Thu, Sep 19, 8:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: why won't my rocks and flowers show?

gothicwriter72 ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2006 at 10:48 PM ยท edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 9:36 PM

Attached Link: http://www.emilyhedrick.com

file_331577.jpg

Hi everyone,

I am working on a scene and everything is going well except. I added a few things to the Echo system. But I am only seeing the royal maple tree. What am I doing wrong? Here is a pic of my settings

Message edited on: 03/04/2006 22:49

jc ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 2:28 AM

I've never seen minus "Presense" setting before - or ranges. I usually set mine from 0 to 10.

Of course i've been wrong before, lol.

_ jc...'Art Head Start' e-book
.......'Art Head Start.com site Digital Art skills. Free lighting chapter, tutes, Vue models, tex pix.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 3:24 AM

It's the distribution function that does it. I never use distribution functions, because you really don't know what will come out of it. If you need to precisely distribute your vegetation, do, it with a bitmap.

Monsoon ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 4:11 AM

I agree Emily...I would change those settings.

Irish ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 6:43 AM

I'd also say that your settings are away too high - for instance, your maple tree is the same size as your rock...the higher you set them in Scale, the less you will have of them...bonnies are also very very large compared to your trees. I would leave the trees at 1.000 and reduce the rock and the bonnies - if you want more present, then change them in the Presence column - such as .500 for the trees, etc. :)

DMM ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 11:36 AM

You need to clear, then repopulate for the new additions to show.

gothicwriter72 ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 12:09 PM

thanks guys for the help! :)

gothicwriter72 ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 12:12 PM

what does presense mean? what does it do? and how do I use a bit map to distribute?

jc ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 12:21 PM

Presence means somthing like "How many of this object to i want in my Ecosystem Vs these other objects?" The proportion of each object Vs the total objects.

As mentioned above, the scale and presence affect the number in the population. That is, if you make them too big, not many will fit - depending on the size of your underlying (base) object.

Look in the Back Room and do a search for "ecosystem" and "map" and such, to find one of the several tutorials on using a B&W image to control an Ecosystem. Too complex for a single post to cover.

_ jc...'Art Head Start' e-book
.......'Art Head Start.com site Digital Art skills. Free lighting chapter, tutes, Vue models, tex pix.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 1:48 PM

Emily, again this is quite well documented in the manual. I don't mind helping out, I'm glad to do it, actually, but this is pretty basic stuff you ask everytime.

gothicwriter72 ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 2:42 PM

sorry, but I lost the manual. I was moving and I lost it.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 2:43 PM

You can download a pfd manual from e-on's website, Emily. Paper is better ( at least I think so), but pdf is better than nothing.

diolma ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 3:01 PM ยท edited Sun, 05 March 2006 at 3:03 PM

One other thing (which has caught me out more than once):

I notice that you have your mapping (under effects, in top RH corner) set to "World - Standard". Try changing that to "Object - Standard" (I think that's what it's called - can't check w/o firing up V5I, then I'd miss my 15 min 'rosity post time..). Object standard: Everything is spread about on just your object; World standard: Everything is spread about in the whole world (but your object only picks up the bits that are where it is in the World).

Think of it like this: If the algorithm generates (say) 3 objects, then under World Standard, those 3 objects will be scattered around the World. If your terrain happens to be in the area of one of those objects, it will show up. If not, it won't. But under Object Standard, those same 3 objects are generated on your terrain. So they'll always show up, even if you move the terrain...

Also make sure you don't have anything too close to your terrain (such as a ground/water plane) - these can affect the "decay near foreign objcts" bit. Either turn that off, or move the other bits away from the terrain...

Cheers,
Diolma

(Hope that made sense..)

Message edited on: 03/05/2006 15:03

gothicwriter72 ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2006 at 3:15 PM

oh thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.