Thu, Sep 19, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Where's my Aiko 19?

MzShatzie ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 7:12 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:45 PM

It's been 5 months since this product was pulled, posts go unanswered in the community forum at Poser Pros, and I am not the only one asking. Will we ever see an update so we can use this character? I am feeling ripped off, since we weren't even offered a refund and was told Blackhearted would make a new morph, since the old one stole his. Does anyone know what's going on?

Sarah

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 7:29 AM

you are feeling ripped off? imagine how i feel then :)

yes, i offered to remake it... and im sorry, it slipped my mind. ive had a dozen other things taking up my time since then. i am moving today, so youll have to wait a few days, but ill make it my first priority when i get settled in to the new place.

MzShatzie ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 7:51 AM

I understand how YOU feel, I wasn't complaining about you, just the way Poser Pros handled this. I think we should of been offered a refund, or at least a staus update! At the very least an "I don't know" reply to the posts in their forum, which no one from Admin has even commented on. I don't mind waiting as I know whatever you turn out will be amazing, I just wanted to know :-) So thanks for letting me know! Have fun moving, I am looking forward to her re-release. Irina 2 is just fantastic :-) Can I tell the other posters there you will be working on it?

Sarah

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 7:57 AM

Aiko 19?  Never heard of it.  I'll keep my eyes open

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

MzShatzie ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:07 AM

It was a charcter sold at Poser Pros by that guy who did the Supermodel Legs morphs (can't remember his name) anyway, he stole Aiko's Morphs from one of Blackherated's figures, so the product was removed, and I think (hope) that the guy dissapeared. Blackhearted generously offered to redo her, so I was checking on the status LOL, since I was going through my downloads and noticed her in there, and PP isn't responding to forum posts. Here is the post there http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48948

Sarah

coelacanthropy ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:30 AM

I'm interested to see what this Aiko19 looks like. And since it's content was stolen I guess you could not post a picture here to show us. Whatever BH makes will be sure to blow your socks off.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:34 AM

his name was umutov, and almost half his store was based on my GND - not just aiko19.

and no, its not poserpros fault at all -- it is mine. i offered to redo her for free and probably shouldnt have at the time since i was incredibly busy. jill (dtigerwoman) is going to package the thing when i am done.

ive had an aiko morph done for over a year and a half now, but they cant have that. so i have to make something that is both a significant improvement on aiko and different from my existing morph. ill take a day to remorph her when i get settled in in the new place. im going to pick up the truck in half an hour, will take me all day to load it, im driving up north tomorrow so i should be settled by the weekend hopefully.

btw - i am open to ideas on what you want her to look like.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:41 AM · edited Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:42 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Quote - I'm interested to see what this Aiko19 looks like. And since it's content was stolen I guess you could not post a picture here to show us. Whatever BH makes will be sure to blow your socks off.

it was my GND morph injected into aiko, with larger, flatter breasts. this is all i have left up of the comparisons. GND on the left, aiko19 on the right -- thats what the GND morph looks like injected into aiko.

*edited to flag for nudity, JIC.

MzShatzie ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:49 AM

I thought he had stolen more than just her from you, but wasn't sure and didn't want to get yelled at if I was wrong LOL. What a freaking moron. Now I am REALLY excited to see what you have in store for us, but don't kill yourself. I have been moving for a month now and I still am not done :-)

And thanks for diffusing my annoyance at Poser Pros. I want to love them, I really do :-)

Sarah

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 9:18 AM

Quote - It was a charcter sold at Poser Pros by that guy who did the Supermodel Legs morphs (can't remember his name) anyway, he stole Aiko's Morphs from one of Blackherated's figures, so the product was removed, and I think (hope) that the guy dissapeared. Blackhearted generously offered to redo her, so I was checking on the status LOL, since I was going through my downloads and noticed her in there, and PP isn't responding to forum posts. Here is the post there http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48948

Sarah

Ok, I'm confused. If  Aiko 19 already has Blackhearted's morphs why is he redoing them?  Wouldn't it just be easier for him to say "ok, I don't like it, but go ahead and use the character"?  Either way the figure will still have his morphs.

coelacanthropy ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 9:28 AM

Don't push yourself BH. Take your time with the new Aiko product. Or is it something only offered to buyers of the now pulled Aiko19? I'm sure I would not want to see an exact copy of the V3 GND. Your Aiko should be different. I suggest something manga/anime inspired. The female forms of Masumune Shirow come to mind.

