Fri, Jul 5, 10:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 05 7:40 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: March's Challenge Theme - 'Spring'

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 8:34 AM

Great collection of images here!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

SndCastie ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2006 at 5:41 PM

I agree it is going to be really tough when the voting starts :O) Sandy

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 7:23 AM Ā· edited Sun, 19 March 2006 at 7:28 AM

file_330398.jpg

Terragen for the bg. Good luck to all & happy Spring! ")

Message edited on: 03/19/2006 07:28

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
I think I'll go sit on the sun.
Savage Dragon
"Chronicles of the Dragon Queen"

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 2:57 AM

Wow some great additions while I have been away - superb !

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few,Ā Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 3:01 AM Ā· edited Mon, 20 March 2006 at 3:02 AM

file_330399.jpg

Well spring Equinox is tomorrow the 21st so maybe some more entries yet I hope :)

Here is one of the crocus that have started to flower in my garden, though it is still very cold here too !

Message edited on: 03/20/2006 03:02

Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear

newleaf ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 5:37 AM

file_330400.jpg

A 'Spring' fractal from me

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 4:41 PM

Beautiful Pat all the colours of spring :)

Edward Lear

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 2:56 PM

file_330402.jpg

I just came across these red sucullent flowers and had to post two final images. Sorry if this is too much, but it fits the spring theme so well.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 2:57 PM

file_330403.jpg

And the second. Wonderful images everyone!

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2006 at 12:39 PM

file_330404.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!! What amazing entries in this thread. A few especially caught my eye. choholes for instance. That is soooo clever and also so beautifully realised. And Gun...your second in particular...WOW!!! And Kort...Richard...you guys always blow me away, so no surprise there. MAS4EVA!!! Well heres my contribution. Took it handheld. Held the icicle in one hand and the cam with the other. Applied the flood-filter as well. #:O)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

RimRunner ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2006 at 9:51 AM

Going to be a fun month. Please have your entries in by Wednesday evening. Voting to start on Thursday Morning.. We will also have to pay close attention to which image you're voting for, since so many have uploaded so much. :) But that comes on Thursday. Winner to be announced on Saturday. Good luck everyone. They're all great works.

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2006 at 10:05 AM

Wow Andreas...you actually used the flood filter in an effective way here. Beautiful entry. That must have been a lot of drips!

Onslow ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 2:36 AM

Superb Andreas - brilliant realisation and image :)

Edward Lear

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 7:42 AM

Thank you kind Sir. #:O)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 7:43 AM

Oh...and that thank you goes to you as well Kort. #:O) How come i never got an ebot for your reply but only Richards? Weeeeeiiiiird. #:o/

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 9:13 AM

It is strange. I don't always get ebots for replys to this forum -- got yours though! =]

Onslow ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 10:54 AM

file_330405.jpg

Last one from me - taken this afternoon of my garden pond :)

Edward Lear

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 11:14 AM

LOL! What a little cutie! Look at him take those breast-strokes. We had another 2 decimeter of snow last night...so i reckon i will have to wait a while longer for spring...and frogs. #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 11:20 AM

2 froggies and lots of eggs - nice shot and a sure sign of Spring. We have tadpoles swimming in the lake behind my house already. :)

vikinglady ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 10:26 PM

file_330406.jpg

I was trying to salvage the photos of Yellow Crocuses. Got frustrated, opened Apophysis, and this sprang out of the batching.

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 8:43 AM

file_330407.jpg

Here's mine. :)

netsia ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 10:48 PM Ā· edited Wed, 29 March 2006 at 10:54 PM

unfolding of life beginning of time soft unfurl of leaf promise of petal wellspring of hope ground thaws source of anew tableau of color garden awaits warmth and rain symphony of bloom gardener's delight croci :)

Message edited on: 03/29/2006 22:54

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 7:41 AM

That is a lovely poem Sue, very touching and well written. The imagery it provokes is pure Spring! :) May I suggest starting a new thread for voting when the time comes...the load time for this monster contest thread has become prohibitive, even on my hi-speed connection at work. Just a suggestion.

netsia ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 10:00 AM

thank you TwoPynts I'm happy that I got back from vacation in time to post :) a new thread for voting would be great....then my computer would 'spring' to life....grooooooooooooaaaaaan :D

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 12:42 PM

Ok, some great last minute entries !! Happy to see we got at least one poem in as well!! Please remember - you're voting for the Image, not the artist. So if you see where someone has uploaded more then one entry (cough: twopynts ;-), please select your fav' image from the respective collection. If they didn't give it a name, then identify it by the image (as best as possible). Please place your votes here in this thread and vote for your three top choices. Good luck everyone !!

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:58 PM

I guess we'll be using this thread then... (cough, cough) sorry, I'll try to be more selective in the future. ;] 1) #61 Dripping Icicle (Zacko) 2) #47 Ah, at last, Spring (gunsan) 3) #35 Spring Fairy (chohole) It goes without saying that this was a very tough choice. All the images are worthy.

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 3:16 PM

Great topic! Great responses! This was incredibly hard, all the entries were terrific. 1st #61 Zacko Icicle 2nd #46 newleaf Nature Awakens 3rd #35 chohole Spring Fairy

Fractals will always amaze me!

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 10:14 PM

1st-#49 Gunsan 2nd-#25 L8RDAZE 3rd-#75 netsia

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

newleaf ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 11:34 PM

1st Sol_gi_2nd #7 2nd Gunsan #48 3rd Netsia #75

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 11:43 PM

1st chohole #35 2nd gunsa #48 3rd onslow #56 Ditto my friend Kort here. Very tough choice between many excellent entries. #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 1:11 AM

1st Ardiva's Unicorn 2nd Zacko's Icicle 3rd Onslows Frogs What a great set of images, well done all

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 10:09 AM

1st Spring Fairy -gunsan # 48 2nd Onslow #31 3rd Early Spring Bloom -Tresamie #19

netsia ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 10:33 AM

1] #61 Zacko 2] #19 tresamie 3] #46 newleaf

Wolfspirit ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 1:33 PM

1st # 25
2nd # 13
3rd # 21

vikinglady ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2006 at 1:12 PM

Tough choices. 1 - #25 2 - #61 3 - #68 Good luck everyone.

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2006 at 2:59 PM

Oh dear, what to choose. Went through the list, got 10 still. Then shortened it to 6, in the end I threw the numbers up in the air, and this is what came down Ist No 48 (Gunsan's spring fairy) I have a weakness for fairies. 2nd No 68 (Onslow's frogs) I too have been watching the frogs in our pond. 3rd No 7 (Solrac's Anemone, what a wonderful blue, my fav colour) Honourable mentions to everyone else.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 5:11 AM

Final day to place your vote. I'm a little behind on getting this tallied up, but didn't want to just close it without the warning shot. Place your votes if you haven't already and I'll announce the winner tonight.

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 1:15 PM

The Votes are in: With 1 Point: SndCastie Tied with 2 points each: Netsia TwoPynts Tied with 3 points each: Ardiva Newleaf Tresamie With 4 points: Solrac_gi_2nd Tied with 7 points each: Chohole Onslow With 8 points: L8RDaze In 2nd, with 11 Points: Zacko And in 1st place, with 15 points: gunsan Congrats Gunsan! Please start a new thread with the topic for April. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.