Mon, Oct 21, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: down on bended knee...problem

Melvin ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 6:54 AM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 12:29 AM

file_162062.jpg

im having a problem with the poser 4 male bending knees what am i doing wrong?

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 7:07 AM

Ouch!! That looks painful! :) I couldn't tell you what is wrong, but Iwanted to say HI! (are you using limits?)

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Melvin ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 7:14 AM

whats limits? Hi Lady ..: o )

shadowcat ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 8:17 AM

I don't think that it's anything you're doing wrong, I think that is a unfixable problem with p4 dude. (can we say post render boys and girls)

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 8:28 AM

too many steroids???

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 10:02 AM

Yeah, Poser problem with joints. All you can do is post-render touchups. There was a female character,Mimi, who had the joints vastly improved, but nothing as I know for poor Dork yet.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 11:52 AM

heyas; looking good, melvin... is your site up yet? (this is for your site, right? ;) ) go to the figure menu and check 'use limits.' this is best to turn on when you start posing your figure, so you dont twist things up too bizarrely. once you turn limits on, you'll notice the lower leg does not bend up until the heel touched the buttocks, as they do in real life. this is a poser figure limitation. once you get your character scrunched down as far as you can with limits turned on, and you can't live without it bending further, turn the limits off (in the same menu), and then start bending the legs some more. yes, sadly, the knees will look bad. but that's life. :)

Kevin ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 11:59 AM

If you have the figure kneeling on the floor or (even better) some sort of resiliant pad you can hide this fairly easily without having to do post work.

JKeller ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 1:39 PM

You can fix this, sort of, by setting up sphericle falloff zones for the bend channel on the Shins.

Hope this helps.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 5:43 PM

When a real knee is xrotated, it has TWO rotation axes, not one, and the semilunar cartilages and the ligaments form a shrt extra segment put between. And the kneecap does it own thing during all this. Mext time you have leg of lamb, examine the knee joint out of it afterwards as you bend it from straight to folded double.

Melvin ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 11:56 PM

well melvin ,right hand is too small. knees need to be shorten. the one who knows.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 6:08 AM

That hand is too small.. they are roughly the size of the face. He does have a cute face, though! Once you get the knees to obey the limit, he'll be a great change from the standard dork... and we've long needed more men. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.