Thu, Sep 19, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Free stuff at XFX3d

XFX3d ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 1:09 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

From Dodger:

I've noted that some people who used to be people I've considered friends have started being assholes to me, and I really don't know what it is. I've been told I changed. I did a lot of soul-searching, and ... look ... I'm sorry, but I can't see what all I do so differently now than I did then.

But there's one thing. Now, if this is the reason, I think it's kind of sad, but hey, whatever. Right now I'm working a good job, and I don't need a heap of income. Sure, Poser income is nice, but it's not a vital necessity at the moment. So...

I've decided that for an indefinite time, any registered member at XFX3d.net is a subscriber. Thus the one thing I can see all that 'different' about me, the fact that I used to give away tonnes of free stuff and don't so much anymore...

Well, that's not the case right now.

If you were a 3-DArena member back in 2004, your username and password is the same as it was there (no I don't know what that was --- passwords are encrypted, but there's a password reset form on the site so you can get a new one). If you were ever an xfx3d.net or xfx-3d.com member, same same.

So go grab things I normally charge for -- all the subscription content -- to your heart's delight.

And no, this is not commercial. I'm giving this stuff away. I don't know how long this will last. I'll give it at least a day, I promise. Maybe a week, maybe a month... who knows. This is on a whim. I just don't like poeple who used to be friends, I thought, suddenly acting like they hate me. I know I'm not perfect. I go off on people when I think they're being shits, and tell them when I think they're wrong, and I can be arrogant sometimes about my work because I'm proud of it...

But I've ALWAYS been like that. It's not like that changed. And yes, I know there are people who never liked me. This isn't about them, either.

This is just the only think I can see as veriably different.

At the moment there was only one particular person actively subscribed. If you are that person, contact me and we'll work something out so you don't feel gypped or anything.

Anyway, yeah. Go get free stuff. http://www.xfx3d.net
Daniel the Aeon Hero is in there. So is the Draeder. So are some exclusive things. Have at it. Ransack me. Just follow the redistribution rules -- in other words, don't redistribute the stuff.

I'm the asshole. You wanna be a shit? You gotta go through ME.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 1:26 AM · edited Sun, 18 June 2006 at 1:31 AM

Quote - From Dodger:

I've noted that some people who used to be people I've considered friends have started being assholes to me, and I really don't know what it is. I've been told I changed. I did a lot of soul-searching, and ... look ... I'm sorry, but I can't see what all I do so differently now than I did then.

Everyone changes.  It's part of how we evolve and grow.  Change isn't a bad thing :)

Quote - But there's one thing. Now, if this is the reason, I think it's kind of sad, but hey, whatever. Right now I'm working a good job, and I don't need a heap of income. Sure, Poser income is nice, but it's not a vital necessity at the moment. So...

I've decided that for an indefinite time, any registered member at XFX3d.net is a subscriber. Thus the one thing I can see all that 'different' about me, the fact that I used to give away tonnes of free stuff and don't so much anymore...

If people are your friends only when you are buying them stuff or giving them stuff, then they weren't your friends to begin with.  Personally everyone could do without "friends" of that sort.

You can "buy" "friends", but they aren't true friends.  IMHO it's better to have true friends than just a bunch of people hanging around because you have something that they want.

Pick yourself up off of the floor, and hold your head high.  You and I don't know each other save for one chat, but you seem sound enough and decent enough to me.   You still have friends and you don't have to buy that friendship through giving away your store.

If you want to give free items away, do it because you want to, not because you feel obligated to or because people guilted or bullied you into doing it. 

Your store is your livlihood, regardless of whether you are sitting "sweet" financially or not.  You shouldn't give your store away.  If you want to give things away, give one or two items away, but not the whole thing :)  Just a bit of advice from me to you :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

XFX3d ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 1:38 AM

Well, I still have things in the PP store that aren't in there, so I've got a few things I guess 'held in reserve'. It's just the subscription content. I modified the code so that anyone logged in is considered subscribed.

EricJ ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:31 AM

Nice! Personally I'm waiting for some new stuff from you. I've got almost everything you've made. :)

Ages ago you showed me a wip of a lizardman, any chance that will get made? I'd also love to see a Dreader for Aiko3 (or V3 or SP but I'd prefer A3).

How about a female friend for The Aeon Dwarf?

