Tue, Oct 22, 6:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Looking for a high quality M3 texture

jhustead ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 5:19 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 2:27 AM

Please give me your honest opinion on the highest quality M3 character you can think of with or without the aid of face_off's skin shader. Please include a link to the product your talking about. Thanks for your input. -James

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 7:54 PM

To start with, that would be anything of Jepe's right here: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=JPeter And you can't go wrong with any of Morris's characters either.

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 8:37 PM

I like to work with "Jos by Shahara and "Mitch" by TamelaJ, both are HiRes (you may need to alter the textures-size when doing portraits)and very realistic.

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

seattletim ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 8:57 PM

Jose is remarkable!

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 9:05 PM

Attached Link: http://webfantasy.info/Roy_Dupuis/Images/Roy_Dupuis_01.jpg

Jose looks like Roy Dupuis.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 9:21 PM

Oh yes, in fact he does! Thanks for sharing this pic!

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 10:31 PM

Attached Link: http://poserpros.daz3d.com/store/viewitem.php?selitem=1417&start=0&selcat=0&selsub=0

My favorite is Hawke hi-res by Daio. The promos don't really do it justice.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 11:03 PM

Agreed. Same goes for her Raven and Winter Kin. Beautiful!

Arvanor ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 3:49 AM

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

rofocale ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 4:33 AM

Try this one: "Adrian for M3" on rdnas site, I can recommend it! Theres also some good PSD overlays for the face, that gives him beard and/or a mature look! http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?sku=SR%2D005 / Cheers

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 5:09 AM

Sorry, I forgot the links, so here they are:
Jose
Mitch

profotograf ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 6:46 AM

You have to remember one thing, if you want hi-res and hi-quality textures, you cannot render in P4 mode nor can you render using the default low-settings in Firefly. If you use the Poser default settings in firefly, you won't get the high-quality you want from any texture. Granted there are alot of poor textures out there, what you need to note is the size of the textures themselves. If they are only for example 1000px high or wide, then they won't be hi-res. If the images themselves are blurred or not clear, then the texture won't look good. There are many types of textures too. There was once a flame-war between UweMattern and Jepe over what was better, a painted texture or a photo-realistic one. I think both are fine, it depends on what you are looking for. Some people like textures made from photos, some like hand-painted ones. You can see alot of the textures being used on my site Maleposerotica in the galleries and can happily talk to users who use textures where all of the texture can be seen, this from both women and men artists. If you are going to buy a texture, the best thing to decide is can your PC handle rendering at full render quality in Firefly, and can you wait that long for the render to be finished. You don't need to have face_off's tools but why not? They are quite incredible I think as an enhancement to your artwork. Just my thoughts on this issue. Antonio Rodriguez Webmaster MalePoserotica, PoserGuys, PoserWizards.

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 8:37 AM

Yep, very right and good explained! One of the most important ingredients of good renders is patience ;o)

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 8:58 AM

In 2004, I did render tests of the M3 texture maps I owned. It's not current now (since I have bought many new textures), but I included in the list a few current standouts, imho: A+ = DAZ David A = DAZ M3, DAZ Luke, Jose B+ = Thorne PanPan; DAZ Freak; Sledmasters Boris; Morris Wetnwild; Aredhel-Elf and Human; L7 Craig, L7 Rene B = RDNA Beach, Raw Ronin-Manborg, Kyoji, DAZ V3Male, Everyday Male, Jade bB

jhustead ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 3:43 PM

Thanks for all of your input and the links as well. I guess it would help if I told you what type of character I am aiming to produce. I plan on doing a representation of Jesus. Not that any of us know what Jesus looked like but we have all seen representations of Him in other artists work. Thanks again, James

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 4:54 PM

Then my advice would be to start with something middle-Eastern -- or as close as one can find to the ethnicity of people from that part of the world, which can be quite a trick -- and play around with it until it comes out the way you want. A lot also depends on whether you're going for the typical "white Jesus" or an entirely different look. All depends on how you see Jesus, imho.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.