Fri, Sep 20, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: what is E in formulas?

anxcon ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2006 at 1:29 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

E constant, what is it? i know its a dumb question :P just never seen it in math

ominousplay ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2006 at 2:11 PM

Energy Energy = mass x speed of light... or... Elevation or...

Never Give Up!

anxcon ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2006 at 2:20 PM

me <-- confused :x

ominousplay ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2006 at 4:13 PM

What context are you reading or using the "E constant" in. R

Never Give Up!

anxcon ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2006 at 4:25 PM

in the manual is a list of things you can use in formulas working on shaders now, E and Pi are listed for constants i get Pi (duh) but E?-_-

ominousplay ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2006 at 4:27 PM

Sorry, can't help. I don't have a clue. Energy wouldn't be applied here, would it? Maybe elevation... Good luck

Never Give Up!

ramble1035 ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2006 at 6:04 PM

It's a magic constant. e=2.718281828... It is used in various formulas like natural logarithms (log to the base e rather than log to the base 10), but I'm not sure of much more. It's been a long time since I had to deal with it.

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2006 at 4:17 AM

Attached Link: http://www.ndt-ed.org/EducationResources/Math/Math-e.htm

Sounds like I have to look into my mathematic books again. Studied electronics on the university which includes extensive mathematics. Just remember there was a constant called 'e'. More info on the link... Just have no idea what it can be used for in Carrara...

johnkramar ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2006 at 11:41 AM

e is usually defined by the equation:

e = limit of (1 + 1/n)^n for n from zero to infinity

The number e was first studied by the Swiss mathematician Leonhard Euler in the 1720s, although its existence was more or less implied in the work of John Napier, the inventor of logarithms, in 1614. Euler was also the first to use the letter e for it in 1727 (the fact that it is the first letter of his surname is coincidental). As a result, sometimes e is called the Euler Number, the Eulerian Number, or Napier's Constant (but not Euler's Constant).

An effective way to calculate the value of e is not to use the defining equation above, but to use the following infinite sum:

e = 1/0! + 1/1! + 1/2! + 1/3! + 1/4! + ...

ref: http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.e.html

anxcon ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2006 at 2:10 PM

o.o' thanks

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2006 at 3:12 PM

Still don't know what it can be used for in Carrara ;-))

anxcon ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2006 at 3:33 PM

creating a 3d calculator =P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.