Sat, Oct 5, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Texture Problems with Poser Figures in Vue 5

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 12:17 PM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:17 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_333545.jpg

I'm having some problems rendering Poser 6 figures in Vue 5.

As you can see in the linked pic the textures often look wrong with banding and other strange effects. In this pic the banding on the legs is very evident as well as the strange texturing on the stomach...Am I overlooking something simple that needs adjusting??

After posing in Poser I export the figure as an .obj and then import it into Vue. On import I'm prompted to locate the textures, which I do. After I have adjusted lighting, camera position, etc. I then render.

The character in this pic is Lucille for V3...though I have had these strange effects when using various other texture maps ( such as the V3 Hyperreal maps ).

Any help and advice greatfully welcomed!

Irish ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 12:21 PM

Have you tried saving in poser as a pz3 and then importing into Vue? It should not need to ask for location of textures as a pz3 so give it a try. ;)

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 4:56 PM

Yes, Irene is right, you should import your pz3 directly in Vue. I think that converting to obj modifies the uv mapping of your figure.

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 5:04 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_333546.jpg

Thanks for your help...I tried importing the pz3 rather than the .obj and...fingers crossed so far...it seems to work ok. At least there aren't any odd meshes or banding in the textures. I also increased the smoothing angle to 80 in Vue ( someone suggested this matches Poser's setting ). Here's my latest render of the above scene...much better. Thanks for your help again.

thundering1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 9:37 PM

I've been doing that too - the .obj route! Been a pain in the --- dealing with textures! Gonna try that - thanks Sandman for posting the question and example - thanks Irish and Bruno021 for the info! -Lew ;-)

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 10:33 AM

Curious, because the obj route works perfectly in Bryce (it's the only way available). So converting to obj does NOT change the UV mapping. It can only be something about the way Vue reads obj files. Also, I don't think that what you are seeing is banding in the texture, it looks to me as though the mesh is distorted.

diolma ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 3:08 PM

A further suggestion: Don't forget that once you've positioned/scaled/translated/rotated etc. your figure (should that be necessary), you have the option of exporting it as a .VOB, (which IIRC, is smaller than a complete PZ3)... Cheers, Diolma

barrowlass ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 6:43 AM

file_333547.jpg

got this tip from the poser forum - I've been practising importing P6 files into Vue 5 Esprit - change her cornea material into glass (I used Diamond) and you get a nice reflection in her eyes.

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.