Mon, Sep 9, 4:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: RoboTech '85 (macross) lookie here ;P

waffen ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 6:56 AM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 9:40 PM

Hi ROBOTECH Fans

I've downloaded the free Valkyrie Models by Rooylo (quite sometime ago...they're superb)

But I'm looking for clothes/uniforms for V3/A3/SP3/Miki of the Robotech Saga, for free of course!!! j/k I would pay for them :P
(I actually don't own miki but I could tweak the models)

If there's nothing on the market, think 'bout it, With so many anime females models out there. It would be awesome to make a series of products based on the RS.

robotech.jpg

waffen ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 7:00 AM

OOps sry I posted in HTML Hi ROBOTECH Fans I've downloaded the free Valkyrie Models by Rooylo (quite sometime ago...they're superb) But I'm looking for clothes/uniforms for V3/A3/SP3/Miki of the Robotech Saga, for free of course!!! j/k I would pay for them :P (I actually don't own miki but I could tweak the models) If there's nothing on the market, think 'bout it, With so many anime females models out there. It would be awesome to make a series of products based on the RS. http://www.hrmex.com/robotech.jpg

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 8:42 AM

Royloo has a Valkyrie pilot helmet. All one would really need to do to reproduce the TV flight suits, is create an appropriate texture for one of the Cat suits. For the movie versions you would need a completely new mesh though. (I am referring to Macross the movie: Ai oboete imasuka... NOT Robotech the movie which is a horrible butchering of the OVA Megazone 23, and The TV series Southern Cross.) Otherwise why not ask someone to make one... People who MIGHT be interested in doing something like that are Royloo, and maybe J Hoagland at Vanishing point (Did some nifty Gatchaman outfits a while back, and they do have a VF-1... albeit not very accurate, but it does transform... In their store.)

waffen ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 8:50 AM

I couldn't post the image I made, but what I really looking for is the female officer uniforms i.e. Lisa Hayes I know the Robotech movie was crap campared to the Macross movies but I'm such a big fan of the Robotech TV Series (macross/southern cross/mospeada) (1985 85 episodes) I was thinking about commision somebody but I guess would be too expensive

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 1:15 PM

No doubt... But again someone who likes the show might do it for fun. I would if I had the modelling skill but I'm a huge Macross fan. I was a Robotechy back in the day but came to appreciate the Original series(s) better. I have them all on disc (In fact I bought Macross 3 times in different formats (4 if you count Robotech) I also have the Japanese Laserdisc box set of Southern Cross. :) I'd personally love to see someone do the female Bridge crew uniforms, for Aiko in particular.

JHoagland ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 9:54 AM

Attached Link: http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/productdetail.asp?productID=21

Vanishing Point has a robot that's similar in style to the Veritech fighter. It even transforms from aircraft to robot mode. Though, this is a product and not for free. If you ask nicely enough, maybe I'll get back to the SDF-1 project I've been meaning to finish. :) --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

waffen ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 12:42 PM

thanks for your replies guys

DapperMan ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 11:34 AM

file_328390.jpg

Don't know if this helps, but for one of my first texturing and modeling projects Ive been working on a TV flight suit tex for the V3 bodysuit, and a Valkyrie cockpit. I dont know how to transfer the texture to other bodysuits, because they use different mapping. She may be short for a mecha pilot, but Ill make a height morph for the seat if the cockpit is ever finished (2 years and counting) and imported into Poser.

waffen ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 11:37 AM

OMG!!!!

waffen ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 11:39 AM

PLEASE tell me you're also working on a female officer uniform (like the girls on the Bridge) J/K Superb work

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 12:58 PM

That looks really fantastic man! Love those retro 1983 flight controls :D

DapperMan ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 1:10 PM ยท edited Tue, 28 March 2006 at 1:13 PM

@waffen well, it makes me wonder if there is some skirt and jacket/short coat out there that could be re-textured to resemble an officer's uniform. The skirt is just a solid color, and on a jacket the right morphs and texture might be able to approximate those weird collars on the officers' jackets. Did you make a picture of Lisa, or were you trying to post an image of her from the series? If i could make clothes, i would have made the collared version of the flight suit, rather than the turtleneck version. @Berserga Thanks. In closeups, they look more like 1964 Star Trek controls. :D

Message edited on: 03/28/2006 13:13

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 1:17 PM

My friend said your flight sticks are wrong, but I'm too lazy to get up and look through my this is animation Macross specials. :) As for the Officer's uniforms I don't think a simple retexture will do for the jacket... It's a very distinctive design. It folds all the way over like the Startrek movie uniforms, or the latter uniforms from Babylon 5... I can't remember if that is called "double breasted" or "ingle breasted" It also has a little flap thingy in the back like a sailor uniform. (I oughta know I have a Max Jenius (sterling to the techies) uniform hanging in my closet. :D

DapperMan ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 1:55 PM

file_328391.jpg

stupid html won't work. i'll have to post them one at a time. Show your friend these.

