Tue, Oct 22, 1:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: P6 Materials - Where is the "apply to all" button from P4?

kiru ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 6:23 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:04 PM

I've just upgraded and I really don't want to have to manually chose the same texture for all the materials on a figure. Whatever happened to the little button that applied your changes to the entire figure? I need to work on a render this week so a quick reply is MANDATED :) Thanks in advance guys and gals

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 6:29 PM

It's easy enough to do. They just hid it, is all. Go into the material room, and in the very top right corner, there's a small triangle (next to the question mark icon). Click on it and select 'Apply to all' from the list. mac

kiru ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 6:34 PM

If you mean the one next to the question mark in the circle above the "wacros:" text (and WTF is with "wacros" and "nodes"?) It doesnt seem to do anything!

sturkwurk ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 6:35 PM

I right click in the material room, then a menu pops up. From there I select all, then rightclick again to "apply to all" Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

kiru ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 6:42 PM

Doug, I don't get a right click menu either. Is there any chance that because I haven't run the updater there is a problem with my install? I also made the mistake of clicking on "add reflection" and now I get a "raytrace" in the box and a bright yellow danger triangle. I'm so unhappy right now

kiru ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 7:29 PM

Yeah, and efrontiers won't let me download the patch. I thought tha maybe it didn't have my serial # on file because i hadn't registereed it (which should be irrelevant if you download the program from their website) but the registration screen says the effing SN is invalid. Man, I hate poser right now.

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 7:43 PM · edited Wed, 15 February 2006 at 7:43 PM

Ignore the Japanese - just find the arrow here. Top Right-Hand Corner inside Materials Room. Copy To All is there.

Message edited on: 02/15/2006 19:43

Eternal Hobbyist

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 8:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.vistainternetproducts.com/p5maphow.htm

I had to make a screen capture and a how to, for even getting a map ON a figure and also the assign to all part...this is from my poser store's FAQ pages and I hope it helps!

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

kiru ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 8:56 PM

Once again, thanks, but unfortunately, when i press that triange, nothign happens. It's fairly odd.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 10:50 PM

I work in ADVANCED not Simple... that might be your problem. Doug

linkdink ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 1:19 AM

sturkwurk - I work in the advanced room, and I'm not sure where you're right-clicking to get an "apply to all" option.

Gallery

amacord ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:15 AM

hi chris! since you are in a hurry, why dont you just write a MAT.pz2? if you dont know how to do it, then send me the .mt5-file. and i need to know to which figure you use - i.e the material names. i take it you still have my email-address. A.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 9:07 AM · edited Thu, 16 February 2006 at 9:09 AM

file_327234.jpg

RE: I work in the advanced room, and I'm not sure where you're right-clicking to get an "apply to all" option.

See Pic abobe.

Cheers
DR

I have just discovered that an mt5 Saves a Single Material and an mc6 saves Multiple Materials. Is this correct???

So after I have all of Miki's Body parts textured the way I want, I could Save As (+) Multiple Surfaces and I would have a P6 mc6 file to click and apply all textures to Miki in the future.

Cheers
DR

Cheers
DR

Message edited on: 02/16/2006 09:09

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 9:31 AM

file_327235.jpg

here's what I do...

JHoagland ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 11:36 AM

To apply only the 'base' PoserSurface node information to all other materials for this object: 1) Make sure you are on the Advanced tab. 2) Click on the "PoserSurface" node. 3) Right-click and select "Apply to All..." 4) When Poser asks, click the button to confirm that you really want to apply this material information. To apply ALL of the material information to all other materials for this object: 1) Make sure you are on the Advanced tab. 2) Click on the "PoserSurface" node. 3) Right-click and select "Select all". 4) Right-click and select "Apply to all..." 5) When Poser asks, click the button to confirm that you really want to apply this material information. Next, clear any un-attached nodes that may be left over: 1) In the "wacro" library, hold down the Shift key and click the button marked "Remove Detached Nodes". (Holding down the shift key will remove un-attached nodes for all materials on the object.) --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

PoseWorks ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 1:24 PM · edited Thu, 16 February 2006 at 1:24 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=3551

You may want to look into ShaderSpider, which features a number of smart, one-click material manipulation/copying options.

Message edited on: 02/16/2006 13:24

artnik ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 9:00 PM

bookmark

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 8:36 AM

I will update on what is happening right this moment in my Poser 6: I am using M3 Tie from DAZ (M3 suit). This is a pre-Poser 6 product. I apply runtimeDNA freebie Material, Red Suede. This is a Poser 6 function, using settings kindly made as freebie materials download by runtimeDNA. I look at the Materials Room settings for the M3 Tie. There are 2 materials groups which need to be textured, the Tie and the Neck. I cannot get the Copy To All function operational; it is greyed out in my menu. THEREFORE, THERE IS DEFINITELY A PROBLEM, as raise by Kiru.

Eternal Hobbyist

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 11:24 AM

You have to select all, before you can apply to all.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 11:44 AM

Odd. There are times when Poser 6 does not required the Select All option to be executed before allowing Apply To All. Must be difference in how material zones are set up ? I am no expert in this area. Anyway, thanks sturkwurk, for that tip. I shall return to the project scene and try that appraoch.

Eternal Hobbyist

kiru ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 7:52 PM

by the way, I was able to see what Sturkwurk was saying and apply it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.