Fri, Sep 27, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: * * * Welcome to the new forums ! * * *

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:57 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 8:21 AM

Take a seat... make yourself comfortable... watch out for the fresh paint :biggrin: A few things to help you getting yourself oriented in this new layout : - click on '[my options]' at the top of this page to select your avatar and check your options - please try to keep your avatar small, under 100x100 pixels if possible - select which forums you want to see in your forum list and which ones you want to subscribe to (they are not set to notify you by default. And most of all, remember that this is just the first version. If you see something out of place or just plain wrong, report it to me or any other mod/coordinator and we will make sure it is reviewed and hopefully addressed by the admins. I hope you will enjoy this new version !

iloco ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 8:16 PM

I posted this a few threads down so maybe it wasn't seen. Why do we have to copy and past a smilie when most php forums all you do is click the smilie and it goes into the post where your cursor is. This is kind of old fashion. :) The edit option is great to have. I also see if one makes a comment it dont push the thread back to top of the forum as most other php forums do. :) Not complaining but hope these few simple things can be taken care of. :) Also will we have an option to change the colors of the forum pages. :)

ïÏøçö

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:11 PM · edited Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:13 PM

Well...wish the options had a "uncheck all" option so then I could check the few forums I might go to...I came here after the community one as this is the forum I most use and I appreciate your help agiel.... ! Sorry I think the new forums look awful and they are really SKINNY on my screen (19" monitor at 1280 X 1024) other forums are wider for me.. I don't like the tinier text..really hard to read. It's sad to have all this change for maybe some "speed" and when the galleries change over I can only imagine what they will look like... I LIKED being able to change the background color, I much prefer my art against black so the focus is on the art, not the surrounding stuff... oh well. Hey! There is no link to go back to the main vue forum... or like the "read new messages"! So I have to back through my own post and back back??

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:25 PM

To go back to the list of new messages, try [top of forum] under the forum header :) Unfortunately, the sorting of threads according to the latest post is deliberate to prevent abuses from people who would want to 'bump' a thread back to the top just to make a point (a plague on other forums). The color issue - not changeable... for now I hope. There is going to be a lot of pressure on that question. I hope we will get to some kind of choice, at least for a black or white background.

NightVoice ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 10:02 PM

There really is no sorting of threads? How are we supposed to find new posts to older threads that may have scrolled off the first page? Do we have to just keep looking incase? I mean we technically had 'bumps' in the old forums that simply made them visible again as new and that wasn't abused. I am thinking I must have missed the just show new posts section. Oh and you can uncheck the forums you don't go to in the 'my options' section. :)

Veritas777 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 10:04 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity, violence

The links in my threads, Monsoons, etc- aren't visible- what happened to them?

hein ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 10:35 PM

Aah , finally a retroboard, everything we didn't like in a bboard in the hallowed days of DOS and echomail, newly applied in 2006.

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 12:03 AM

Did you see the GIANT LONG subject line of our NEW e mail notices?? oh sigh... I better trot on over to the Community forum.. Well I guess we have to be "squeeky wheels" on the color issue. I know of two good friends who honestly cannot look at WHITE backgrounds because of serious eye problems.

Benettor ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 6:44 AM

welcome new forum stuffs :biggrin: this is the best for our forum..renderosity well done 🤤

• Benettor - Photographer - My Art

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 8:33 AM

I must say, I disagree whole heartedly with not being allowed to see threads with the newest replies. I think that missing what someone said in a relevent topic because it's fallen to the 2nd page is WAY worse than having to deal with the occasional bumping of threads. Just my $0.02. The board looks great though. Good work.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:09 AM

I disagree that bumping new threads to top of forum is as you say will be abused. That is what moderators are for to see this doesnt take place. I have used it for 10 years on my vbb forum which is exaactly like the forum at cgtalk and I have not had anyone abouse it other than to post a smilie so a bot will send an email to that person. I find it a most useful tool to work with on anyones forums that will allow its use of which most all do but this one. I find it amusing that RO doesn't trust its customers or users enough to give them a forum like all the others on the Internet with threaqds not being bumped back to top when a new reply. :) What ever is decided is ok with me but I do find it odd all this not trusting members and they will be abusing things. Aren't most the members adults with a little maturity who can read what forum rules are or should be.

ïÏøçö

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:29 AM

Oh well, i am not sure still what i should think. Some issues are metioned already, i have some more. Yes, links have disapeared which is not good - maybe the transition was not perfect from old to new. Then the not happening resort of the threads is something that will make things difficult in the future in my eyes. What happened to my "watch forum" that i had until today? Is gone i think. Not good. When i look into a thread it should be marked as "read" i think. Which does not work here, weird. When i click on "my homepage" in the side bar i end somewhere that i am not sure what it is. Only when i then click onto "my community page" i come to my old homepage. Is this a temporary thing or is it meant like that? And if, why? Other things like "my gallery" are missing still. Hopefully as well only a temporarily thing. Not to forget, the "Preview Reply" and "Post Peply" could be a little more stand out - i had to search for them right now when i wrote this here. Last, the "Notify me when someone replies" should be set on by default. Or minimum i want the option to set it like this (if i have not overseen it so far).