DapperMan ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 1:56 PM

file_328392.jpg

DapperMan ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 1:57 PM

file_328393.jpg

I had to cheat a litle to make the controls reachable by M3, but not by much (the cockpit was built around him). I was thinking of doing the jacket cheaply by morphing another coat, since I can't model clothes from scratch yet. I thought i was special from building all those Macross plastic models, but you having a wearable uniform is the *coolest*.

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 2:41 PM

Thanks... Haven't built any Macross models (I like Polycaps) But I have 2 1/55 Bandai VF -1 Diecast toys sitting on top of my monitor at this moment. :) I do have an unbuilt Fire valkyrie from Macross 7 in the other room though. :D

DapperMan ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 7:39 PM

I have a Major Kusanagi on my monitor, an an unbuilt Max-type super Valkyrie from about... 10 years ago, on top of an unfinished Gundam model from... 15 years ago, on top of an Orguss model from, um, the 1980's. Dang, i'm getting old. But, it's a shame no one has tried making those uniforms for Poser. the only other Macross clothing I have found is the pilot's helmet from Royloo. A skirt and shoes would be easy to adapt, it's building the jacket and messing with joints that are beyond my skills right now.

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 10:22 PM

Actual Macross fans are hard to find, but You'd think there would be at least a few Robotech fan modellers around who would be up for it. What's the Major kusanagi look like? I have 3 or 4 of the pre built figures that I've gotten here or there (I hate building figure models (even Though I have quite a few as I bought my friend's anime collection. :D) I'm particularly fond of the "Harddrive" Kusanagi based on the Playstation game opening... HOT. :) Actually I pretty much quit building models like 5 years ago... I've still got like 10-20 or so unbuilt... Though some I've just collected like the Southern Cross ones. Not trying to brag (well Maybe I am) But I have several of the Macross figure PVCs they released a few years back. ^_^ I'm kind of a Macross Otaku, incase ya couldn't tell. :D

DapperMan ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 10:59 PM

file_328394.jpg

this Kusanagi. I don't know which figure series because the original package is buried somewhere. I've seen one Southern Cross model in my life, and it was a figure named Jun something, in his personal armor. i'd love to have seen the mecha model kits. Robotech for me was a gateway series for all other anime, so it has a place in my heart. It made me build 7 or 8 Valkyrie kits long ago. but after seeing the 3 original series in Japanese, they all put Robotech to shame. I think my favorite Macross series is Macross Plus (I'd love some of those toys), but I still haven't seen Macross 7. Macross Zero... well, the flight scenes were nice.

Berserga ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 8:57 AM

I have that figure too! cool :D I don't think it's supposed to be Kusanagi... It's from Ghost in the shell 2... I think it's a new character introduced in that book, which I unfortunately haven't read yet (SHAME!) I could be wrong though. This is really cool your history is very similar to mine... Robotech was also a Gateway series for me. It lead me to the broader world of anime. Macross 7 is hit or miss with people... It doesn't take itself very seriously, the mecha animation is very bad. I LOVE the VF-17 design though. (I have that toy also) I have most of it on LD. There were no mecha models made for southern Cross (at least not official ones... There were a couple of Korean garage kits of the red Bioroid) The kits I have are all personal armors... It used to be that you would find those show up in comic book stores or hobby shops I got my Charles and Andrzei there, I had to go to japan to get my Lt Jeanne :D (My most prized model kit) The closest thing to a Mecha model for SC is the old Matchbox hovertank toy It's really cool, but it only changes to 2 of the 3 modes. Anyway sorry to take this so far off topic :) Ya just usually don't find too many old skool anime fans around here.

Berserga ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 9:15 AM

file_328395.jpg

Here's what my (very messy) desk looks like. :)

DapperMan ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 1:50 PM

file_328396.jpg

Actually, this is the proper setting for the GITS 2 figure (I have the book, but haven't read it either. Gawd, the illustrations are nice!). Not pictured are numerous Gundam, Macross, and Megazone 23 books. :) That's pretty cool setup you have there! and that poster is a Macross illustration that I have never seen before. And I see that you have the Macross "portfolio" of little posters, too. And Kei and Yuri! I have Kei sitting inside a cabinet and forgot all about her. :) Unlike your sturdy Valkyries, I'm to scared to stand my old and fragile variable VF-1 models on the monitor. I don't know many fans of the 80's era anime either. My favorite mecha designs are all from the Macross/Mospeada/SC/Gundams of the 80's. And though i never got any SC products, i have Mospeada cycle and mecha models reboxed as "GoBots" in various states of assembly. I could probably spend a year finishing all those kits.

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 8:54 AM ยท edited Thu, 30 March 2006 at 8:56 AM

Nice selection of books there, I have several of em myself. Cool that you mentioned MZ 23 as it's one of my all time favorite shows. What book do you have? I have the MZ 23 best hit series book which IIRC has a nude poster of eve in it.

Hehe glad that ya noticed the Macross print set. I bought that at Animecon 91. It was one of the first anime items I ever bought. On the left you can see the Southern Cross print set, which came exlusively with the Japanese Laserdisk box.

