Thu, Sep 19, 4:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: import Poser 6 hair in Bryce

Riyad_hasan ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 3:50 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 9:07 AM

Hy guyz Im trying to import poser 6 hair/kozaburo hair in Bryce,but every time its losts its texture and opacity map.At gives some kind of solid effect rather than hairy effect.how can i fix it?

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 7:02 PM

It's too late for a detailed explanation, but you need to locate and load the transparency map and the texture in the Poser runtime->libriaries->textures folder. Or you can download Grouper which will put all the textures and mesh of an exported model into one folder. Into the root Poser folder, IIRC.

-- erlik

vladster ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 11:27 PM

Poser has a built-in function for gathering everything for export, its "collectSceneInventory.py".  It puts it in the directory of your choice

donniemc0 ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2006 at 4:27 PM

interesting....where do i find this function???

diolma ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2006 at 4:33 PM

"Or you can download Grouper which will put all the textures and mesh of an exported model into one folder. Into the root Poser folder, IIRC."

Actually, Grouper will save the resulting file wherever you point it at (at least, in Windows it can); it uses a standard "file save" dialogue (IIRC)...

Cheers,
Diolma

donniemc0 ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2006 at 5:17 PM

where then can i download grouper?

Medzinatar ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2006 at 6:29 PM

The function "collectSceneInventory.py" is in the utilities folder of your Python scripts.

The full path is :Runtime:Python:poserscripts:Utilty

There is a short tutorial on Poser to Bryce imports at http://members.dslextreme.com/users/mitzi-cg/

• Roni

diolma ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2006 at 1:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.castironflamingo.com/tutorial/grouper/index.html

You can D/L grouper at the above link..

Cheers,
Diolma

Paul Francis ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 1:07 PM

Just use Daz Studio; it does it all, almost hassle-free.  Handles transparency and specularity maps.  The latest version lets you adjust the pose too.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.