Fri, Oct 4, 3:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Prop question

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 2:31 PM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 9:45 PM

file_160229.jpg

(sorry I deleted prior post, wrong picture ) I created the "choker" here with the torus object, I then parented each consecutive torus to the first, but how do I get it to stay put on her? It won't parent because it is a prop. I tried locking it, no luck. I'm trying to sneak time to work on her (she is using sgacity's Jade texture - darkened of course) because I'm swamped. Everytime I move her, she leaves the choker behind...

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

wyrwulf ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 2:33 PM

Double click on the "first" torus and parent it to her neck.

JKeller ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 2:44 PM

I would export all of those torus props as an .obj. Then when you import it back in it will be one prop and much easier to deal with.

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 6:15 PM

Ok, I tried to parent it to her neck, but it wasn't an available option. When I went to parent it the hierarchy editor didn't show "figure 1" as an option. First time that's ever happened so I thought it was because they were props or something. I ill do the export because Iwant them available again, I'd like to smart prop them. But I am very new at all this... taking baby steps. :) Thanks for the answers!

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 6:22 PM

"It won't parent because it is a prop" Uh... ya lost us there... props can indeed be parented, and with P4, can also be saved as "Smart Props" which retain parenting properties (as .hr2 hair models did back in P3). -To parent a prop (as opposed to a figure) select the prop and either right-click or go to the Objects pulldown. Choose "Change Parent" and from there it works like parenting a figure. If that was not the problem, please explain a little further.

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 6:46 PM

Nance, that is probaly the problem, I tried to do it like I do figures, so the figure I wanted to parent it to wasn't available.

-Galileo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.