Best of luck with the move.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 10:22 AM

Quote - Ok, I'm confused. If  Aiko 19 already has Blackhearted's morphs why is he redoing them?  Wouldn't it just be easier for him to say "ok, I don't like it, but go ahead and use the character"?  Either way the figure will still have his morphs.

erm, yeah.. im going to license my GND morphs to daz for FREE. come on, i try to do as much as i can for my customers but im not fuggin santa claus :)
GND is my best selling store item at the moment... giving it to daz for free would be insanity.

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 10:23 AM

Acadia,

As I remember the situation Blackhearted DID NOT give permission to use his morphs< to do so would muddy the waters concerning his copywrite rights. DAZ (Poser Pros) had purchased the morph from Umutov out right, it wasn't brokered, so Blackhearted offered a replacement morph to them so that those of us who purchased Aiko 19 wouldn't loose out nor would DAZ loose on the money they had spent purchasing the stolen morph. A right generous offer in my opinion... I bought the Aiko 19 morph but I'll trade it for a Blackhearted morph in a second!

Blackhearted, take your time man, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

mike

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 10:26 AM · edited Tue, 27 June 2006 at 10:28 AM

Quote - Don't push yourself BH. Take your time with the new Aiko product. Or is it something only offered to buyers of the now pulled Aiko19? I'm sure I would not want to see an exact copy of the V3 GND. Your Aiko should be different. I suggest something manga/anime inspired. The female forms of Masumune Shirow come to mind.

Best of luck with the move.

thanks!
aiko19 was different - the GND morph injected into aiko looks completely different than it did injected into V3. this is why he thought noone would notice.

Quote - DAZ (Poser Pros) had purchased the morph from Umutov out right, it wasn't brokered, so Blackhearted offered a replacement morph to them so that those of us who purchased Aiko 19 wouldn't loose out nor would DAZ loose on the money they had spent purchasing the stolen morph. A right generous offer in my opinion... I bought the Aiko 19 morph but I'll trade it for a Blackhearted morph in a second!

yeah, but im sure they didnt think i would take several months to do it. even though i am doing it for free, its still way too long a wait - sorry :(
again - my apologies to customers, daz, and poserpros for the delay. ill make something worth the wait i promise.

coelacanthropy ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 11:36 AM

Well, what I mean is just don't recreate the exact look of GND with Aiko.

I wanted GND for V3 and so I bought it at contentparadise. If I want GND's face to look like Aiko, then I'll put A3's head onto the V3-GND body. The Blackhearted Aiko should look unique, and I'm sure it will.### As Shanim had come close to the Shirow/manga look with their work on V3, and I'd love to see your interpretation. If you go that route or not, I'm sure whatever you do will look fantastic.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 12:14 PM

the aiko morph i had mentioned earlier is very shirow-ish.
the new aiko-19 wont be, since i dont want it to be the same as the morph i have already done.

you think as shanim's morph looks shirow styled? hehe, i disagree.. perhaps you will too when you see my morph.

im not sure what the new aiko19 will look like.. i have a 7 hour drive to mull it over though. just loading the truck now, and as usual, its a torrential downpour outside. its like the moment i backed the u-haul into the driveway and piled some boxes beside it it started to rain cats and dogs. every single time i remember moving it rained hard.. just my luck. so im waiting for it to let up.

why would i make it like GND though? thats precisely what i will try to avoid, i dont believe in redundancy. maybe ill make a really FAT aiko...
snicker
i dont know, ill have to look at some different styles of anime and decide what to make. i guarantee it wont be shirow-ish though :(

coelacanthropy ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 1:52 PM

No worries. Whatever you come up with, it's sure to be great. Any plans for Terai Yuki or Miki products?

