Mon, Sep 30, 1:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: error message

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 5:16 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 1:21 PM

file_340444.jpg

Anyone got any idea why I'm getting this all of a suden on some props within Poser6?

I've done 3 virus scans that have found nothing, I've deleted and redone my preferences, PMD's are off and I've done a complete uninstall and reinstall and I still get this message on some props that did work fine before.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 6:28 AM

Check for absolute paths in the files.
The drive in those paths is likely to be a CDROM or similar on your machine.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 8:22 AM

Yea my problem is that these props all worked fine before or I should say the last time I used them and I've just found some more that are doing this as well. It's behavious suggests a virus but I can't find one!!

the fault is also strange, this particular prop is a room made up of several bits, walls. floor, doors etc. and it's only the floor thta shows this error.

I tried completely removing it from the props folder and the geometries folder and the textures and then reinstalled from the original zip and still the same error on the floor prop!

I just don't get it!!

My main fear is that if it is a virus it's going to just eat away at my runtime until all my props go like this!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 11:27 AM

Seems unlikely that it would be a virus.
Check the files to see if there's a more mundane explaination.

If you'd care to say what the item is, then someone else that has the item, may be able to shed some light on what might be causing the problem.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 12:11 PM

Well this particular prop is the "floor" in the "room of secrets". It's an old prop that has worked fine for ages, I've made no changes to Poser that could have caused this!

I have also found the same problem in the DAZ environment "on another night" or something like that it's called yet the cyclorama version of it which came on the same installer works fine!

I'm really stumped as to what's causing this and why!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 1:44 PM · edited Mon, 01 May 2006 at 1:45 PM

"!!_Floor1.pp2" (which I just got from Becco_UK's site) has two absolute paths in beginning with "J:MaxonProjectsRoom Of SecretsROSecrets".

You probably fixed them when you originally installed.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 2:00 PM

Wayhay!! nruddock I could kiss you!!!!!

:woot:

I rewrote those 2 lines and it works great now, many thanx!!!

What I don't understand though is how those lines changed!!! This prop used to work so how come??

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 2:19 PM
thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 2:23 PM

ROFL, Yea I guess we should all know that Eh!!!!!

:scared:

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

bg36 ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 2:49 PM

yes, I've had the same thing happen with a couple of props myself. one of them being 'sara;s sexy hair'  I had downloaded it on another pc and it worked fine, but i put it on this new pc and i got the same message. I like poser, but I'll have to agree with english bob on that ;)

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 3:35 PM

Fortunately bought items only occasionally suffer from this problem (in direct proportion to the quality of testing / QA at the store concerned).
Freebies are much more likely to be afflicted.

The easiest way to avoid running into it is to get into the habit of unpacking to a temporary directory and doing a text search on the files for "" (check for absolute paths) and ".bum" check for files referring to BUM files (can be edited to refer to the JPG file if it's supplied).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.