Sun, Oct 6, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Galleries are here!!!

DennisReed ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 12:56 AM

Well I finally found a way to get to My (new) Gallery, It looks like all My Favorite Artists are there, but I only see 24 of the 100's of My Favorite Images with no next page? Also I see new posts in the galleries from My Favorite Artists, yet I was not notified they had posted! Will these things be fixed?

shonsu ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 1:12 AM

I am sure its going to be confusing for a little while, that I don't have a problem with.  What I don't understand it why wasn't the links to the old gallery format updated to access the new format?

We seem to have two accounts now..  One under the old page and another under the new format, except nothing works under the old format.   To get here you have to sign in all over again.  Another question, does this now affect the url links on our websites?

...I'll just sit back on my haunches and see what happens.

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 2:01 AM

The reason you have to sign in twice is because the old side sits on the old ez format and the new side sits on Bondware3.0PHP side once the site is completely converted you will only have to sign on once.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Christel ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 2:58 AM

OMG!!! The gallery is so slow :-O Is it suppose to be that slow? or is it just temperary? I have waited 10 minutes for the gallery upload..

Christel

I want to take your hand and walk you through my dreams...

LadyLisa ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 3:21 AM

I dont care who says what trying to make people feel bad because they are bitchin about what is going on with the site....This site reallyu is not a FREE SITE........If it wasnt for us Lowly little artist that Only upload our artwork here for free there would be no reason for this so called "allmighty look what we are giving you for free site" to even be here  We have every reason to bitch........first they start working and making all these changes without telling us what was goingn on first.........took days before they finally put it on thje front page that these changes where going on.....Very frustrating to us Lowly artist that just post for free.second: Then they tell us they will be shut down on the 13th to fix the damn thing.....We lowly artist that just upload our artwork for free started getting use to the idea and went on about our business.Then today without it being fixed.......knowing that artist were here to check things out and see the changes instead of just shutting the site down for a couple of days to change things over and fix the damn thing.So they shut the site down for a few hours........then announce the new galleries are here once again.........And now the Galleries are not fixed!!!  SHUT THE DAMN SITE DOWN AND DONT OPEN UNTIL IT IS FIXED is what I say..........I think that us lowly little artist that should be so damn grateful and kiss someones butt because of this free opurtunity would respect that more then dragging us through this crap that we have been dragged through this past week........example  "its fixed,  not fixed, fixed,  not fixed, fixed, not fixed"  aggrevation.If the moderators (or anyone else) get mad about what us lowly little artist have to say after being dragged through this mess the whole week , then maby they should take a vacation or something....Noone is saying the moderators are responsible for this.I have been a lowly artist who has been a member since 2001 and I have spent ALOT of money in the store and dont feel abit quilty for bitchin about this past week.  I would have more respect for the Allmighty people that offer all this free service to us if they would have just shut the site down for a few days make the changes.....make sure it is working then open back up when it is instead of being so damn worried they are going to go miss out on the money that is made from the store and drag us through all the problems and nerve racking hours.......day after day.Bottom line is.......People at the top need to remember that Us lowly artist that  upload our artwork here for free do have a say so..........If we are not happy then we go elsewhere and dont buy anything from the store and it only makes it harder for you to pay for bandwidth and God forsake dip into the money you make off this site and put into your pockets.Just be straight with me is all I ask.........If you need to shut the site down for a couple of days to work the kinks out.....let me know.....I will have more respect then being dragged through all this nearve racking stuff..........its fixed not fixed crap.

bbratche ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 3:50 AM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 3:54 AM

Yeah free... I give my art free here for viewing pleasure... and I've spent 100s of dollars here in the store... so I think that being said!  Also now I can't even get to the galleries to view or post!

I hope it's fixed soon...  I'm afraid this will cost Renderosity some members and store dollars! BTW I did like the store redesign!

Dinhi ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 4:31 AM

Will we resume receiving emails from our fav artists list?  This was very very convenient for me and my busy schedule, my artists list contained the type of art that really turned me on inspirationally and were just a wow for me.  I love scrolling the main gallery on the weekends when time permits, I really miss the emails.

I am thrilled to see the voting buttons gone, the site is really looking nice.  I hope your back up soon!

Namaste...it's universal  [ =

PJF ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 4:53 AM

Quote - I am using PJFs CSS and these do not play well with the pop-ups.

Richard

It was fine to start with - the pop-ups were small and legible (as default). Don't know why it changed and I'd like to try and fix it, but of course the galleries are down - deeply frustrating.

