Sat, Sep 21, 12:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: New Superheroine Costume - Comments/Suggestions

Leee ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 10:01 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

file_116335.jpg

I had some comments that AltaWoman's old costume was to bland and generic. I've reworked it a bit built upon the Paulina texture. Comments and Suggestions are welcome.

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 10:46 AM

YEAH! How the H*ll did you get the hair like that?! That's awesome! Oh yeah.. the costume looks cool too... hehe... she can save me anytime!

anson ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 11:02 AM

Nice! I have been thinking of making a texture for that model, but the uv mapping of the figure doesn't feature the edited seams of the other figures. Have you created a better map with the seams flattened-out, or is that the standard template you are using?

anson ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 11:08 AM

P.S. I have a few morphs for the heroine (sort of an Anime meets classic bom-shell proportions) that I will be posting after I complete my current project. Anso-matic

Leee ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 11:47 AM

ookami: Thanks! The hair was done in post production starting with the "long curly hair" figure in P4, I then used Photoshop's smear brush. I used a custom brush consisting of about 8-10 points (as opposed to just one point for a brush) and just did a little smearing. There is a Photoshop tutorial on how to do this. Someone recently turned me on to it. I'll have to find it again. Anson: What model are you talking about? This is the standard P4 nude woman with some MT's added. Your texture map "Paulina" has a seam running down the side, which I can definitely live with. I either smooth it out afterwards or just don't show it! :-) Can't wait to see what kind of morphs you come up with!!! I've been trying to get the stomach "six pack" muscle look. I overlayed an actual picture on the texture map, but I can't seem to get it right. I'm looking to get bicep muscle shadows too. Thanks, Lee

anson ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 12:03 PM

Sigh, sorry Leee, I thought it was the "HEROINE" model from Zygote. :) BTW, my name is too close to Anton's it seems, if I people don't stop thanking me for his great texture work, I may start developing a personality disorder. :) An"S"on

Leee ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 12:05 PM

Oh well, I guess we are both in error! But thanks anyway. P.S. I get confused a lot too with that jerk Lee! ;-) Leee

Morbid ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 12:58 PM

Ohhhh ahhhh!! Very, very nice. I have only one small critique: the strap that runs from her right breast across to her left shoulder doesn't seem to evidence enough tension considering her... uh, ampleness. Its a very minute point in a beautiful texture. Feel free to ignore me. :) Hell, I probably would...

Leee ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 1:05 PM

Thanks Morbid, Of course you realize that Superheros only wear SUPER costumes made of the strongest material in the galaxy. It has to be, or how else would the costume stay on during intense battles with unspeakable evil! Besides you can only do so much with a texture map :-) Thanks for the comment though, I'll see if I can play with it a bit. Leee

anson ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 1:40 PM

...costumes that stay 'ON' during battle? Well, I guess that does reach a larger market. :)

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 1:49 PM

Wow she looks HOT! The hair looks great to! You can find my hair tut at http://www.mindspring.com/~zonefive/ and there is one at the Adobe site http://www.adobe.com/studio/tipstechniques/phsdigitalhair/main.html Looks like you used a combo of both tuts.... Great job. Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Leee ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 1999 at 3:05 PM

Thanks for the links Spike, yes I did use a little of each, my problem is I have a very short attention span. I'll start to read a tutorial and then I say, yeah yeah, I got it, let me start working on it, only to find I get stuck again. Someone once said that the average American will only read what they can during one bathroom visit. Ah, but I digress... Thanks again, Leee (not implying that your tutorial was too long)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.