Mon, Sep 23, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: php all over the place

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:06 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:19 PM

It seems to be everywhere that I go. I claim 1st post (I think).

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:10 PM

Yeh, ain't it COOL!? mike

Porthos ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:22 PM

Very nice!! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:27 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity, violence

Whee, there are smilies even!!!! :woot: :wub: :ohmy: :scared: :tt2: :tongue2: :tongue1: Oh!!! And a language warning too.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Tissaia ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:33 PM · edited Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:37 PM

Is it me or Community Forum just disappeared? :blink: EDIT: Nevermind it showed up again... ps. avatar test (hopefully) :tongue2:

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:36 PM

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:53 PM

html test

Realistic Eyes with Dropshadows in Photoshop
by Anton Kisiel

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/content/storage/image_library/images/fullsize/Tut_dropshadow.jpg

I love this technique because it is so easy and makes such a huge difference.

Basically all you have to do is make a copy of your image and then erase the eyes, leaving the sockets empty.

Once you have done that just add a soft but shallow drop shadow to the top layer with the missing eyes. This works great wil alot of other elements that often look flat and fake in renders.http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/content/storage/image_library/images/fullsize/Tut_dropshadow2.jpg

Here is another example of this technique. You can play with the settings to get various looks. More shadow creates softer, drowsier, and more senual looking eyes. Make the angle of the drop shadow reflects the angle of your lighting in the render.

See additional tutorial pages numbered above ^

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:14 PM

well, at least html works - but I couldn't get it to upload an image from my disk. and the smilies are groovy IMVHO :b_cool:

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:56 PM

What's wrong with PHP? It's a perfectly functional scripting language, and this board was obviously custom written. I keep seeing people say "Oh, PHP, ho hum" or whatever, but that doesn't make much sense. PHP is just the language. How the coders USE it is what matters. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

x2000 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 8:32 PM

Cool. Now they need to get to adding more smilies. 😉

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 8:34 PM

Okay, let me alter what I said previously. After mucking around on the board a bit mroe, it seems that it may, indeed, be based on other Open Source boards (or not; hard to tell from the front end), but it's extremely customized and highly adapted to this environment. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:05 PM · edited Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:06 PM

file_336873.gif

I can dig it, x. more smilies would be groovy. but why are there circled pentangles in front of all the thr4eads? :b_confused:

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 11:55 PM

They accidentally purchased a site license of Pentangle Hex Pontificus. The bad news is that everyone's firstborn will be sacrificed at the next solstice, but the good news is that people who post angry messages will be not only banned from Renderosity, but will be skinned alive and burned at the stake. Ok, so there is no good news... :tt2:

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 2:15 AM

Quote - "but it's extremely customized and highly adapted to this environment."

& missing one small but vital feature right now, the "show new messages since last visit" option. Apart from that it's looking pretty goodPostSmile!

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 3:52 AM

Quote - "They accidentally purchased a site license of Pentangle Hex Pontificus. The bad news is that everyone's firstborn will be sacrificed at the next solstice, but the good news is that people who post angry messages will be not only banned from Renderosity, but will be skinned alive and burned at the stake. Ok, so there is no good news... :tt2:"

I'm up for that sort of entertainment :m_drool:

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 4:52 AM

Oooh it's working! WEEE!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 6:22 AM · edited Wed, 05 April 2006 at 6:23 AM

this is a test...a test I need an avatar cool...it has when you joined plus the number of posts you've made...

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 7:53 AM

Quote - "this is a test...a test I need an avatar cool...it has when you joined plus the number of posts you've made..."

Yep. Of course, that probably doesn't include posts made in forums now deleted, like C&D, Virtual Tavern, OT, etc. Otherwise, my count would probably be a lot higher;) I hope this isn't the final design, because it sucks. Extremely primitive. Why can't they offer all the features PHP usually has? Simple little buttons for italics, bold, font size, font color, etc. No links by our avatars for our stores and galleries? Come on, guys, you can do better than this! And it really bugs me having everything so far to the left. How about a little space there?

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 7:57 AM

Damn, is there some way to say who you're quoting? I know a little HTML, but that's all. "div class"? Is that even HTML? WHY OH WHY can't R'osity's PHP board conform to the rest of the 'net? If they want to customize it, they could try making it BETTER than everyone else's, rather than... this. :rolleyes:

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 8:00 AM

Hmm, looks like threads stay where they are, they don't go to the top even if they have the most recent post.

rockets ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 8:27 AM

Quote - "Hmm, looks like threads stay where they are, they don't go to the top even if they have the most recent post."

Yeah, this is the part I hate the most.:crying:

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:11 AM

Actually.. I've always liked that Rosity's forums were in chronological order. BUT... The "thread read" stars NEED to work, or this is totally unusable. If you can't see which threads has new posts without marking it all as read every time, then I'd prefer new replies to bump the message to the top. a136.gif

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 1:49 PM

Well, I'm not getting post notifications either, which probably should be on by default instead of subscribing to each thread. Should have a Dark Style, Light Style (this) and Medium Style and let you choose. And yeah, no phpBB tags but HTML works fine. Should allow both and I agree with x2000... Standard phpBB features. What about an option to have chronological or standard post views that you could set in [my options]? That would keep everyone (relative term) happy.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 4:24 PM

i agree... plus I'm getting an email notification for every reply to this post...too many...

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.