Mon, Sep 23, 4:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Many Poser Import Problems

LMcLean ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 4:54 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 4:23 PM

file_334942.jpg

I have animated a helicopters propellers in Poser, but importing into Vue is very problematic. Problem 1 The model doesn't import all the pieces. I saved the file as a .pzr3 file. Then I opened it in Vue and half the stuff is missing. I did the same with another poser helicoper and everything imported fine. Problem 2 The helicopter I did mange to import came in differently than saved in Poser. I save the poser animation as 30 frames and 30 fps. When I imported it onto Vue the frames stopped at frame 23 not 30 like I saved in Poser. I don't understand why the difference.

Trelawney ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 9:07 PM

Hi LMcLean Some quick checks:- - Poser6 SR-2 ? - Vue5I 5.09 ? - 'Use External Binary Morph Files' disabled in Poser? - Tried Disabling 'Group Files As Single Mesh' during V5I Import? - Tried Disabling 'Use Quaternion Interpolation' during V5I Import? - Did you select to import entire Poser animation? If so, it should import 30 frames as 0-29 Hope some of the above gives you things to try. Kind regards

LMcLean ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 12:38 AM

Trelawney, Tried all of the above. Yes I have: Vue5 Infinite 5.09 Poser 6.0.1.77

Trelawney ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 3:20 AM · edited Tue, 21 March 2006 at 3:34 AM

Hmm that's a tough one - usually one of those resolves most Poser related import issues (apart from adjusting Materials).

Which animated Helicopter model are you having trouble with?

Another thing some people do for prop based animations is to substitute a fixed blurred (non animated) blade - but it looks like various other components aren't importing too e.g. doors etc.

Unless anyone else has an idea, I strongly recommend opening a Technical Support thread stating the above things that you have tried already.

Good luck! P.S. My Poser 6 is SR-2 (6.0.2.118) which is the only other thing I can think of.

Message edited on: 03/21/2006 03:34

iloco ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 8:52 AM

When importing into Vue as a pz3 uncheck the "Group figures as a single meshes" and see what happens. :)

ïÏøçö

LMcLean ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 10:09 AM

Trelawney, The model is the Blackhawk helicopter from Vanishing Point. Maybe I need some Poser update or something. iloco, I always uncheck "Group figures as a single mesh" This didn't seem to help.

Trelawney ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 10:24 AM

I've just checked my libraries - I have this BlackHawk from Daz3D and it animated ok - so it may be something about the model, or (quite possibly) that you need to updated to P6 SR-2 (a lot of Vue integration fixes are based upon this and an updated SDK too). If interested, I notice that this BlackHawk is down from $25 -> $10 if you were looking for an alternative.. http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2711 All the best

Trelawney ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 11:09 AM

file_334943.jpg

Just did a quick test importing a 30 frame animation of the Daz BlackHawk (SeaHawk texture used) using motion blur on the blades rather than using a blur prop, but just to confirm that this works ok, and all default import options used - I just tweaked the camera angle, focal length and used a preset GA atmosphere.

(Should have removed certain non SeaHawk props but they are in green - oops more haste etc...)

Hope this helps - even if not the identical UH-60 model

LMcLean ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 11:12 AM

Trelawney, I just loaded the Poser SR2 so I am totally up to date. The model still won't import correctly. So I have sent an email to Vanishing Point. Yes I considered buying the Daz Balckhawk, but I didn't because the front window is not correct. The Blackhawk helicopter has 3 windows in the front and this model has only 2 so I didn't like it. I'm sort of picky that way. I like my models to be modeled accurately. Thanks for your help. I will keep you posted.

LMcLean ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 11:19 AM

Trelawney, Great POV in that image. Nice work!

LMcLean ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 12:11 PM

Well here is the response I received from Vanishing Point. I am disapointed there was nothing on the Blackhawk model page that informed me that the models weren't made for use in Vue. This "geometry switching" sounds like the reason the propellers and windows won't import. If anyone has a workaround for this I would appreciate it.

In the meantime I wouldn't recommend the Vanishing Point Blackhawk helicopter from Vanishing Point if you are wanting to use it in Vue.

I don't want to sound mean, but none of our models are
meant for use in Vue except for the "Executive
Helicopter (for Vue)". I can try to help you out, but
I don't even own Vue Infinite.

The Blackhawk uses "geometry switching" to hide and
show the blades, but Blue Thunder does not. This could
be what's causing the issue in Vue.

Try unzipping all of the Blackhawk files (obj files,
textures, etc) into one folder and then try importing
the model from there. When Vue imports the Poser file,
try pointing it at the folder with the obj and texture
files. Hopefully this will do the trick.

--John

JCH Digital Designs
Vanishing Point.biz... Innovating the 3D World

Trelawney ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 3:15 PM

file_334944.jpg

Thanks for letting us know - that's a shame as I do like the Vanishing Point models and do have a few myself. Good point about the 2 vs 3 windows on the Daz model - i'm not 100% sure but his 'may' be part of the texture as some of the images on the Daz site show 3 windows too - but i've not investigated this further. Thanks for complimenting the image - It's typical - sometimes one can try for hours to get something to look decent and nada - other times it just happens! >8o) Final suggestion - since updating Poser and changing the options described above, could you try one last time to add the model to a new scene and saving - just in case there is corruption in the old scene. Probably a dead-end, but in the interest of completeness... Sorry we couldn't help further, but at least we know what models can cause problems. Kind regards P.S. I re-rendered the same image as above at higher res FYI (sorry if this pushes frames out), but with Hybrid 2.5 motion blur with 20 samples to get a nice copter blade effect - I learned something new today too! >8o)

LMcLean ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 3:40 PM

Trelawney, Yes I opened a new Poser scene and started from scratch and opened the file, then opened a new scene in Vue and did the same thing, but it still doesn't work. I still think it has something to do with the "geometry switchng". Oh well $10 dollars down the drain.

billy-home ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 7:40 PM

A shot in the dark this, but what it might be is the figure is made up from numerous obj files, one for the body, one's for the doors, one for each propeller etc. and the export/import doesn't see this. Have you checked the geometries folder to see what obj files are in the folder for this figure? Try importing the obj file for the helicopter into Poser see how it looks, instead of loading it as a figure and see if it's complete there, then do the same in Vue. I'm only thinking this because John said in his reply to extract the 'Obj files', and I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Cheers Billy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.