I'm almost as obsessive about Dirty Pair as I am Macross. ^_^

Message edited on: 03/30/2006 08:56

DapperMan ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 12:22 PM

For Megazone, I've got the 2-book "photo mangas" of parts 1 and 2, and "the Official art of Megazone 23 part 2". No books from part 3, though I've seen it without subtitles and had little idea of what was happening. No nude posters of Eve, but there are plenty of Eve nudes in the Mikimoto art books. I was as obsessed with her as other fans were with Minmay, and the part 2 version of Eve gave me a proclivity for green haired anime women that my friends still tease me about. One of my characters in the galleries is named Eve in homage to her. :) BTW, according to robotech.com, a variable Garland figure is supposed to be out soon. I've seen some of the DP movies, about half of the TV series, and actually enjoyed the Adam Warren comic adaptations a lot. I saw pictures of the OAV's waay back in old Newtype mags, but never saw the episodes. one of my favorites is Bubblegum Crisis (the original OAV's), and the soundtracks. That, and Megazone 23 part 2 were the first anime I ever owned. All of this makes me remember what an expensive hobby this is!

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 2:27 PM

I'm a big BGC fan too... I have all the CDs from BGC and crash, but am missing AD police CDs 2-3 :( IMO MZ 23 part 3 is an attrocity. It is a miracle that they let Shinji Arimaki direct again after that. MZ 23 and the Dirty Pair OVAs are both out on DVD here now and are dirt cheap. In case you didn't know... A Transforming Garland, now that could be cool! UNLESS it's the one from the footage they added to MZ 23 to create Robotech the movie :)

DapperMan ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 4:21 PM

Attached Link: http://robotech.com/store/viewproductpreord.php?id=256

I just compared it to a still from MZ 23 part 1, and it is the original Garland. Never saw the Robotech movie, but my copy of MZ 23 part 2 is a "special English edition" from around '88 that has a new introduction with unsused animation from part 1. There was a Garland in it, but I don't know if it was a different version. Whatever it was, it had nothing to do with the story of Megazone. I've got 4 of the BGC CDs. love that 80's music! Never saw AD Police, but i remember the advertisments from Newtype. nice artwork! And i'll have to look for Dirty Pair now.:) Actually, a Garland was something I always wanted to build in 3ds max. I just don't have enough visual references for it... yet. :)

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 7:51 PM

That footage doesn't have any dialog right, and tacks a happy ending onto megazone? IIRC That footage was comissioned by Harmony gold to give RT the movie an upbeat ending.

DapperMan ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 8:56 PM

Yeah, that's the footage. I had to go watch it again; hadn't seen it in ages. there is no Garland besides the wreckage of the original, and he was suddenly flying a fighter of some sort. They play really awful music instead of dialogue and sound effects, stuff blows up, and Shogo and Yui are hugging at the end. It was well animated, but kinda dumb. I'm really glad I haven't seen the Robotech movie, because I can't imagine how they crammed all that stuff into it.

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 9:31 AM

Yeah that flying thing was what I was talking about. :) When I first saw that footage on my LD set I thought the same thing that you did, that it was "a lost ending" :) BTW If you haven't got it yet, you should get the DVD release of MZ 23 2 from ADV, it is so much better than that old dub... though I have a certain affection for it having watched it many times... (It's in the Japanese LD box as an extra.) My favorite humorous part about that dub is when a guy says, "It's too noisy in here" while playing pool... but in the dub version the crowd noise is completely missing. ^_^ That and the fact that they changed Shogo, and Yui, to Jhonny and Suzie. :D

DapperMan ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 11:13 AM

I remember that line. It was silent in there, not even music playing. My favorite line was from one of the soldiers chasing "Johnny," shouting "Winters? WINTERRRRS!!!" and firing his rifle into the air. I thought it was kinda funny to hear some Robotech voices in the old dub. Good thing that the old VHS tape has held up so well. Never did get my hands on the OST to part 2, instead I got the image album (there was a rather nice picture of Eve on the CD jacket, heh). One of those tracks was playing during the many beer drinking scenes.

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 11:22 AM

I have the OST, I had tried to get it for years, but it was out of print Then I found it at a con in 1999, apperantly it was reissued. It's a good CD, my favorite track is the crunchy guitar that plays when they steal the Garland in the underground. (I've had the vocal collection since 1992, so I didn't worry too much about the vocal tracks on it) If you can't find a copy of the CD PM me and I'll see if I can "help you". That might be a good idea anyway as this thread has become a personal conversation anyway :D

DapperMan ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 5:57 PM

I guess we did kind of jack this thread. :) That's the same track that made me want the OST. I may have been able to help myself, as far as the CD goes, but thanks. We might want to take this conversation to email, because I might not notice a PM notification for days (even though Renderosity is my homepage).

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 7:25 PM ยท edited Fri, 31 March 2006 at 7:27 PM

Do you have ICQ? If so PM me your number. (ICQ is great) I'm the same way about PMs, :) But if I know to expect one that's different.

Message edited on: 03/31/2006 19:27

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.