Sat, Oct 5, 11:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:25 am)

Subject: What are the benefits of Cararra5 Pro over Carara5?

lululee ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 10:22 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:25 AM

Can anyone tell me What are the benefits of Cararra5  Pro over Carara5?

cheerio  lululee

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 10:30 AM

Is far as I can see the benefits are few and mostly concern network rendering. This is one product where "Pro" really means "Pro". If you're not a professional studio, you probably don't need it.

lululee ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 10:42 AM

Is there a difference in the rendering quality between Cararra5 and Cararra5Pro?

cheerio  lululee

anastasis20 ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 11:07 AM

Attached Link: http://www.eovia.com/products/carrara5/carrara_pro_vs_std.asp

This is what you are after.

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 12:08 PM

The transposer plugin would have to be added to C5. About 100.00$. And you lose the wicked renderspeed and new tools. How I read it...

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 4:34 AM

What is the difference between Hexagon 2 and Carra?  I thought Hexagon was Carra?

Phantast ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 5:33 AM

This has been asked before. Hexagon is a high-end modeler with rudimentary rendering ability; Carrara is a high-end renderer with limited modeling ability. Hexagon competes with Rhino; Carara competes with Vue.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 11:17 AM

Quote - Carrara is a high-end renderer with limited modeling ability.

Uh.. I don't think eovia (or Daz) agrees with you on that one. Carrara is a modeler with a great rendering engine and some extras like landscaping tools. Hexagon is just a modeler, it can't render at all (it can do a lame impersonation of a render but...)

Hexagon has some nifty modeling tools that Carrara hasn't got, but then Carrara has some other. They compliment each other nicely :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 11:58 AM

I was wondering what the main differences were too between the Pro and standard version. Why would you still need the Poser Transposer plugin if Carrara 5 now supposedly imports Poser files (.pz3, .cr2 )? Just wondering...

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 12:42 PM

sandman, Guessing here,,, I understood transposer2 imports everything. This is standard in C5pro. C5 does not come with Transposer2 but can be appended.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 1:38 PM

when I called them last year, they said it would be slightly cheaper to buy pro, than to buy regular and all the add-ons, if one feels the need for those add-ons. but they may have been having a sale at that time, a special offer or something.

Dizzi ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 6:33 PM

Quote - Why would you still need the Poser Transposer plugin if Carrara 5 now supposedly imports Poser files (.pz3, .cr2 )?

Transposer takes the mesh as it is from Poser and imports it into Carrara. That means that all magnet settings, dynamic clothing/hair, geometry swapping, settings from remote controls (like PoseMagic, Apollos ADS dials,...) can be imported into Carrara and looks just the same as in Poser (same meshbending). And you cannot pose the Transposer imported figures in Carrara as no boning information will come through (only a solid mesh). Using Carrara's native importer won't get the stuff from above right, but you can then pose the figure in Carrara, load poses (regular, MAT, injection) etc. But not all will work correctly right now.

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 6:39 PM

Thanks Dizzi...I knew there had to be a reason!

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 6:43 PM

The reason Moderators generally hold back on opinions or don't get involved in arguments is to avoid people thinking they are biased one way or the other. I'm generally moderate on most political issues, but when I was coordinator in the Den, I was variously accused of being a bleeding-heart liberal, a "Busheep", a "fundie", I was accused of being biased both for and against Christianity, so I figure it's better to just hold back and avoid all the hassle.

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Sun, 14 May 2006 at 10:29 AM

How odd! The last posting to this thread, despite it saying it's by me, is NOT by me!! I've never been a moderator and have no idea what the post is about! Can anyone explain how someone's post can be 'mis-attributed' to a different person?? All very strange!

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 14 May 2006 at 11:04 AM

Quote - > Quote - Why would you still need the Poser Transposer plugin if Carrara 5 now supposedly imports Poser files (.pz3, .cr2 )?

Transposer takes the mesh as it is from Poser and imports it into Carrara. That means that all magnet settings, dynamic clothing/hair, geometry swapping, settings from remote controls (like PoseMagic, Apollos ADS dials,...) can be imported into Carrara and looks just the same as in Poser (same meshbending). And you cannot pose the Transposer imported figures in Carrara as no boning information will come through (only a solid mesh). Using Carrara's native importer won't get the stuff from above right, but you can then pose the figure in Carrara, load poses (regular, MAT, injection) etc. But not all will work correctly right now.

So neither solution actually works properly in getting poser content into Carerra then?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Dizzi ( ) posted Sun, 14 May 2006 at 3:14 PM

Quote - So neither solution actually works properly in getting poser content into Carerra then?

The only application that imports Poser content properly is Poser ;-) With Transposer you can open a Poser scene and keep editing it in Poser and update it in Carrara (as long as you've choosen to keep a link to the file). Keeping a link and updating will also not overwrite any shader settings you've changed in Carrara.

arcady ( ) posted Sun, 14 May 2006 at 3:43 PM

Quote - > Quote - Carrara is a high-end renderer with limited modeling ability.

Uh.. I don't think eovia (or Daz) agrees with you on that one. Carrara is a modeler with a great rendering engine

Anyone who has tried to use the vertex modeler in Carrara knows why Phantast said what she said... Outside of vertex modeling it is good, but Carrara's vertex modeler is sub-par at best. And the problem here is that most Poser focused modeling is going to need a vertex modeler.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

Tunesy ( ) posted Sun, 14 May 2006 at 5:27 PM

...the C5Pro vertex modeler has been vastly improved over previous versions.  Only glaring omission to me is symmetry.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.