Just before the site shut down last night I had fixed the 700 pixel width (image resizing) thing via CSS. Hopefully that still works and I'll be able to post the code snippet.

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 5:22 AM

I haven't seen any popups...where are they?  And where are the galleries? 

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Diandra ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 5:58 AM

I haven't been around for awhile and just seen that the galleries have been revamped.  However, I can't get into them at all.  I've tried with Firefox and IE to no avail.  Is there a particular problem today with them?  I get an error message after waiting several minutes.

Is it just me?  If so, how can I get this fixed?  Thanks

Diane :)

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:04 AM

Quote - I haven't been around for awhile and just seen that the galleries have been revamped.  However, I can't get into them at all.  I've tried with Firefox and IE to no avail.  Is there a particular problem today with them?  I get an error message after waiting several minutes.

Is it just me?  If so, how can I get this fixed?  Thanks

Diane :)

It's not you, it's Rosity. EVERYTHING is down except the forums and marketplace. They really got a mess when converting the galleries. For awhile, the entire site was very, very slow and now, most of it has just died.

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:06 AM

Yea, galleries back up and they're even FAST!!!!

...and now I see the popups, can't say that I like them though.  :-)

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:10 AM

Quote - Yea, galleries back up and they're even FAST!!!!

...and now I see the popups, can't say that I like them though.  :-)

Yep, I see the galleries are back now and I don't think we need those popups. I hope they get rid of them or at least give us the option to disable them.

Kabuki-chan ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:15 AM

Hm - like I said earlier, I really like the new design ... if it would work. I am one of this 'lower' artists who have no interest at all to dig deeper into the catfight going on in the market section. Just upload my images, check the gallery regularly for other great work and that's it. Well, I know I should keep my mouth shut (regarding the low amount of posts yaddayadda) but I have to agree with BAR-CODE. Fix one thing before you move on to another. Due to own experience I know how hard it is, I know that lots of people accessing this sites at the same time, that server maintainance is a tricky issue, but honestly - it is annoying at the moment. Ehr - and since I don't only want to bitch ... once the gallery is working again, people with CSS-knowledge could make stylesheets public for diffrent workarounds and looks ... just as a suggestion. I certainly will change some stuff in my gallery apperance and if any need is there I can share the code snippets too.

Diandra ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:22 AM

Ok - thanks for the info.  I can access the galleries now.

Diane

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:49 AM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:50 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2652220

> Quote - . once the gallery is working again, people with CSS-knowledge could make stylesheets public for diffrent workarounds and looks ... just as a suggestion. I certainly will change some stuff in my gallery apperance and if any need is there I can share the code snippets too.

Style sheets are at the link above.

Kinouk ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:58 AM

Do you have the ebots working yet? Haven't seen one in three days :(

hugz

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:43 AM

Just felt I had to chime in to say that these new pop-up messages that appear when you mouseover a thumbnail in the galleries are sooooo intrusive to the browsing expierience...yesterday (yesterday?? I think it was yesterday LOL!) when they faded in if you kept your mouse over a thumbnail for a couple seconds, they were okay...but these new ones just pop over everything...

It's like you're in an art gallery trying to quietly view the artwork, but there's someone at each picture loudly barking out a description to you. If this is what they're going to be like, I'd prefer you get rid of them completely and just put the views & comments stats back under the thumbnail like they were "pre-upgrade."

Creating the new gallery layout shouldn't be an exercise in trying to fit every possible bell-and-whistle into the design. It should be sleek and light-weight, easy to use so it enhances the viewing experience...not hinder it.

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:59 AM

I am checking on this cliff-dweller to see if we can make this an option. 

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 12:34 PM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 12:36 PM

oh, okay thanks, Stacey...

just out of curousity, is there an issue with having the views/comments stats back under the thumbnails? I know that there had been regular discussions/arguments about the Hot20, but I don't recall any big outcry against the views/comments stats in the past...

hehehe, while you're here {laughs at myself} do you know what was 227 days 8 hr ago?? I didn't either, but it was Halloween night! Can't we have the dates back under the thumbs, too...pretty please!! {drops to knees to beg} Sometimes a date really adds some context to an image and it'd be nice to know it before you open the full image. Thanks for reading this.

bbratche ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 12:43 PM

Life... there is life in the galleries... Thanks for all the hard work guys... there is hope yet... it still needs a lot of work... but I even got ebots today:)

