Sat, Sep 21, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: RGB To CMYK: HOW??

Kid_Fisto ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 8:51 AM · edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 5:02 PM

I've just rendered the first full-res 4200x4200 image for the calendar submission, when I noticed that TIF is standardly in RGB, not CMYK. Does anyone know how to Convert An Image to CMYK??
I've done just about everything i can think of in photoshop (i've got elements 2.0, so don't tell me stuff about CS2!) and I Can't get adobe to help me because i'm not on their "Deluxe Expert Support Group" :b_rolleyes:

Can anyone help me?

kallikru ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 12:50 PM

I guess it may depend on the version of PS you have, but try 'Image -> Mode -> CMYK color' to convert the image, if available in your version. Then save it as tiff.

Kalli

ligt ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 1:10 PM

if you want to participate for the calender, you don´t need to convert as yet. first you send them in 600*600 and if chosen you go from thereon. pannhyb noticed that there are possibilities to do so. so maybe you can ask her. good luck,

monica

peapodgrrl ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 1:31 AM

Photoshop, as Kallikru, will do the job and you can transfer it to CMYK.

However, this is important to remember: CMYK will wash your colors out, so you may have to compensate and add some saturation. I find that if I saturate about nine percent, I'll get as close as possible to the RGB version. You never really do have the same result with CMYK, because it never looks as vibrant and luminescent as RGB does. Cyan in particular looks flat, and reds tend to go orangey, so you might want to slide your reds over to the blue a little to compensate. It is one of my pet peeves about large scale printing, I think CMYK is mud next to RGB, and I cannot fathom why they don't standardize printing to RGB.

Best of luck to you :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.