Sat, Sep 21, 5:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Stingray

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 11:39 AM ยท edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 7:57 AM

If you're around your 40's you'll know what this is. Does anyone know of a good Stingray product with inside and outside details, if not can anyone make it? Oh! preferably for Poser.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 2:08 PM

Hmmm, I'm 44 and I have no idea what other types of "Stingray" there is other than the fish kind.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 2:36 PM

As in Corvette? ;) I like the new C-6 style. :) I actually like the C-5's the best. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 2:45 PM

Ahhh!!! I forgot all about those. I really wanted one of those at one time. hehe

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 2:47 PM

:) I still want one of the C-5's... Need to get rid of my Camaro Z28 first. ;) Clint

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 2:59 PM

There is a corvette at these links: http://www.3dcar-gallery.com/ http://www.voidstudios.net/void/index.cfm?fuseaction=free.main&navId=22 http://dmi.chez-alice.fr/models0.html http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2365&cat= There is a texture for the Daz 1967 corvette here: http://home.comcast.net/~sielkes/Freestuff.html

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 3:02 PM

NOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Stingray, the TV series, puppets, like Thunderbirds, Geez, come on guys! Troy Tempest, Phones, Marina, Fishmen etc. etc. You "MUST" know Stingray, same era as Thunderbirds, Supercar, Fireball XL5!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-0

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 3:19 PM ยท edited Thu, 09 March 2006 at 3:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.fab1.co.nz/Stingray_Crew.jpg

Oh wait. I seem to recall seeing something on TV that looked like that image. I didn't watch it though. I was more into Jetsons and The Flintstones and Yogi Bear. Here is a synopsis of the show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_(TV_show)

Message edited on: 03/09/2006 15:22

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 3:20 PM

Attached Link: http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/kits/images/Miscellaneous/ksn-stingray2.JPG

Is this what you are looking to have someone make for you?

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 3:28 PM

Man - I'm going to hit 43 this year (YIKES) but I dont recall that show. I was into Speed Racer, HR Puffin Stuff, etc.. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

dueyftw ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 12:58 PM

When that show was on tv, we had a antenna that was 40 foot tall on a hill in our back yard. Our tv only got 3 stations. So I think I missed it as a kid. Dale

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 1:07 PM

Dale - Thats funny. I was explaning to my 9 year old daughter that back when I was a kid we only had 3-4 TV channels and cartoons only came on after school for a few hrs and on the weekend mornings. Her jaw hit the floor - she couldnt believe it. I then told her our first TV was black and white and you had to change the channel on the TV...no remote. Then we upgraded to color and that TV had a remote control! She finds the above info very interesting...LOL. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

dueyftw ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 1:22 PM

Ya, things change. Does your daughter wonder why in movies from the seventies and eighties when a car brakes down, they just don't call for help on their cell phone? Dale

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 1:23 PM

Dale, That hasnt come up - yet. ;) Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 5:01 PM ยท edited Wed, 15 March 2006 at 5:05 PM

LOL, yeah, it hasn't been all that long really, and things have certainly changed.

I didn't have a TV with a remote until about 12 years ago when I bought my first colour television (a used one). Prior to that I had an old 21" black and white Zenith television that was probably from the 1960's. I think it was supposed to be portable because it had one of those luggage type handles on the top of it for you to carry it....but the thing weight about 100 pounds, LOL

Do you remember the old "Compact Vacuums" that were made out of cast iron and shaped like a bullet? LOL I used to ride around the house on one of those when I was a kid. Oh, and when I was a kid we lived at the edge of the City and didn't have running water. We literally had to take a wagon or toboggan 1 mile to the end of the street to a pumping station and pump pails of water to take back home. We had to heat water up for bathing which was done in a round circular metal tub (I still have the scar on my leg from when I cut it on a sharp spot). We all used the same tub of water to bath in and it was done from cleanest to dirtiest. And we had to use an outhouse all year long. People wonder why I hate camping, LOL I pretty much "camped" for the first 8 years of my life, and I can't say that I enjoyed it and while I have access to all amenities, I see no reason to do without them, so I refuse to camp in anything but a 5 star hotel these days, hehe.

Message edited on: 03/15/2006 17:05

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 2:45 AM

Attached Link: http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~bat/GA/ga-craft.html

@thefixer- I came across your thread here and thought you might get a charge out of this site, I know I did! I grew up watching all those Gerry Anderson "PuppetToon" productions too. Here are models for Fireball XL5, Thunderbirds are Go, Supercar, and yes...Stingray! Enjoy! Dan

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 9:27 AM

Acadia, Wow. I always had running water and in house hot water as well as in house bath rooms. Now my mother didnt. They had ice brought in for the frig and had to kill dinner each evening. ;) I do remember the vacums. ;) Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

starbase1 ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 5:42 AM

What software are you using? Some years back I made a terror fish from memory, in Lightwave... (Complete with flapping jaw and aquaphibian sitting in the eye!) Nick

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.