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:37 AM

I like the new forum much :thumbupboth: Mazak 🆒

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:40 AM

I forgot one point. No message notification in the forum! Is that as it is wanted?

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

korbib ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 11:09 AM

hi all ! Where is the "printer friendly" option. I used it a lot. :sad:

Rokol ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 11:44 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2640627

Totally agree with Lynne & Wabe's points! Could we have some font colour & size options please, I find it useful on other forums. Another request would be that a clickable link to another thread be put below the message rather than at the top! Can we not just have a copy/paste your link in the message itself, then I can make multiple links if required. It does show where we are headed & congrats on getting that much old data transfered over. I noticed jpeg's posted are now pretty much unreadable on threads, they display correctly if you save them to disk though. See the link above.

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 12:06 PM

I reported the issues above to our 'migration' forum. Wabe - some of the issues you reported (with gallery and home page links) will go away once the whole site is migrated. Right now, the community pages, personal pages, free stuff, tutorials and galleries are still using the old system. Give a few days (weeks ?) to the developers - they are working as much as possible to fix immediate issues.

Irish ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 12:06 PM

I'm not crazy about the new forum look but then I hate change. I agree with above comments though - you definately need a new threads option because I hate digging though files...this is really OLD STYLE BB!!!! Not happy with the text - hard for an old gal to read. Hope admin takes all suggestions from members into serious consideration. My colours are awful at the moment - will have to see if I can change them. :) Irene

SteveCat ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 1:10 PM

What Happened to links?

spedler ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 2:10 PM

I quite like the new forums - at least, they're a lot better than the old ones, which were really antiquated. I agree with all the comments about text and screen colours, and the solution is to allow users to choose their preferred CSS style. DAZ do this now and it works really well. No complex coding is involved. With regard to text size - if you're running a decent browser (i.e. not IE6) you can increase the text size; in Mozilla, it's in the View->Text zoom menu. Not the best solution, but it works.

Steve

nick1 ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 2:42 AM

With all due respect, I wish we could get our old forum back. I truly don't like this. So confusing at least for me. But if I have no other choice, then I will have to enjoy it, won't I. Nick

CobraEye ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 3:28 AM

Are the forum drop-down boxes gone? I can't find them. If so I will miss them. Any chance they may return or is there a better way to jump forums that I am unaware of?

GPFrance ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 3:48 AM

Hello - good work, and thanks for managing all that, Agiel ! Well, I liked the "old" one, been used to it : good old steam engine, lightweight pages (am connected mostly via GPRS). Could we have an option in the new one, to see underneath each thread's title on the "top of forum" page, the listing, of who replied, and when ? That would avoid me to re-open each thread in a separate tab each time. I appreciated that "tranparency". Gerhard

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 7:11 PM

Thr drop down boxes are part of the list of things missing reported to the developers.

If you look at the top of the forum, just above the list of threads, you should see a new link to change the way articles are sorted :)

Just one example of the things developers are trying to correct.

I also got confirmation that the admins are aware of the issues with the default style for some people, and they are asking for patience until a workable solution can be deployed.

I am afraid the links have been lost during the migration. I hope they will be able to add them again but I haven't heard from the developers yet about this one.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 7:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.siteprocentral.com/cgi-bin/feed/feed.cgi

Great news ! Go into 'my options' - you should be able to customize the style sheet on the site to your needs. It is not very user friendly yet, but it should help you play with colors. Click on 'Click here to show/hide the default CSS setup ' to display the current style sheet. Copy / paste the style sheet into the text area under 'My Style'. You can edit the size of the font, colors, borders, etc right there. If you need help getting the right colors for your page, use this link and replace the values prefixed by '#'. You can do this without really knowing about HTML, I assure you :) The developers will work on a more user friendly interface when they are done with the bulk of the urgent issues.

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:19 PM

Quote - If you need help getting the right colors for your page, use this link and replace the values prefixed by '#'. You can do this without really knowing about HTML, I assure you :)

Where is the link or have I missed something. :) I hope the quote code will work. :)

ïÏøçö

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 10:32 PM

iloco - there is a 'quote' link just under each message. Let me know if you can't see it. The link was attached at the top of my message - can you see it ? or is there a problem with access rights ? Speaking of links - another good news. The missing links are back in old messages :)

Veritas777 ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 1:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

