Tue, Oct 22, 3:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: any poses for Vicki 3 playing musical instruments?

curtskinn ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 3:00 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:59 AM

are there any poses for Vicki 3 playing musical instruments like a guitar, keyboard, or drums?

DarthJ ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 5:25 PM

Not specific for V3 but ...

This could be you what you want except for the price ...

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=555

or go to the freebie section here and search for "instruments". You'll get 2 results : "autopsy instruments " (ouch) and "country-western band poses". Maybe those could get you started.

For lots of free poses (didn't find any instruments though) try this

http://www.schlabber.org/piaa21/index.html

or this

http://www.schlabber.org/index.html

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 5:31 PM

Yes, I was going to suggest Schlabber's site. I know he has some there.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 7:24 PM

Schlabber had (last I looked) somewhere around 500 total poses..so it's always a safe bet..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Don ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 11:07 AM

file_343928.jpg

I am working on a new set for V3 and M3 that has not yet been released. Stay tuned.... Here's a preview of V3. -3Don

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 12:31 PM

Nice work, Don!!  Good coverage of contemporary, folk, and classical instrument poses.

Just a nit from a classical guitar player (if that's what that 2nd row, 2nd left pose seems to be): When playing classical guitar, the left leg is raised about 6-8" either using a foot stand or a pillow (or to whatever device the player is accustomed) and the guitar's 12th fret is usually centered on the body to allow the left hand full range of the fretboard and less strain on both arms.  This link gives some standard sitting guitar playing 'poses'.

Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

nomuse ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 12:57 PM

Oho. Very nice, Don. Any chance you'll include chord fingerings in these?

Don ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 1:01 PM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 1:15 PM

file_343932.jpg

Thanx for the tip kuroyume. Here are the poses for M3. Altho chord playing hands are in position, there will be no actual chord hands. The hands are positioned on string instruments to be posed for chords by those who know them better than I. Altho I play several instruments, I am not familiar with all strings and chords. Most all string instruments are attached to the chest for easier movement of the hands. Several percussion instrument props will be included in the set. There are 90 poses for V3 and 110 for M3 including standing, sitting, tuning, marching, and so on.

pigfish9 ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 10:10 PM

Wow, these are looking great, Don!  Will you include any instruments or tips on where to find them?  I have to agree with kuroyume about the guitar.  I haven't played mine in awhile (between carpal tunnel disorder and the ensuing surgery) but I know my arms would be really tired if I had to hold that arm position for long.  However, I played classical style on a Western acoustic and used the shoulder strap to support the weight of the gutiar so I'm not sure how an actual classical guitarist supports the body of the guitar.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 10:47 PM

pigfish9, for 'proper' classical guitar (as we'll call it) the lower waist of the guitar rests on the left leg, the bottom of the lower bout on the inside right thigh.  No straps on those (though similar folk guitars use the tie type straps).  Of course, there are many deviations from the ideal (and even some differences on the ideal). :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Don ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 11:57 PM

file_343973.jpg

Yes, there will be a users guide for finding instruments, some commercial, some free. 16 smart-props included are marching snare- and bass-drums with sticks, cymbals, fife, majorette's and conductor's batons and stand, triangle, and chimes or tubular bells with mallets. Also there will be instructions on how to smart-prop the instruments. You set the pose. Load the instrument. Smart prop it to the body part specified. Dial in the settings for the Parameter Dials. The prop snaps into place and follows all poses for that instrument. It takes less than 2 minutes to do rather than several hours posing the figure then the instrument. This set has been more than a year in the making. See the sample for the DAZ trombone.

Don ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 2:53 PM

file_344016.jpg

Here is the revised classical guitar player pose for V3 as per your suggestions.

curtskinn ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 3:18 PM

any idea for when the pose set will be posted? and where?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 3:38 PM

Perfect. :)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Don ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 3:54 PM

The poses are done. I am doing image and packaging work still. May be a week before I get it submitted to one ot the 2 more prominent stores.

Don ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 5:44 PM

Attached Link: http://poserpros.daz3d.com/store/viewitem.php?selitem=9645&start=0&selcat=0&selsub=-1

Follow the link to the Product Showcase forum. The set is now available.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.