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooo Wolfman

aka bbratche

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 12:48 PM

Yes the ebots have been fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Things will continue to improve I promise. The programmers are just covered up right now especially with the server problems we have been having in the last few days.

williamsn ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 1:09 PM

Seriously! We had server problems that WEREN'T related to the galleries! So while trying to keep the servers up and running, we were also trying to fix bugs in the galleries and figure out why ALL eBots had simply quit working (including in the Forums, etc). 30 hours in two days ... I'm exhausted. Thanks for all your patience. We are working on bringing things back into tip-top shape. N

-Nicholas

Dinhi ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 1:18 PM

Thanks for all of your hard work!  (=

Namaste...it's universal  [ =

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 1:53 PM

Good job Nicholas! I know all about servers crapping out on you just when you're in the middle of an upgrade operation. Happened to me two years back: just created a specialized upload system for ASP.NET programming assignments when the server became unreachable. Took a while to find ot that a router had decided to go whacko, didn't have time to sleep for two days.... I do not envy your position, not at all.

Thanks for the hard work!

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

bbratche ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 2:10 PM

Althought this whole issue has been rough on the members... I know it's 100 times worse on you guys... and you are very much appreciated:)

Your guys rock...

Bondware still sucks though:) LOL (I hate censorship)

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 2:18 PM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 2:19 PM

file_345408.jpg

Someone mess up? Just read these messages and then clicked the gallery link at the top of the page and I'm getting this. Tried it several times..even closing Firefox and trying again...got the same thing

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 2:24 PM

We are still resolving the major server issues that started yesterday.  Hold tight and things should smooth out really soon.

Thanks

williamsn ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 2:24 PM

We're shuffling some servers around and bringing some of the old servers over to help handle the load of the new galleries, so things will be weird for the next hour or so. N

-Nicholas

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 2:25 PM

Cross posted with you Nicholas:)

mejed ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 2:27 PM

Well I got  far at least, firs I got this page cannot be found, then the renderosity community server page (??????) , where Ihad to click on camalot.renderosity.com(orsomethingtothateffect) to get here.  Cant access any galleries....I keep getting "ERROR This URL cannot be reterived." IMHO, shut it all down, do what you have to do, then fire it up.  Ill be more than happy to wait...Just let us know beforhand.  Ok I shut up now, at least for a little while.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 3:48 PM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 3:56 PM

Stacey wrote:

Yes the ebots have been fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Can you be more specific ? which Ebots are fixed ? surely not all

I have to say instead of  0,0 % Ebots i get 5% of them now but FIXED i can't call it that...

EDIT: is it me or is the site Online/offline online/offline etc etc etc....     if there is a serious problem shut the whole thing down for 2 days and fix it ... i think that people will have more understanding for that then this on off on off etc etc....

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 3:56 PM

The favorites ebots were fixed earlier and the forum ebots just got fixed a few minute ago

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 3:58 PM

The galleries appear to be completely unaccessible at the moment.

Regarding ebots, what about the ones that notify you when someone has left a comment on your artwork?  Are they fixed too?

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 4:00 PM

Yes Giolon I am understand that as of now all ebots are working as they should.

We are still doing some load balancing on the galleries.

modus0 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 4:11 PM

While I can't check them to see, I have receive two ebots about messages posted to a new gallery image I posted, so those do work.

I'd almost suggest trying to channel Mr. Scott, but he's an engineer, not a programmer.😉

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

ericfarris ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 5:22 PM

Hi, just a question. Gallery's window is completly on the left, and no in central page, is it normal or it's a problem which will be resolved, it's really not so confortable

aartika ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 5:49 PM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 5:49 PM

The new gallery format .. hmmm ... (warning - big whinge approaching!)

Firstly some questions:

WHY WHY WHY is there a link "DELETE MY GALLERY" just above the thumbnails on my gallery page? Does this mean that in one accidental click I might delete my entire gallery, built up over several years? (For obvious reasons I haven't dared test this theory, but I have this sinking feeling that one day I might ... If I remember rightly this link has been placed in the same position that the old "return to gallery" link was ..)

Where has the link to the artist's website gone? (used to be under the thumbnails as part of the r'sity webring thing) Actually I can't find the link the webring info any more either.

Where are the next / previous image and return to gallery links? Are you really expecting people to rely on their "back" button?

Is it possible to update the links down the right hand side to how they were on the front page before (i.e. with the drop down choices etc etc - they were so much more user-friendly)

Where has the upload date on the thumbnail page gone? I don't know what date it was 9 days ago, let alone 999 ...