O.k., which line contains the COLOR of the background? In other words- where do I change the WHITE background to another color? ...Like FFC37F? ****************************************************** forum_headline { font-size:22px; font-weight:bold; padding-top:20px; } #forum_announcement { border:2px solid #404040; } #forum_announcement td { text-align:center; padding:4px; } #forum_outer_table { border:2px solid #404040; } #forum_outer_table td { padding:1px; } #forum_inner_table { } #forum_inner_table th { background-color:#495F73; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:11px; height:20px; } #forum_inner_table td { height:35px; } .forum_marker_cell { background-color:#EFEFEF; } td.forum_name_cell { background-color:#EFEFEF;padding-bottom:10px; } a.forum_forumname_link, a.forum_forumname_link:hover, a.forum_forumname_link:visited, a.forum_forumname_link:active { font-size:13px; } a.forum_threadname_link, a.forum_threadname_link:hover, a.forum_threadname_link:visited, a.forum_threadname_link:active { font-size:12px; } .forum_summary_div { font-size:11px; } .forum_author_cell { background-color:#DFDFDF; } a.forum_author_link, a.forum_author_link:hover, a.forum_author_link:active, a.forum_author_link:visited { font-size:11px; } .forum_threads_cell { background-color:#DFDFDF; font-size:11px; } .forum_posts_cell { background-color:#DFDFDF; font-size:11px; } .forum_views_cell { background-color:#DFDFDF; font-size:11px; } .forum_last_post_cell { background-color:#DFDFDF; font-size:10px; } .forum_group_row_cell { background-color:#D7DDD2; font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; } .forum_avatar_cell { font-size:10px; padding:2px; padding-top:5px; } a.forum_avatar_link, a.forum_avatar_link:hover, a.forum_avatar_link:active, a.forum_avatar_link:visited { font-size:10px; }; .forum_message_cell { } .forum_message_detail_table { border-bottom:1px solid #808080; padding-top:2px; padding-bottom:2px; } .forum_message_detail_cell { font-size:10px; } .forum_divider_cell { background-color:#D7DDD2; } .forum_quote_div { font-style:italic; padding-left:20px; }

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 6:04 AM

There is a trick... you need to add this to the style sheet to change the background : BODY {background-color:#9aa5ab; } .content_cell { background-color:#9aa5ab; } for example...

Irish ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 7:46 AM

Not everyone is comfortable changing coding! Gosh, you would think they should be able to give us options we can click on to change the colours. :(

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 8:02 AM

I agree Irish that a lot of people see that code and its all greek to them. An option for picking colors would be very nice for those who are having problems. agiel I see the quote but what I wanted to do was take just a part of a post or reply and put it into quotes instead of the whole content. Hope this make sensce. On my forum I can use quote tags and it will put into quote whats in the quote tags.

Quote - The message

I see it will not work on this forum as most other php forums. :)

ïÏøçö

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 8:45 AM

Irish The option to click and change the colors will come once the developers are done with the major fixes on the forum. Let me know if I can help you get the style / colors you want.

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 4:11 PM

Anyone tried this yet? I want black background! I also posted in community forum about the MULITPLE forum e mail notices and the huge two line subject matters... it's like we are getting spammed! :( Renapd started that subject.

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 4:29 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2641863&page=1

Lyne You will find some examples of styles, along with screenshots, at this thread in the Community Center. You want black baground - what color do you want for your text and your links ? Send me a screenshot in the forum, or by email, and I can try to give it a shot.

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 6:17 PM

The forums are SO SLOW and so hard to deal with.. I am going around an unsubscribing and if the GALLERIES get like this, I am LEAVING and speaking with my money - IE: not shopping here!!!

Djeser ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 3:47 AM

I've found the new forums to be blazingly fast, much more so than the old ones, although I was used to the style of the old forums. I do hope they improve the "look" of these, though; they seem too crammed together on the main forums page, and those yellow stars are pretty obnoxious, lol!

Sgiathalaich

Rokol ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 1:16 PM

Hey, thanks for the font options!

Rokol ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 10:14 AM · edited Thu, 13 April 2006 at 10:18 AM

Can I suggest the threads are about ten replies to a page max. The wishlist thread for VUE 6 has thirty replies on page one & I am finding it hard to trackback through.

The other issue would be that when being notified of a reply to a thread. When you click the e-mail link it takes you to the top of page one. Is there a way of it finding the particular reply directly? I have this feature on other forums.

Thanks.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:32 PM

Did you check the link in the email recently ?

Since yesterday. links from ebots will take you straight to the corresponding message and no longer to the top one.

It is working for me.

Rokol ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 3:16 AM

Yes, it is working! Thanks agiel!

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 12:01 AM

file_338430.jpg

Well I had NOTHING to loose, so I found Trekkie Girls' "final" css code and slapped that in...and got what you see here...and I am sooo relieved!! I mean soooooo soooo sooo relieved!! I might even put in my avatar and my siggy line! Gosh...friends are SO great when the "powers that be" mess things up! YEAAAA FOR THE USERS.... we vue, bryce and poser users have been FIXING the coding and work arounds and add on's for years...so there is a lot to be said for OUR ingenuity!! Pat ourselves on the back big time, for learning how to KEEP our community comfortable!

Now if the font size would stick when I go to new paragraph...and where do folks get all those really cute big smiley faces?? I will subscribe long enough for a reply..........and then un-subscribe..can't stand the STILL NOT FIXED "spam" of e mail notices....seems that should be major important...but.... ?!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.