Sun, Oct 6, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Suggestion about new formulas

HellGauss ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 2:13 PM · edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 6:22 PM

My idea is to iterate a function that is z_(n+1)=f(n,z_n), instead of z_(n+1)=f(z_n).
I tried this with a perturbation of the classic formula z-->z^2+c, btaining very nice effects with tan(x).
An example (code in c):

///////////////////
int z;
double tm;
double k1,s,zz;s=rrrr+iiii;

for (z=0;z (minor) maxit;z++)
{
zz=(double)(z);
k1=tan(5zzzzsqrt(s))/(2.0zzzzzz+250000)+1;
tm=rr;
rr=rrrr-iiii+rk1;
ii=2
tmii+ik1;
s=rrrr+iiii;
if (s>10000000) break;
}

return z;
////////////////////////

this is the classica mand formula perturbed with the k1 value
some thing about the argument of tan(x)
the zz^2 is something that make the perturbation more frequent when iteration grows, making the perturbation 'constant' while zooming .The zz^3 in the following division is to make the effect of reducing the power of perturbation. You can play changing this 2 exponents, or other parameters.

My last 5 fractals had been with this formula (with some minor variations).
I'm not able to play with UF, or with textur, multilayer, ecc, i only like to play with programmming and mathematic, but i will be very happy if this can be used by UF master to do new images.....

Thanks
HG

Message edited on: 02/12/2006 14:15

FireLily ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 4:43 PM

There are several formula writers who subscribe to the UF list and I am sure they would be happy to help you. I would be happy to play with this formula and make images. I have tried to paste what you posted into an empty formula file, but it doesn't work in UF, or maybe I am doing something wrong. :( Mary

HellGauss ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 4:22 AM

I don't use UF.... i only want to suggest a formula. The formula is written in c code, to use it in UF someone should traslate it in UF language. I used this formula directly in a program i write to do fractals.

sofie-filo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 1:26 PM

I just posted your message to the UF mailing list. All the best, Jos.

dgrundy ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2006 at 11:16 AM

Don't quite understand how your tangent example fits in with the z_n+1 = f(n, z_n) idea HG?

Here's a subprogram I wrote in BASIC to generate the classic Mandelbrot set z->z^2 + C

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim counter As Integer
Dim a As Double, b As Double, c As Double, d As Double
Rem z = a + ib
Dim creal As Double, cimag As Double
Rem c is the complex add-on point
a = 0: b = 0: c = 0: d = 0
Open "testmand.txt" For Output As #1
For cimag = -2 To 2 Step 0.005
DoEvents
For creal = -2 To 2 Step 0.005
a = 0: b = 0: c = 0: d = 0
counter = 0
While (Abs(a + b) < 4 And counter < 200)
c = a ^ 2 - b ^ 2 + creal
d = a * b * 2 + cimag
a = c: b = d
counter = counter + 1
Wend
If (Abs(a + b) < 4) Then
Print #1, "*";
Else
Print #1, " ";
End If
Next
Print #1, " "
Next
Close #1
End
End Sub

David

HellGauss ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2006 at 12:22 PM · edited Fri, 17 February 2006 at 12:23 PM

A lot of fractals formula use an iteration like
x-->f(x)
if you use x-->f(n,x) you can ontain 'more caos'.

In my formula if k1=1 you obtain classic mandelbrot/julia. In my example k1=1+epsilon, where epsilon is a perturbation that depend both from x and z (z, in my example, is n).
I use zz=double (z) do convert integer to double float.

I use a lot this idea in my fractals, not only as in the examples but also in other ways. I posted this formula because i think it produces very nice effects, quite unusual in fractals.

However i don't think you will obtain any nice effect with a txt based fractal :-). Also, with the parameter i give you in the example, nice spot and perturbation is only after a bit zooming, that you can find only with a graphic interface.

Message edited on: 02/17/2006 12:23

dgrundy ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2006 at 1:53 PM

Yes, I agree fractals should be graphics :-) I write formula to output as text just to get a very rough idea of the general shape of the fractal.

David

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.