Sat, Sep 21, 1:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Monthly Challenge Picks...for MAY

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 2:57 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:08 PM

You have 3 choices this time.

1 . Visual wordplay...where it's a phrase or word but you see it instead.For example,a picture of a clock in midair is 'Time flies'. 
2.   A crowd of people: groups people in the street or in the concert or...?
3.  The CD cover challenge using  the letters MAD

These were taken form the suggestions last month.
Now.....
Please everyone...
Just use this thread to vote on  1, 2 or 3
All discussions and more suggestions make it really hard to tally up the votes.
When there is too many choices the thread gets too cluttered.
K....let's get on with it.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

danob ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 4:53 AM

My choice is 1

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

willothewhisp ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 5:02 AM

2 please

tofi ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 11:28 AM

Number 1 please.

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

Simon_P ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 5:54 PM

1 . Visual wordplay

They wouldn’t have made the cane if you weren’t meant to break the rules

bentchick ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 6:37 PM

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2!!!!!! Woo woo woo woo!!!!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

short_ribs ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 6:49 PM

1 . Visual wordplay 

👍  :b_grin: :thumbupboth:

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

solrac_gi_2nd ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 8:19 PM

2.   A crowd of people: groups people in the street or in the concert or...?

Radlafx ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 10:11 PM

ok i fluked. iwas gonna post (#2) after tofi but i tho... Anyways I do choose 2 please. :thumbupboth

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

FuzzyShadows ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 10:45 PM

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 12:00 AM

Of course,lol. ;^P

A snowflake in an avalanche never feels responsible.-Voltaire

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 12:28 AM · edited Mon, 01 May 2006 at 12:30 AM

1 . Visual wordplay

Will wait a bit longer for announcement.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 12:37 AM

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

LOL.

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

short_ribs ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 1:29 AM

SWEET  :b_grin:

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

dreamerAngel ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 4:25 AM

1 Visual wordplay

willothewhisp ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 4:41 AM

Can we also have clarification of the cut-off date this time please? Yes, i know the rules are probably out there somewhere, but amongst at least 3 different sets of instructions for posting etc I couldn't find that particular nugget and I clearly got it wrong yesterday. Not right bothered (it's only a bit of fun) but I do find wasting my time a bit galling (likewise questions being ignored)

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 5:01 AM

Ok it is Number 1
Get going

willothewhisp ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 5:21 AM

and the end date/ time this month is??

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 7:13 AM

I vote for #2, crowd.   That won't be over my head. LOL>

willothewhisp ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 7:27 AM

too late Tom, the majority voted for option1.

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 6:08 PM

Yep, this time my timing was off.   Well, will try and see.

Simon_P ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 6:21 PM

I think that this will be an excellent challenge, and a challenging one.

The idea is simplistic in its complexities, and can be applied to many everyday situations, kind if like a visual catch phrase.

I also think it was a good call to keep it to a few choices; it should be easy to rotate them, just drop the chosen one and add one for next month, sometimes I think more is less, and IMO there were too many choices previously.

Maybe this was done as time was in short demand, but IMO you should keep to this format.

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 7:33 PM

actually i had no problem keeping up with the challenge voting threads in the past but then i wasn't working a day job.. so i do agree less works just fine

but not sure why when someone asks a question they are skipped over :mellow:.. my apologies to you.. can't seem to quit caring after almost 4 yrs ..LOL

willo.. i hope i answered your question in your monthly challenge thread & am 99% sure the time frame hasn't changed.. hopefully that can be added to the challenge "rules"

shoud be a good one!

Simon_P ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 8:11 PM

I had answered the question in another thread, didnt see the point in saying it twice

willothewhisp ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 8:49 PM

Actually Simon, you did, and you didn't. You said that you vaguely remembered what the end arrangemntt was. It was Cynlee who spotted that i'd boobed with the size of the thumbnail - but everything was initially submitted with several hours to go.

As I've said all along, all i wanted to know was what I'd done wrong so that I didn't waste my time on another occasion. I'm now firmly of the oppinion that I made two errors; a) trying to join in in the first place and b) asking anyone anything.

Bye

Simon_P ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 12:23 PM

Quote - Actually Simon, you did, and you didn't. You said that you vaguely remembered what the end arrangemntt was. It was Cynlee who spotted that i'd boobed with the size of the thumbnail - but everything was initially submitted with several hours to go.

As I've said all along, all i wanted to know was what I'd done wrong so that I didn't waste my time on another occasion. I'm now firmly of the oppinion that I made two errors; a) trying to join in in the first place and b) asking anyone anything.

Bye

Well I'm sorry if I wasn’t precise, the question was, when was the cut off time, and I feel that I answered that. It wasn’t vague.

To say that asking anyone anything is a bit of a sweeping statement, I and many others help as much as we can, we are only ordinary members like yourself, were not perfect and don’t get everything right.

I confess I didn’t notice the thumb size, in the past I have made a thumb the correct size for people that have got it wrong or forgotten.

As well as offering advice on here I do so on two other sites as well as working on my own site, so I am spread pretty thin, if I miss something it is just an oversight. I’m not perfect and don’t pretend to be.

If you choose not to participate because of all this, that is of course your choice, I just think it would be a shame.

I would urge you to put this down to net experience and continue to post here and in the galleries, the one failing of the internet is that text based communication lacks the fundamentals of real time conversation and sometimes things get all messed up.

Regards

Simon

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 1:05 PM

"text based communication lacks the fundamentals of real time conversation and sometimes things get all messed up"

Sad but oh so true.And people can't hear your tone of voice either,which can really get things fouled up.

Simon has said some very valid things here,and I urge you to take his advice.I think he has stated them most eloquently and with only the best of intentions.

We all try to help when we can.I know I do.

Good luck to you either way,whatever you decide.

Marlene <")

My Blog

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 2:40 PM

sure.. not a problem.. if one were to read the other threads involved.. which not everyone does.. glad that's settled.. now help me find the door before i lose my mind.. oh that's right.. i already have.. LOL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.