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 2:11 PM

just a note - i didn't think aiko 19 looked entirely different.  what gets me is the very first moment i saw her in product showcase, i thought, "oh, a gnd 2.0 style morph for aiko.  good idea, i bet it will sell well."    when the fracas started i internally smacked myself for not just pm'ing you.   i just assumed someone with more talent than i managed to duplicate your style, and as i've seen lots of artwork (from comics, mostly) with that body type, i didn't think anything of it.  duh.   i won't be making that mistake next time.

well, since aiko and miki are my favorite figures, i look forward to what you'll create for the former, and hope that you see fit to make something for the latter.  i hope your move goes well.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 3:17 PM

unfortunately i can guarantee now that i wont be making anything for miki. i wont make the mistake again of creating a morph for a $40 product -- ill only work on a figure if it is free, dirt cheap or super-mainstream such as, perhaps, vicky4.
if i wanted to do an asian character like/for miki, id probably just morph the whole thing out of V3 and save the customer $40 or however much she costs. as for terai yuki - i dont even know what that is (sounds like a tofu dish), so again, unfortunately no :(

Quote - i just assumed someone with more talent than i managed to duplicate your style

seems like a lot of people are trying to do that lately. what they dont seem to understand is that GND is selling well because she is different. making a GND clone now as several merchants have tried in the marketplace -- whether they arrive at it by just looking at GND or whether its a bodybag -- wont sell nearly as well because its already been done.  if they had some sense they would be devoting that energy towards making a body morph equally unique -- and that would sell much better than a knockoff.

btw if anyone is wondering why i am in here and not packing the van, its because it is pouring rain AGAIN, so i have to wait for clear breaks.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 3:51 PM

Blackhearted a shirow-ish Aiko is exactly what I've been waiting for about as long as you've said you've had her waiting to be finished. I think Shirow fans have a mental link to each other. LOL!

Heh I have all Shirows books so it wouldn't be complete without a Aiko made to fit that look. :woot:

:b_grin:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 4:21 PM

I never saw aiko 19, but I've heard umutov's name mentioned several times. I would also like to see a legal version of aiko 19 or similar.

coelacanthropy ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 5:09 PM

Quote - as for terai yuki - i dont even know what that is (sounds like a tofu dish), so again, unfortunately no :(

Dude, yer killin' me. :-/

TY2 users, it looks like billy-t and BATLAB are still the only vendors willing to give support for her.

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 6:43 PM

Coelacanthropy,

Just wait!

'nuff said

mike

coelacanthropy ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 7:07 PM

Well now you have my attention! Can't wait to see what you have in the wings.

BTW, I neglected to mention nekoja, Posermatic and Mask-da. They all also have excellent TY2 products.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 7:17 PM

Quote - seems like a lot of people are trying to do that lately.

Tell you what, Gabriel, I am definitely trying to emulate your makeup techniques.  I would rather stick needles in my eyes than steal from a fellow merchant but I can't deny that your makeups are the best and I am trying to learn from them.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 10:35 PM

Quote -
erm, yeah.. im going to license my GND morphs to daz for FREE. come on, i try to do as much as i can for my customers but im not fuggin santa claus :)
GND is my best selling store item at the moment... giving it to daz for free would be insanity.

Hmmm, no need to be sarcastic. I asked an honest question.  I've never heard of Aiko 19, so it stands to reason I don't know the history behind it.  I haven't seen the item for sale, so I thought you were reworking the morphs for those who had the character already. I didn't know Daz was involved and that it was going to be resold again once you redid the morphs.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 11:00 PM

not being sarcastic at all.
come on, you were around and quite active during the umutov thing. i worked really hard on GND... now i offered id redo the aiko19 morph for daz, but give them my 'flagship' product at the moment? that would be cutting my own throat. i nearly fell out of my chair when you suggested it :)