And my BIGGEST gripe:

Why must our artwork - carefully and painstakingly rendered, resized, sharpened etc etc by us for optimal web viewing be squashed into a space 700px wide? Whoever made the decision to do that on an ART website surely needs their heads examining! (I can forgive IKEA this faux pas, but not administrators of a site like this). I feel like my work is just being rubbished.

What is happening with the homepage? Is that still in the pipelne or has it just dissappeared?

Secondly some comments / opinions:

The css is awful - and yes, I know it can be changed, but, really, the default is truly awful, considering this is an art site. Now the images are being displayed as if they are items in the Argos catalogue and have nothing to do with art whatsoever :-(

Too many horrible bordered boxes around everything on the page - it just looks a mess.

The mouseover popups are ugly and intrusive.

The avatars beside the comments are ghastly - I know I can turn them off for my own viewing but not everyone will, and really they totally detract from the image being displayed. I find them only just tolerable in the forums, but totally pointless on the gallery comments.

The statistics are a nice addition, but look nasty where they are - a simple link to the stats would surely be better?

Sorry to be so negative about all the new stuff - but quite frankly, I am negative about it all. I appreciate that changes and updates are necessary from time to time, but not when the end result is that everything looks and feels all wrong.

Tina

aartika! fractal art by Tina Oloyede :  http://www.aartika.co.uk

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:17 PM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:17 PM

Can we please get the "Uploaded on: Date XXX Time YYYY" information put back below the images?  I realize that this info is on the little pop-up, but it makes it much harder to figure out where one left off in browsing the galleries, since the "uploaded 3 days, 5 hours, 7 minutes ago" is constantly changing and provides for a very poor fencepost in gauging what is new since you've last browsed the site.  Having to hover over images for a pop-up is cumbersome.

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:20 PM

I think we are going to reverse this as soon as the programmers get time so that the "uploaded 3 day" will be in the pop up and the actual upload date will be where that was..

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:24 PM

Holy Crap, StaceyG, that'd be AWESOME! =D  (just so you don't think I'm negative all the time I do like a lot of the new stuff!)

¤~Giolon~¤

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:45 PM

Since no one answered my questions about color reduction in my gallery images, I assume it's just my own personal problem. I don't understand it, though, I haven't changed the color profile in my moniter or any thing.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 7:01 PM

Sorry Joeanomaly, but as you can probably guess I have been extremely busy in the last few days and this thread alone being 5 pages, I have missed some things and I apologize.

Can you please contact me via Site Mail or email to give me the details of your issue and I'll look into it.

Thanks

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 7:09 PM

For the cheerfulness of your demeanor and just being there to listen - thank you Stacey!

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 7:12 PM

Quote - For the cheerfulness of your demeanor and just being there to listen - thank you Stacey!

Agreed!

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 7:16 PM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 7:18 PM

Um, any idea what happened to the 166 (largely negative) opinions posted in the front page story "The Newly Enhanced Renderosity Galleries are here!" ?? They seem to be all gone now! :blink:

I thought maybe it was due to the shifting around of the servers, but I see the opinions are still there for "Artist of the Month."

...strange

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 7:21 PM

I had to turn the opinions off as it was getting to be too much to read and keep up with. The feedback coming into my admin address so that I can be sure and not miss any questions, will be easier for us to help members having issues.  And unfortunately unless there is something I don't know (will find out tomorrow) turning off the opinions makes it where previous opinions don't show. I might have done something wrong as I don't do Front Page articles much so I'll find out from our FP expert tomorrow...

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm here for you all and will do everything I can do help make this site the best it can be along with all your and the rest of the staffs help!!!

Franceena ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 7:57 PM

once it all works i really think its gonna be cool :)  

i like the ability of checking a box to 'open images in new window' - which i always prefer ... and for those who dont just dont need to enable it ... so thats really cool this way everybody can go by the way they prefer

and i like the way 'my' favourite images ( of other artists  ) are shown - yay i can see all them pretty thumbs with no extrawork :D

and all the other little extra features are much promising i believe

so i just wait patiently that it all works without problems and i hopefully can upload an avatar then

Ascinct ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:22 AM

YAY!!!  the Galleries are working now and DAMN I must say they are fast!!! Excellent work Guys!!!

luciferino ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 3:42 AM

sorry i  not  can enter in the gallery :-(  and in the marketplace  i need change the www with market every time i need see a product .... it is a mine problem or what.????.. thanks in advice Orietta

bye bye ans kisses ^_^

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.