Fri, Sep 27, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Help!

caranarq ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 4:48 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 8:20 AM

I was using vue5 Espirit.

Then lights get out. When eectricity returned and I restarted my PC, Vue5 ran on something like "Compatibility mode". Now when I import a model from Sketchup > Max > Vue, it just shows the bounding box of the objects. this is inconvenient since I am doing architectural renderings and can't set a path for animations.

Before the compatibility mode thing, my models imported just fine. Now they don't. Any ideas?

you're saying CG sunlight is actually based on a real thing????

caranarq ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 4:51 PM

I don't know. I'm answering myself since I have not slept 2 days a row. Am feelin dizzy, like Miss Lizzie, but not bein Miss Answer answer answer answer!!!!

Shari123 ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 5:57 PM

Eureeka! Finally a question I know something about! Compatibility mode resets all the settings to the barest basic functionality. That way you can turn them back on one at a time until you find the setting that caused the crash. In your case, it was the power, so you just have to go to options and set them back to whatever settings you had. Because of a bad graphics card, I have to work in compatibility mode so I know what you mean about the display. It's like flying blind! I hope this helps.

yggdrasil ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 3:25 AM

As Shari said, compatibility is an option Vue offers when it detects the previous session ended with a crash. To undo it, go to file -> options and click on the "Reset options to default" button.

Mark

lingrif ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:07 AM

If you've made modifications to your Options, the 'Reset options to default' sets the options back to the state they were in when the product was installed.  You will still have to 'retweak' them to get them where you want them.

www.lingriffin.com

caranarq ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 10:51 AM

file_339208.JPG

Am back!!!

I did not find the reset to default option ... Where is it? this is my Options dialog:

caranarq ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:00 AM

file_339209.JPG

the other tab with my graph card

caranarq ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:35 AM

file_339217.jpg

Now I'm thinking the problem is in the object importing, since when I do a standard primitive it is not shown in a bounding box, but the wireframe.

If anyone wishes to see the file, e-mail me.

BTW, here is a render from it. I'm studying architecture. It is my 2nd exam for "Perspectives by computer". We're using Autocad (As I have done for about five years), si I took the model into vue "just to see what happens". I also removed some objects to make VUE perform faster.

guess which one was made in vue?

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 6:01 PM

You need to enable "background draw thread "too. This will allow to Vue to draw your objects in openGL instead of bounding boxes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.