Fri, Sep 27, 6:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: WIP

caranarq ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2006 at 7:00 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 6:20 AM

I need C&C!!!!

these are two renders for a small horizontal condo I'm working in.

In the interior one, I don't like the borders oh the sun's highlights, i'd like them to be sharper, without that grainy look. Inly I don't know how to do that. Also, the material in the left wall is some kind of red tezontle stone squares very used in mexican colonial architecture (like the ones in the attached photo).

I spent a night making that procedural material but I did not like very much the results. If you wish send me your e-mail and I'll send you the procedurals so you can see how did I make them.
The ideal material for the seats could be some black leather, any idea on how to make it?

About the exterior one, say anithing you think I could do to make it better...

I can't post the images directly in the thread ... suggestions please?

you're saying CG sunlight is actually based on a real thing????

caranarq ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2006 at 7:50 PM · edited Thu, 25 May 2006 at 7:59 PM

Here are them:

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=final16zx.jpg

http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=carlos10bo.jpg

http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tezontle2jn.jpg

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 12:34 AM

Dude, those links are full of popups!
Try posting them somewhere else, then click the Insert/Edit Image button above in the toolbar and paste in the URL of the image. If you can't see the image, then it's not available from the URL.

The url you've given are actually dynamic URL's (see the ? in the middle). The Insert/Edit Image feature only works with a static URL link.

-Chipp

caranarq ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 9:59 PM

This is the interior. The texture on the left looks unreal. Also does the light, how can I make it sharper and less granulated?This is the texture I wishThis' the exterior one. I think these small flowers only grow in water ... The red tiles should be smaller, will be corrected on next post.

caranarq ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 10:09 PM

Now, can someone explain me how can I post each image one under the other? better than side by side ...

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 12:29 AM

Just hit return after you insert each image and they'll stack up as shown

caranarq ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 1:08 PM

Why nobody answers?

bruno021 ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 3:59 PM

One thing about the grain, you need to change some settings in the atmosphere editor. in the light tab, push the ambient light slider towards sunlight 60% at least, and right under it, push the ambient light from... towards sky, 60% as well. Should get rid of the unwanted grain.  Also use more AA, the render you show has soft shadows that beg for higher anti aliasing settings, but I guess it's only a preview render.

Now about your textures, you say they are procedural, and not bitmaps, right? Try different space coordinates for them, try object standard, parametric, try reducing the mat size, or doubling it. the worn red wall to me looks too bumpy. Also, you could mix it with a dull white & grey material that would simulate dirt and age, and drive the mixing proportions by a fractal function.

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 4:20 PM

If you have the texture for the outside in photo format, then just use it. Make it tileable (search GOOGLE for Photoshop and Tileable textures), and apply it Object Parametric and adjust the scale. BTW, the bump is too great on your procedural texture.

The lighting outdoors looks pretty good, but you've the plant in front is too big and there's too much saturation overall in the colors. Not sure what the wood grain is supposed to be.

Concrete walk is too bright and colorful. Think of concrete as gray with only a little blue reflected light affecting it. I like the viewpoint.

The interior shot needs you to setup the anti-aliasing better to get rid of the noise in the shadows. Search for Peggy Walters great PDF file on how to setup rendering settings. Or check out Eric Holbrook's fine page on render settings.

HTH, Chipp

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.