Alric

Valerian70 ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 4:55 AM

Just to play devil's advocate for once - well if Dodger's going to play nice someone has to do it - why the hell are you giving these a**holes the satisfaction of "winning"????

I am with Acadia 100,000,000% on this - if they re bitching cos they aren't getting stuff for free then they can just go boil and wait until hell freezes over for "my" friendship. 

Generous offer and all that but it does seem a kneejerk, overly wearied action to just get them off your back - don;t tell me you are going "soft" on us :o 

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:03 AM

Seems to be an awful lot of kneejerk reactions going on in Poserdom these days!

XFX3d ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:06 AM

I look at it two ways at once. It may or may not get them off my back...

And I don't know why its just the only real big difference I can see is the lack of giving away lots of freestuff... so think of it as expirimenting. What happens if I do this sort of thing (aside from my connection slowing down, heh).

But for all the people who aren't treating me different -- err, 'specially the ones who, you know, didn't treat me bad in the first place -- you guys deserve stuff, too. Happy belated Moose Day. Think of it like a 100% off subscription content sale of indeterminate time.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:44 AM

Nice free stuff. I'll be your friend. Downloading as we speak. Love Esther PS I haven't heard anyone saying anything bad about you anyway.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

las_61 ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 6:23 AM

I have your Aeon teens and Puck . I don't know what all this is about but just  wanted to  say thank you for the free stuff.

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 8:06 AM

I have alot of your stuff. Always liked your work.

I don't understand what this is about either but Thank You very much for your generosity Dodger.
😄

~ Meow ~

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 11:31 AM

While not the best of reasons, still a generous offer.

A better reason would have been to do this volentarily as a way to give back to all the generous people who helped you out through tough times a year or so ago. Maybe you can contact them, and let them know of the freebies?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 12:18 PM

well, I may be in the 'wrong' category, but you made such good freebies. Word gets out, and the lazy figure that's all you're good for, which is unfair. I've used your Black Ray gun in a coupla pics, so I appreciate what you do. If you make more, or not, is your decision. I'm patient enough to wait either way..;)

But, as long experience has shown, one doesn't let opportunities like this slide. I've seen too many Poser sites vanish, or get new URL's, to let this go to waste.

Always appreciate the good stuff yer doin', have fun out there in the Northwest..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

jefsview ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 12:42 PM

Thank you for the tremendous gifts, Dodger! I have many of your Aeon figures and love using them, and now thanks to this posting, I have their morphs sets and many other things that I've kept my eye on but just couldn't afford (there's always too much stuff out there from everyone).

I thank you for your generosity.

-- Jeff

cliss ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 1:35 PM

Hey Dodger just live your life man  havent read all but life is to short I know its a shit those whom you called friends turn their back and bitch.

Happened to  to me about  4 years ago i started in network marketing most of the people i thought were friends shunned me thinking i would badger them into doing  or buying something they wouldnt want. I had found some years before in my other jobs with  friends you wait until they see you prosper then approach  The point is 4 years down the line they are still working giving time for money I now after speaking to hundreds of people  who some joined some left and so on, drive a nice bmw my wife drives a bmw i have land in austrailia  a house in france and 3 houses in the uk  which are rented out to students (shared houses) and guess what the so called friends are shittier than ever because i stuck with the network marketing and made it work and now i have more fun with the people ive helped than any of the so called friends i had  before

so as i said  Dodger go live your life as it is short enough and the finger to the assholes They are not your friends just aquintances whom are to lazy to try and learn to make things and if your not giving and their not taking then their bitching

sorry about the life history but it does remind me of when i started up in network marketing

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 4:13 PM

There you go! Things could be worse Doger. You could be rich with no friends like Cliss!

cliss ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 4:59 PM

not rich yet

why do i need friends when i can spend all my time in cyberland LOL

Yes I must admit i did go on a bit but dodger i think is saying that the friends that he so say thought highly of now that he is not putting out lots of freebies that they can use they are giving him the cold shoulder  i just remaked that people want everything and not prepared to go and get it  i did with a lot of people saying  what in the world do you want to do that for   now ive left those i want every thing given to me type people behind  Just saying that dodger needs his friends to be supportive to encourage and understand where hes at

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:08 PM

Hey, David and Michael are MY friends. Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:20 PM

There are quite a lot of things I tried to download last night which wouldn't download completely. I just thought it was because everyone else was downloading those things. So I tried again today and they still won't download. I get a message saying "bad server response", inlcuded are the picnic table, and M3 gutterpunk. Is anyone else having trouble. Maybe it is still too many people wanting those things. Love esther

