great results. :) I hope this answers your question well enough. :) --Mike

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 2:20 AM

"...can use a bitmap image for an atmosphere, then the answer is no..." Uh, Mike, that's not quite true. While the sky is a gradient, the cloud layers are tiled textures which use the same material editor as everything else. That means you CAN use bit maps. In fact when I get to work tomorrow, I'll download some examples of skies using cloud bit maps. -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 3:21 AM

You know, I hadn't thought about that, Steve, ut yes, you're right. Somehow I equate "atmosphere" with "sky", forgetting about the clouds.... That'd be great to see what you have--- and thanks for setting me straight on this!

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 9:35 AM

file_157568.gif

This picture is unusual because it not only contains bitmap cloud cover, it also contains a cloud material plane who's purpose it is to cast ground shadows...I.E. the plane is very big, very high in the sky, and not visible to the camera... -SMT

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 11:18 AM

file_157569.gif

...of bit mapped clouds.

Velen ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 6:43 PM

Hi :) thanks for the input. so I can asume I can also use bitmaps for tress bushes and so on. I dled the demo. having a problem with it crashing intermitantly saying vue created an instrution fault in unkown module. got to admit this is one I have not seen befor. any ideas ? system 98 Se 256 megs ram 750 mhz AMD Duron 60 gigs ide hd ati all in one 128 pro laters Vel

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 9:35 PM

Steve, those are very cool! I haven't tried bitmaps for clouds, but after seeing what you've done, I'm going to have to give it a go. :) Vel, I've got alternate tree and plant materials at my site that will give you an idea of how to use different bitmaps for the vegetation. Treasures d'Esprit I don't see anything offhand in the info you provided that might explain those errors. You could write E-on's support and ask them about it. They might be able to provide some ideas. I don't know how much help they give for the demo, but I'm sure they'd be interested in figuring out why it's doing that to you. The way I view it, it can't hurt to ask, even if you have to wait awhile for a response maybe? :)

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2001 at 4:16 AM

Vel, Sometimes uninstalling and re-installing with nothing but "Systray" running can help. A program can't properly install itself if a file it needs is in use at the time of installation. Doing the above has solved problems I've had with other programs in the past, and now I always install programs this way. Hope this helps, and as Varian says, E-on would definitely be interested in hearing about it if you stil cannot install Vue successfully.

Velen ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2001 at 11:17 AM

kool thanks for the help I found the problem :) it was a conflict with a network program I had running. [img]http://chatsalot.com/shelterbay.jpg[/img]

Velen ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2001 at 11:18 AM

Attached Link: http://chatsalot.com/shelterbay.jpg

well that didnt work hehe

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2001 at 5:06 PM

Cool, Velen--- nice job! See those sort-of squares below the surface of the water? You can get rid of those by selecting a terrain, double-clicking on it, and in the terrain editing window which will open, at the bottom right are four buttons. One says "lower edges". Click on that one, and the outer square part of the grid will recede. Looking forward to seeing your progress! :) BTW, Norton Crash Guard will conflict BAD with Vue 3, as well. I had forgotten about that, but when I first got it, it took me a while to find the source of the crashes.

Velen ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2001 at 8:51 PM

lol so I found out it was Norton that was conflicting :) Hope I can save the money to buy this befor the demo runs out. oh how long dose it take to recive once you have ordered, im in the states it comes out of France ?

Varian ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2001 at 9:06 PM

Ohhhh! Velen = Michelle from the 2D forum! (duhhh...takes me awhile sometimes. Us old men forget things easily!) Well, welcome, welcome to the world of Vue! I think you're going to enjoy the program a lot. You've got a great eye for composition and imagery, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you put together once you get rolling with it. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.