Tue, Oct 22, 5:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Then...and now

wizardtim ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2006 at 8:51 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 8:08 PM

When I joined this site 2 and a half years ago, I was new to 3D art, and thought this was a cool place. But in that time I have learned that most "artists" online are self-indulgent and hateful, and this site nutures that. This site also keeps getting worse as far as performance. I stopped buying from the marketplace 18 months ago, and now this site is much slower  (I have cable internet service) than when I first joined and had dialup.  I only come here every now and then to see some of the art that's worth looking at, which seems to be getting more scarce. It's hardly worth it.  Has anyone else noticed these things?

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2006 at 10:32 PM

Quote - I only come here every now and then to see some of the art that's worth looking at, which seems to be getting more scarce. It's hardly worth it.  Has anyone else noticed these things?

I dunno.  Post a pic and I'll let you know.

wizardtim ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2006 at 10:44 PM

TerraDreamer, I'll take your reply with the sarcasim with which it was intended, which reinforces what I said.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Vex ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 12:44 AM

I dont know who's new and who's not in the galleries, but my guess is that a good 60% of the renders are people who are still in the learning stages. I don't know. But i applaud their effort in practicing. Not a day goes by that I learn something new in Poser.

Im not a commenter, and I dont expect comments and/or praise. I dont mind sifting through all the sub-par work. sometimes you find stuff thats outright comical, even if that wasn't the intention. There's gems hidden in there. But you got to realize with Renderosity being the largest poser community/marketplace, and unrestricted uploads for the most part, anything and everything that doesn't violate the ToS is going up.

I do have to admit as well, there isn't a day that goes by i don't utter some profanities against Renderosity for its painfully slow ass servers.

Lampy ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 6:41 AM

"But in that time I have learned that most "artists" online are self-indulgent and hateful" Yes I remember your xeonophobic, hateful and spiteful images. Fortunately the admins deleted them.

wizardtim ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 8:32 AM

Lampy, you amaze me. You are the king of spiteful comments to anyone you disagree with. And it's interesting that "Yes I remember your xeonophobic, hateful and spiteful images. Fortunately the admins deleted them."  I haven't posted an image in 18 months. Unless you are here under a different name, "lampy" never commented on any. And only a few of the images I ever posted were political. None of those dealt with any issue regarding foreigners, so "xenophobic" isn't possible. And those, I removed. You seem to have a memory problem, friend. But feel at home. The mods like your point of view, so you can get away with anything.

wizardtim ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 9:37 AM

vexiphne, thanks for your comments. I don't mind sifting through sub-par images to find the good ones, but with the site being so slow, it takes lots of time, and life is too busy.  I just feel this site has degraded, not improved.  I find that sad, as well as how some like to attack others, and get away with it. There is one "gallery" here that seems to be "owned" by a few regulars, and anyone who offers different views are insulted. See above.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 12:49 PM

tim, I dunno. it seems like things were alot worse in the old days (2002 and earlier). as to the galleries, the software is improving and users' skills are also improving. maybe looking for stuff one likes is better than trolling the galleries for things to scorn. my approach is that nobody's forcing me to click on the giant-boob images or the bondage stuff, so why spoil their fun?

wizardtim ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 1:16 PM

Quote - tim, I dunno. it seems like things were alot worse in the old days (2002 and earlier). as to the galleries, the software is improving and users' skills are also improving. maybe looking for stuff one likes is better than trolling the galleries for things to scorn. my approach is that nobody's forcing me to click on the giant-boob images or the bondage stuff, so why spoil their fun?

I would rather see nice, well done art, than "things to scorn". My problem is, having been interested in current events for many years, I got sucked in to the current events gallery, and made the mistake of replying to some of the anti-American, anti-Christian posts that seem to be in the majority there. I admit, I didn't have to respond, but my responses were no worse than the posts. My responses were just not in line with the people who post there. That was my "crime". Since those people are not called for their outlandish comments, many of which are TOS violations, I don't bother to go there or participate.  But since the PTB tacetly approve of their anti-American rhetoric, I choose not to contribute here any longer, either by posting my art or buying anything else.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 1:22 PM

Tim,

I won't get into this with you but I will say one last time, what you just posted about our views is not true and I'll leave it at that.   I'm sorry you continue to feel the way you do but I think you know that I have been fair and up front with you everytime there has been an issue........

wizardtim ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 1:40 PM

Stacey,

I stand corrected. You have always been fair. And I have not dealt with most of the mods here, but of the ones I have dealt with, you are in the minority. I will not bring this up again, and this will likely be my last post. I will visit from time to time, but as for being a part of this community, I feel unwelcome.  So Lampy and his buddies can run the site for all I care. They certainly control one part of it. So long.

Tim

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.