Sat, Sep 21, 2:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Feedback on my little film.

jpiazzo ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2006 at 6:48 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cinedv.com/portfolio.cfm?id=25&srch=ANIMATION

Hello everyone, I would like to have some feedback on this little short. This was my Rederosity Holiday Contest entry this year in the Animation Section, it received 1st runner-up (the story of my life). What I really felt was missing from the contest was community feedback thus this post. It was done in Poser and took about 40 hours including render time. This was really an experiment in what could be done in Poser and what short-cuts could be done in Post. For instance, if it did not move I did it in post. Almost all of the background environment was created in Photoshop. This saved a bunch of render time, and in-fact was the only way I could finish in time. Animated at 30fps Retimed to 15fps at output up-timed to 30fps in After Effects. Mixed results, but again half the render time. Main character is a Morph of P6s jessi. Cat animation was a pain in the a#@! Lighting enhanced in post. Should have been 2min half the story was lost. The little dream sequence outside, was a rough draft slugged in to finish. JP

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2006 at 7:11 PM · edited Fri, 17 February 2006 at 7:12 PM

Very nicely done animation. The old lady's eye movement and head movement were excellent. The cat seemed to have some bad aliasing around it from the composite, but other than that, well done!

Message edited on: 02/17/2006 19:12

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

nemirc ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2006 at 8:12 PM

I remember this video. I liked it very much :)

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 4:26 PM

I liked the way you teased us in the beginning with the cat tail/rocking chair movement. Right away I wanted to see what would happen. I thought the "dream sequence" was a stylistic choice so I didn't have any problems with it. I did think the clock hanging in the corner was odd. I've never seen one hung like that. I also thought the animation felt "cut off" at the end. Now I understand why. I think I would have lit the room a little brighter. What I did with mine was complete it and post an "Unrated Directors Cut" here in the Forum for critique. It was quite a useful exprerience. I had to make compromises in order to do make the deadline as well but there were things beyond that that I learned from. I'd love to see a finished version of this. I encourage you to do so if you haven't already. It doesn't matter that the contest is over. Do it for yourself.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

jpiazzo ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 5:06 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! I was thinking of doing a more complete version - in fact there is a completely different end that would have added about 20 sec or so.... And I did actually finish a few more shots, only I didn't have time to do the backgrounds. The Old woman is actually a character I did for much bigger project - this was sort of her screen test. She did prety good considering almost all her face morphs dispeared in the middle of the project! I think I had a brow-up, 2 vowels left in the mouth - got to find a fix for that! I just got PhotoShop CS2 and I am looking forward to using the Vanishing Point feature for future background work. I also just got Z-brush, hopeing it could help with modeling details - OH MY, so many ideas, so little time. Don't you hate, that on top of it all, you have to WORK for a living! JP

jimbo90125 ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 8:40 PM

Hey, I liked this a lot! Great job with the animation. I'd love to see more of this.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 9:59 AM

I know how you feel. Work gets in the way of so much!

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

devilsreject ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 11:36 AM

Nice work! I agree that the anti-aliasing in some spots was noticable, but overall this is solid.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.