Mon, Sep 9, 4:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Boolean Subtract Rendering Artifacts

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 10:16 PM · edited Tue, 31 October 2023 at 9:55 AM

artifact.jpg

I've been trying to use some boolean modeling techiques but have been having problems rendering boolean subtractions. It appears there are noisy artifacts in the area of a boolean subtraction. I'm looking for help in figuring out how to fix this.

Here's a very simple sample. Create the letter A with a round bevel. Subtract a box from one of the legs. Render with ULTRA setting and you still have noise in the area of the leg.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help how to fix.

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2006 at 6:58 AM · edited Sat, 25 February 2006 at 7:01 AM

file_328992.jpg

Right click the object and select bake to polygons. That should solve your problem. (in German version its 'zu Polygone Verschmelzen')

Mazak

Message edited on: 02/25/2006 07:01

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

jc ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2006 at 3:06 AM

Yes, i think Mazak has the solution. I had some boolean problems with texturing and e-on support recommended baking to polys.

_ jc...'Art Head Start' e-book
.......'Art Head Start.com site Digital Art skills. Free lighting chapter, tutes, Vue models, tex pix.

chippwalters ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2006 at 4:32 AM

Mazak, Thanks a bunch for the help. It works great :-)

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:55 PM

Boolean operations are never perfect, it's not the rendering that is bed, it's the geometry produced but the operation. Some apps have higher quality than others, but it's never perfect, even when baking to polygons, although it does look a lot better.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.