Mon, Sep 23, 3:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Rendering

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 7:25 PM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 3:16 AM

file_334546.jpg

Hello all, I have DAZ/Studio 1.2.0.1 I had no problems rendering it in the pass, Now it only renders 70% or 90% and then stop responding (freezes up) Im sending pics of my settings. can some1 help please?

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 7:27 PM

file_334547.jpg

heres the other pic

jestmart ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 10:01 PM

Have you always had it set to render to a file? If so try changing the setting to "New Window".

artroland ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 10:15 PM

What are your advanced tab settings?

jroulin ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 6:09 AM
Online Now!

Is this with all scenes or only a specific one? Maybe you have something complicated to calculate at that point and the computer simply needs lot of time to render the area.

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 12:25 PM

file_334548.jpg

heres advance settings.....

artroland ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 12:47 PM

I'm gonna go with jroulin on this one ... Aside from your system MAYBE being a little light on horsepower, those settings should be just fine ... one thing I would look at that always sends my machine into a tough render situation, is open reflection maps. See if any surfaces you have in the image have reflections on with no maps, which will force it to render first the item reflected with proper shadowing, and then map that reflection to the surface of the selected item. Just a thought ... hope it helps ...

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 12:55 PM

Art, how would I look for reflection maps? I just bought The gathering structure from DAZ, thats what i was trying to render. maybe that was it.....im still a rookie at this :D

artroland ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 1:58 PM

Well, if you select your surfaces pane, then select an individual surface, you will see that you can scroll down the selections to see the "Reflections" tab. If this is an out of the box item, though, I would doubt that would be at issue. Does it occur ONLY with this file, or does it occur with others as well?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 2:26 PM

Try lowering the Bucket Size setting in the Advanced tab, that tells the renderer to work on smaller chunks which may help if it's a memory issue.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.