Tue, Oct 22, 8:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: I discovered something about Miki

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 8:43 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:26 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_343638.jpg

It seems to me as if Miki was created rotoscoping a Picture of the czech Model Aneta Keyes.There are no morphs applied to Miki.just a little bit of posing.No other Poser figure fits that exactly.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 9:09 AM

It's possible I guess.  But wouldn't that be a violation of copyright if that were the case?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

stahlratte ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 9:23 AM

HeHe...So much for  "originality" in mesh creation.

Ooh, the irony...Poserdoms first 100% AUTHENTIC Asian mesh is actually......CZECH.

Btw, this also perfectly shows that any claims of a modeller to "own" the "shape" of a mesh are pretty ridicoulus. :lol:

Stahlratte

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 9:33 AM

There are a lot of Aneta Bodytextures around.Someone should convert them to fit Miki and... -wait a headmorph is still missing.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 10:23 AM

Quote - It's possible I guess.  But wouldn't that be a violation of copyright if that were the case?

Not if the photo above was the one used.  It's a 3d.sk pic.  Their terms allow you to use the pics for modelling and texturing.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 12:19 PM

It was not my Intention to blame somebody.I just wanted to create an  Aneta Bodymorph for myself and I was very surprised to see that there is no need to.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 1:13 PM

OMG! Miki's a Body Bag of Apollo's Sister! :lol:

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 1:17 PM

they certainly got her arms wrong in several areas, but the typical way daz and e-frontier create 3D figures is from scans of actual humans. if a modeller can create an accurate 3D figure without using actual human scans as the starting point, said modeller is either a genius, or is likely copying a previous model's geometry.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 1:53 PM

Quote - they certainly got her arms wrong in several areas, but the typical way daz and e-frontier create 3D figures is from scans of actual humans. if a modeller can create an accurate 3D figure without using actual human scans as the starting point, said modeller is either a genius, or is likely copying a previous model's geometry.

Well, it's possible to do it if you use a set of artist's sketches based on a human canon.  I could do the drawings, no problem.  Modelling, however, is not something I'm much good at.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 2:01 PM

exactly, sam. there are so many small details that can be missed when not using a 3d scan, whether it be the old-style laser thing, or one of those robot arms that moves along the contours, touching the body everywhere. the fingers are particularly tedious zones, from a practical viewpoint, hence we have seen at least one case where the "modeller" copied daz hands to save time. I just think it's unfortunate in this case that Aneta has such graceful, feminine fore-arms and hands, whilst miki's proportions in that area are more similar to "pop-eye" IMVHO.

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 3:24 PM

Looks possible. Timberwolf, I've seen the Anita pics and remember she had a distintive lack of curl(Xrot) in her lower back just over her butt. A profile would show that. Also why Miki is more "tucked" from Bottom to leg than V3. And some pointy shouldeblades. Big noses, too...:^l Just seems CL would have scanned someone rather than use "eyeball" photos without any graphs or limb supports. According to a previous thread, Miki2 will be welded and would make this morph of yours a lot easier. I had to get Miki welded in Lightwave and hack it into the cr2 before I could do a decent bodymorph. Miki 1 is a collossal pita. She was never "finished". Split verts in her feet, holes in her neck, 2 UV errors and unfinished joint zone editing....All these will make you suffer when you try to re-import. Just thought I'd warn you.

jhustead ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 5:20 PM

Quote - ...there are so many small details that can be missed when not using a 3d scan, whether it be the old-style laser thing, or one of those robot arms that moves along the contours, touching the body everywhere...

Is there a website that shows how exactly those things work? I think it would be cool just to read about it or even see one in action. Also I wonder what the prices are to get an actual scan of somebody or something.

-James

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 6:10 PM

Attached Link: http://graphics.stanford.edu/papers/digmich_falletti/

. Also I wonder what the prices are to get an actual scan of somebody or something" I know the scanners are right up there. $180K + I was involved with 2 10' object scans (low res) that were rapid prototyped into foam with a die grinder running from the coordinates.. This cost $24K for both. Hate to guess what one Hi-res would cost. Lots of variables including the rep of the Co. I think the best way to do it would be to do the classic silicone body mold and correct it back in the positive plaster casting. This could stand indefinately while a hi res scan could be made. Breathing, tired arms, figiting have bad effects. I'm sure everyone will be using this tech in the near future. Especially when demand goes up.

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 9:54 AM

I have no idea as to what was the source, but if you overlay 10 women of the same build you will get the same results. This is something akin to claiming someone copied a figure based on the shape of the Human Body. Since that shape is pretty universal, making such statements is not very convincing evidence.

ratscloset
aka John

jhustead ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 6:07 PM

richardson: Thanks I appreciate it.

-James

Velshtein ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2006 at 5:37 PM

Quote - I have no idea as to what was the source, but if you overlay 10 women of the same build you will get the same results. This is something akin to claiming someone copied a figure based on the shape of the Human Body. Since that shape is pretty universal, making such statements is not very convincing evidence.

Yeah you're right. Every human body with the same build is exactly the same in every detail.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.