Fri, Sep 27, 2:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 1:12 am)

Subject: Can't Setup Poser 4

Ricardo51 ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 5:44 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 2:33 AM

I know I'm old fashioned but I've stuck with Poser 4. Unfortunately now I've got my smart new Packard Bell Media Center the damn thing won't intall from CD. Double-click on Setup - nothing. Anyone else had this problem?

barrowlass ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 5:58 PM

Can't really help you specifically, but I have heard that XP Media Centre and Poser have "issues". Maybe someone with more knowledge of Media Centre can help more. Good luck.

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 6:01 PM
Site Admin

I run Pose 6 on an HP media center computer (with XP media center edition) with no problems. I don't know if there are issues with P4 or not tho.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 6:20 PM

Have you turned off any firewall-type software? Poser's setup just sits there doing nothing when I try to use it while Zone Alarm is running.....

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

kathym ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 10:01 PM

Try accessing the setup.exe file from your disc drive inside of the My Computer selection on the start menu. Make sure all fire walls are off (including any that come with XP) and give it a go. On another note - way back in 1995, my first computer was a Packard Bell - hopefully they've improved the quality of their products as well as their support. I had my motherboard go bad within a few months after buying it.

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 1:48 AM

Does your Media Center have 512 MB RAM or more? In that case, your total memory (RAM+virtual) will be over 1 GB. Poser 4 will crash on machines with more than 1 GB of total memory, unless the memory updater is applied. The installer has the same problem. Two possible solutions: 1: disable Virtual Memory (and possibly unplug some memory banks from your mainboard), install Poser 4, install the memory updater, put the memory banks back in your mainboard, and reenable virtual memory. Will not work if your machine has 1 GB memory modules. 2: Upgrade to Poser 6 (recommended)

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Nance ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 6:25 AM

copy the Poser directory en masse from your old computer?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.