Tue, Oct 22, 1:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: DAZ sale and the MilHorse

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 9:33 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:55 PM

To save some trouble for anyone who's considering it, here's the skinny on the MilHorse. I went over to take a look, thinking that the sale might move the price down to what it's worth. Didn't, but that's not the important message. If you are considering the Bundle (such a deal! all in one box!), look at the pieces first. DAZ, typically, does not tell you what separate items are bundled to make the "bundle," but as near as I can tell, there's nothing in there but the horse ($25), Texture Pack 1 ($8), Texture Pack 2 ($6), and the MilFoal (FREE!!!!!). In other words, you can pay $39 for the pieces and not get a "free" foal or pay $49 for the bundle (and, of course, get a "free" foal). Great deal, huh. Maybe my math is wrong, or maybe there are other secret items added to the bundle I could not detect. Or maybe my definition of "free" is outdated. But I seem to remember a similar situation during a "sale" on the MilDog, so I'm dubious that I've misread anything. Don't get me wrong. There are some good deals to be had in the sale. I'm pulling three Gwendolyn items out of my wish list. But I'm not paying $49 for the MilHorse. Frankly, $69 was the joke of the year. I might pay $39, but I doubt it. About as likely as paying $20 for the basic textures to adorn the Charger I got for free. M

artistheat ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 10:42 AM

I guess you need to always check if a sale is a sale...LOL I also ran into the animal section there where a few dino's I wanted that I didn't have.I believe I got some good deals on them. Allosaurus was 16.95 now 3.39 Stegosaurus " 19.95 " 3.99 Spinosaurus " 19.95 " 3.99 Gallimius " 14.95 " 2.99 To bad not all vendors are in on the sale other wise I would have gotten a lot of other animals I wanted.

ratscloset ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 11:13 AM

This is happening because of the methodology of the Pricing. If you pay attention items that are deepest discount are items that have not sold well as products. Many of the deepest discount items are parts of Bundles. So, using this methodology of pricing you will get anomalies like the Horse Bundle. Another is the David Bundle, Aiko Bundle, GIRL Bundle, and the Combat Uniforms Bundle.

Notice too, that most of the V3 and M3 products are not as deeply discounted as the other figure products of the same style. That is how the Combat Uniforms are cheaper individually verses the Bundle. The Freak and David are deep discount, but the M3 and the Bundle was not as deep. It stands to reason that M3 would sell the best, and then due to the original price structure the Bundle would be the best deal for people that may have only had two of the figures.

This actually shows an incorrect market performance analysis by those doing it for DAZ. It is understandable, considering the number of SKU at DAZ. You can see the same at the Grocery Store. Most stores the 1lb of Cheese Slices (Kraft or other brand) are priced more per pound than the larger packages, as is expected. This means that the larger packages will sell better, per units ordered than the 1lb which is ordered in larger quanities. When a Grocery Chain does a price performance analysis it sees the 1lb Package as not moving on a per unit basis, while the larger packages are often sold out. What ends up happening is a sale to improve the unit performance of the 1lb package where the price ends up being cheaper than a third of the 3lb Package, making it more affordable to buy 1lb over the larger packaging. This is not what the vendors intended when they created the bulk package, but it occurs due to this faulty price analysis.

My suggestion is take advantage of any of the items you have considered. Look for items you might have passed on due to past pricing and shop smart, buy looking at the components of a Bundle and sometimes the Bundle itself.

ratscloset
aka John

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 11:39 AM

My suggestion is take advantage of any of the items >> you have considered. Look for items you might have >> passed on due to past pricing and shop smart, buy >> looking at the components of a Bundle and sometimes >> the Bundle itself. Definitely. I've been browsing for most of a day, and as sales go, this one is a finger puzzle. Buy warily and score big. Or open wide and get stuffed. It's a personal promise!!! I love your supermarket example. I once showed a grocery store head cashier that the 2-lb economy bag of frozen peas was actually more expensive than four ten-ounce bags (neither was on sale) and she explained to me, without batting an eye, that I was paying for "convenience." Theirs, in this case. Just remember, any sales shill who makes a personal promise is just trying to get his hand in your pocket. And it's not because he hungers for your firm, insistent thews. M

rreynolds ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 12:27 PM

In the supermarket example, companies have, in some instances, made larger packages more expensive solely because customers have gotten into the habit of buying larger sizes for price savings. Jack up the price of large items and customers pay more per pound and still think they're getting a bargain. It's sleazy, but it's happening.

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 7:51 PM

To follow up on the horse: I looked carefully at the 36 images, worked through the textures, and decided against it. I guess I need to rig the Charger (what a mess) and buy the texture kit at vistainternetproducts (Lynn's Creations). Waiting for a CD makes more sense than spending $40 on a Breyer horse with rubber joints. Someday, someone will revolutionize rigging 4-leggeds, and Poser will move forward. M

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.