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:23 PM

Me too Esther, I was thinking it was heavy server load.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

vilian ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:30 PM · edited Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:33 PM

Esther - I had similar problems, but cleaning up temporary internet files helped. It is still very very slow, but that's natural - so many quality things for free, who would've resist ? Me not :P

Thanks Dodger ! Friends you can buy are not your real friends, neither is such respect, true, but you've certainly earned a lot of really warm feelings from me. Thank you for your generosity, muchly appreciated ! I've downloaded  your quality free stuff such as Cerebus some time ago, and now I can play with your great commercial products too, this is awesome :-) sends e-hugs

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:37 PM

Hi, the funny thing is some things download fine. But I've tried explorer and safari and I just can't download. Okay, I have another idea. I have another computer. Love esther

Neyjour ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:43 PM

Very generous of you to offer all those wonderful products for free!  It's much appreciated!  Only, I can't join.  sob  Every time I try it keeps throwing me back to the same page where you fill in your information.  :sad:

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 6:04 PM

I think we broke the site downloading everything! LOL!

XFX3d ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 8:41 PM

There is massive server load -- well, massive network load. The server is handling things fine, but the connection is groaning -- wasn't expecting such a response L It;s like getting slashdotted!

Neyjour: has it let you through the join page yet? Not sure what would be making it not take the info at all, there've been about ten people joined today, so I know it's working in general. Of course, with this load it could be timing out some.

Until the downloading slows down, I'll be slow to reply because, well, the site is slow to you all from the load, but to me -- the whole Internet is slow. That's the same bandwith I'm connecting through B^)

Combine that with Renderosity's famed ahem super-speed and, well... I'm about to post this. I hope it goes through before it times out (I'm copying in case)

jefsview ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 9:30 PM

Thanks again, Dodger.

Yes, the connection reminds me of dial-up :) It took over a day to dl Puck after countless tries, and many, many attempts for Freak Giant-Slayer. In fact, that just finished.

Hopefully none of this hostility towards you alters the course of your new figures. I love the Aeon folks, and think, for that alone, you'll always have my respect. I'm just a fan/customer, but I hope it helps assuage your depression/funk or enui. Many folks are outspoken, and one shouldn't shirk from being true to their nature. Artistic folk tend to have hot tempers or rampant swings of mood and muse, and others should expect that :)

Whatever the case or cause, I am indebted to your generosity.

Best for the future,

Jeff

Neyjour ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 9:53 PM

Ah ha!  I tried joining using Internet Explorer (had been previously using Mozilla Firefox) and it worked!  Yippee!  Now I'm off to try and download.  Thanks again for offering all these goodies for free!  😄

Neyjour ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 10:05 PM

Err... could someone help me please?  How and where do I get to the subscription content?  😕

jefsview ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 10:09 PM

That would be in the STUFF section. 4 pages, 92 items. Could be slow :)

-- Jeff

Neyjour ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 10:11 PM

Thanks very much!  😄

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 10:25 PM

i just want to say that as far as i can tell, you're the same arrogant s.o.b. you've always been and who i've been proud to know (at least in a virtual sense).  i mean, if you stop being you, who else will point out the b.s. when it happens?   heck, i wouldn't have known about the she-freak fiasco if you had remained silent, and that would have gotten me mad and frustrated down the line. no offense to the most generous and talented pdxjim, but i liked her as a female companion to the freak, not a model who works out.  you're the one source of unbiased vitrol i know of in the poserverse.  you may not be diplomatic, but i've always seen you be fair and accurate.   that's more than i can say for most.  besides which, you have a devilish sense of humor and make interesting stuff.

your freebies did give you popularity, but because they showed a generosity of spirit (and often of fun).  give stuff away if makes you happy to do so.   people will enjoy it.   but it would be at least as nice to see you in the forums more.  you're the only person i know of who knows the inner workings of poser better than anton.

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 11:04 PM

Am I the only one who can't even access the site?

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 11:13 PM

maybe but it's a bit slow (6/18/11p.m.server time)

XFX3d ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 11:44 PM

It's like i slashdotted myself.

DarkAngelGenesis ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 12:13 AM

I do not know what slashdotted means.

Anyway, I wish to thank you for the free items!  I do not mind that things are slow and timing out.  They are free. 

