Fri, Sep 20, 4:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Making jewelery

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 7:19 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:32 AM

Ok, I want to make some jewelery for poser figures......
anyone know a good tut or website that would be helpful.
I have Poser6, Bryce and 3DSMax... so a tut for making jewelery in any of those would be fine.

Thanks!!!!!!

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 8:49 AM

IMO, you should just find a basic modelling tutorial.  Most Poser jewelry is just smart-propped, so a tutorial that teaches you to model basic objects should be enough. 

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 9:37 AM

Great! ...... Do you have a link to a good tutorial??

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 10:01 AM

I'm not a Max user, alas, so I can't recommend any tutorial in particular.  Doesn't it come with some?

And it probably is Max you will want to use.  You can do some modelling in Bryce and Poser, but that's not really what they are for.  Max is made for modelling.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 1:55 PM

I want to make some jewelry too, but there are some good things out there too. Is there a certain style you're looking for? I just discovered the Jewelry Construction Kit and it allows you make your jewelry. It's a sweet little app, imho. It's for windows, but I can run it inside Virtual PC on my Mac. It's in the Renderosity store. :) bB

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 9:37 PM

awesome! whats it called.

oh and randym77, how would i make it so that when the prop is in the scene... that when the model changes position... it follows??

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 4:00 AM
randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 6:39 AM · edited Sun, 30 April 2006 at 6:40 AM

oh and randym77, how would i make it so that when the prop is in the scene... that when the model changes position... it follows??

Make it a "smart prop."  Position it as you want, parent it, then save the prop to your library.  If you save a parented prop, Poser should ask you if you want to save it as a smart prop. 

You'll have to think about which body part to parent it to.  Rings should be parented to the finger, bracelets to the arm, tiaras and earrings to the head, etc.  Necklaces may be parented to the neck or chest - experiment and see what works best.

Here's a short tutorial.  It uses Raydream, not Max, but you can follow it from the "import OBJ to Poser" point:

http://www.cocs.com/poser/props.htm

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 8:52 AM

Thank you sooo much for helping!!!!!!

I'll be in touch with you and let you know how it goes :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.