Sat, Sep 21, 2:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Comments on the gallery page

Timbuk2 ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 1:41 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:38 PM

Hi all,

My gallery views don't have the number of comments received any more. As imperfect as it is, I use this information to get an informal feel for which of my images are more 'appealing' to the rest of the Rendo crowd. I realise it is far from total accuracy in terms of feedback. Is this happenning for everyone? Or is it a new feature?

Thanks,

Tim

twiggypeasticks ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 6:02 AM

Hi Tim

Seems there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes - check out this link http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=13050

All is supposed to get back to normal on the 14th

All the best    Judi :O)

Timbuk2 ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 6:07 AM

Thanks Judi.

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 7:50 PM

I am not sure where you will find the numbers in the future, but they will be available either on the thumbnail or on the full sized gallery image.  Not much longer now!

~Vivian

Fractals will always amaze me!

kallikru ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2006 at 6:36 PM

Seems the views/comments count under the thumb is being replaced by the pretty useless information how long time ago the pic was uploaded (the artist knows, the viewer probably doesn't care), and the more useable view/comment count is being moved to the full-scale version page of the pic.

Not exactly what I'd call a clever decision. So f.ex. if you want to see how many views your pics have gotten at some point, you have to browse each and every single pic in turn to get this trivial info... I'd say that sucks big-time... and is certainly not a feasable step towards speeding up response time of the galleries if people start doing this on any kind of scale...

Kalli

bpclarke ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2006 at 11:05 PM

While I like the Gallery Pages for the most part, the stats at the bottom are not accurate.  On the images it states has the most comments (16) and has only 7 comments.  That's the only negative observation I have on what I've seen so far.  Bunny 

kallikru ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 12:34 AM

Urgh... the picture shown when you click a thumb is not the full-sized image, but a down-sized and thus distorted image that shows a lot of jaggedness... sort of another thumb, although larger.  Only an additional click will bring up the full-sized picture without any non-intended distortion. That's a lot of clicking....

Kalli

mansco ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 11:46 AM

file_345334.gif

I found the way of seeing the number of views, comments, etc,  to our pictures, just put your mouse on the thumb without clicking it and a small window appears with all this information !

It's better than getting in our picture again. That makes us loose lots of time and this server isn't very quick....

But, I do miss something important for me, I don't receive any e-mail when people write a comment to any of my uploads or add me to their favourites, etc.  No mails at all  ;(

Maybe there is a way to fix this......

Anyway I think we have to be patient with all theses changes and hope for the best 

Regards

Elizabeth

bpclarke ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 11:49 AM

I miss the notification too.  I like that part best for receiving the comments.  Bunny

PS the stats part is already fixed.  That was fast!

kallikru ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 12:01 PM

The mouse over the thumb tip is good... that'll do. As for the missing notification - yes, I miss that too... Otherwise you randomly check your posts at random intervals...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.