XFX3d ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 12:27 AM

It means your webserver goes very very very slow until the effect wears off.

Picture what would happen to your local traffic around a gas station if that gas station started selling gas for five cents a gallon, for instance.

XFX3d ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 12:29 AM

Oh and no worries B^)

DarkAngelGenesis ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 1:40 AM

Thank you for explaining.  :)

vilian ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 3:00 AM · edited Mon, 19 June 2006 at 3:03 AM

Speed is very slow, but that's OK. The worst thing is, some downloads still won't finish properly - I'm Hiro maniac and I've tried to get non-corrupted version of Crystal Warriors something like six or seven times already. I know it kills your bandwith Dodger, but incomplete corrupted archive goes straight to the trash, nothing else to do with it :( Same with Swashbucler A3, while David's Yoroi Samurai came complete at first try (and its textures too).

Edit: got Crystal Warriors ^.^ K-meleon (Mozilla clone) managed to get whole file at first try, while IE didn't many times ^.^

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 11:39 AM

Site seems to be down right now.

Neyjour ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 11:47 AM

I tried several times to ge the Crystal Warriors as well (that's a grogeous set!), but still no luck.  Others that have been corrupted that I'm still trying to get are:

Alien X
David Slayer
Giant Slayer
Gutterpunk V3 and M3
Paladin
Temporal Portal

Back to trying again today.  I am determined!  :biggrin:

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 12:01 PM

Well, at least I know it's not just me. I hope it comes back soon.

Cheers,
Alisa

jefsview ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 12:10 PM

Well, keep trying! It took me 2 full days total of trying. And I thought it was just MY internet settings. I even re-installed my browser :) But I finally got everything that interested me. And be determined :) Sometimes it helps that after you get an error message (I received IE internal script errors, and usually after waiting 30 minutes and getting very near the end of the 10mb dl's) when it failed. But sometimes if you stay on the page and try again,(and again) it'll be successful.

But lots of goodies worth the wait. I took a break to install what I did  have. It helps to do so, since I thought I had Puck, but the dl didn't fully complete, but I had already downloaded Giantslayer for him, so I had to get the figure :)

Thanks again, Dodger!

-- Jeff

Neyjour ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 12:10 PM

I had a thought, and we would need to get Dodger's permission of course...

But what if those of us who would like to help each other out, posted a list of the files we've been able to download sucessfully.  Then we could contact each other and send those files via email.  That would cut down significantly of the amount of bandwidth that's being sucked by those of us who are trying over and over to download the ones that are corrupted.

jefsview ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 12:21 PM

Read his EULA.

That would fall under "re-distribution."

Just be patient. His offer won't last forever. Limited time only.

-- Jeff

Neyjour ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 12:24 PM

Yes, I know.  That's why I said, at the beginning of my post, that we would need his permission.

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 2:30 PM

Quote - Read his EULA.

That would fall under "re-distribution."

Just be patient. His offer won't last forever. Limited time only.

-- Jeff

I just hope that I can even access the site before the offer is gone :-(. I have been trying for the last few days, and all I get is "the connection is refused", both with Netscape and IE. I don't understand how some people are able to access it and others aren't. It's very frustrating.

Cheers,
Alisa

bjt860 ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 3:06 PM

Thank  you very much Dodger.  I finally got a couple of things I've been wanting, (but that cheapskate I'm married to wouldn't let me buy. :glare: )

darken666 ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 3:49 PM

Very cool, and many thanks.  Got what I could, finally gave up on getting the Gutterpunk sets for now, hopefully I can manage to get them some other time. :)

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 4:04 PM

Wow!

I used to be able to get into your site sometime ago. (Put my two cents in a topic and IRCC they are still there...)

Now I get bounced to a Pro-Republcan website....

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

darken666 ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 4:15 PM

Yeah, someone is redirecting the old website  Something about a fight over the domain name ownership..  http://www.xfx3d.net is the one you want to use.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 4:18 PM

I managed to get a few items, thank you :)

I wasn't able to get anything marked "freebie" as I kept getting sent to a page asking me to become a member. Yesterday I filled out the information, twice, using 2 different nicknames, and 2 different email addresses, but I never got an email so I couldn't complete the verification process and as a result I can't  "Login" because I'm told "access denied. not verified". 

Thank you for what I did get.   The M3 and V3 gutter punk,  the vintage car,  the leather sofa, the star bridge  and a couple more items.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.