Quote - Tell you what, Gabriel, I am definitely trying to emulate your makeup techniques.  I would rather stick needles in my eyes than steal from a fellow merchant but I can't deny that your makeups are the best and I am trying to learn from them.

as a guy i feel kindof wierd hearing that :)

well, im done loading the van. now sleep, blessed sleep (albeit in a sleeping bag on the floor). you know youre a hopeless geek when the last thing you pack and first thing you unpack is your computer :)
see you folks in a few days.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 11:20 PM · edited Tue, 27 June 2006 at 11:23 PM

Quote - not being sarcastic at all.
come on, you were around and quite active during the umutov thing. i worked really hard on GND... now i offered id redo the aiko19 morph for daz, but give them my 'flagship' product at the moment? that would be cutting my own throat. i nearly fell out of my chair when you suggested it :)

Yes, I was around during the umutov scandal. However,  I didn't have my nose buried in the thread and didn't read all of the posts either, and therefore had no idea what morphs of yours were taken, or what characters were in question. And as I said before I've never heard of Aiko 19, and if I saw the name, I don't remember having done so.

As for my having suggested you give away your "flagship" product, I did no such thing. As I said before I had no idea what morphs of yours were taken or for what characters.

I saw in this thread that AIko19 apparently had your morphs.  You said that you were going to redo the morphs for AIko19.   It seemed  strange to me for you to redo the figure with morphs, when the figure already had morphs done by you.

Now that someone else in this thread took the time to explain the situation, I understand.  Too bad you opted to take the sarcastic route and put words where there were none, instead of explaining it to me yourself.

EDIT: Hope your move is uneventful.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 10:48 AM

Blackhearted I wasn't aware of this fiasco at all, but I have your Irina and GND morphs and I adore them both.

So if I hear you right, and you are making a morph set for Aiko, then I think I'll get my sleeping bag and live ouside your store until she's ready. lol 8)

Catlin

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 4:51 PM · edited Wed, 28 June 2006 at 4:55 PM

mylemonblue said "Blackhearted a shirow-ish Aiko is exactly what I've been waiting for about as long as you've said you've had her waiting to be finished. I think Shirow fans have a mental link to each other. LOL!".

Well Blackhearted, I'm in full agreement with that suggestion. Like mylemonblue I'm a major Shirow fan (got all the Appleseeds, Ghost In The Shell, Black Magic M66 etc.) & I'd really love aiko to have that sort look.

I guess all us shirow fans really are mentally liked.

Doc000 ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 12:54 PM

As an owner of the original Aiko 19, I'm just curious if there's any news about the update.  Playing the waiting game on this is starting to wear a little thin.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 12:32 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_349322.jpg

all done.. i have to wait until i see Jill from poserpros online and ill send it to her, shes going to do all the repackaging. this is just with the daz aiko textures, which suit her better IMO since she is an anime character. i assume the final thing will be packaged with umutov's textures which (afaik) arent stolen from anyone.

cheers,
-gabriel

linkdink ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 1:33 AM

She looks sa-weet!

Gallery

Sydney_Andrews ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 1:33 AM

I love Aiko, and from the looks of this, please put me on a notification list for when it is released. Hell, I just might go ahead and learn how to use all this 3d stuff I have so i can make clothes :) Regards, E.

coelacanthropy ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 4:53 AM

Is it only available for people who bought the pirated version? Or can new users buy this legitimate product?

And does it work with Aiko full or just AikoLE?

MzShatzie ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 6:54 AM

OH MY GOD. She is wonderful! You are so generous to fix what that *(#$%@ stole :-) thank you! I can't wait!

Sarah

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 7:01 AM

Quote - Is it only available for people who bought the pirated version? Or can new users buy this legitimate product?

And does it work with Aiko full or just AikoLE?

i have no clue what daz is going to do with it. i assume its going to go up in the poserpros store and existing aiko19 buyers will be able to download it as an update, and new people will be able to purchase her. i wont see a penny of it - i volunteered to remake it when it was pulled because of umutov's infringement.

as for aiko full of aiko LE, no clue again... its an INJ morph at the moment... but if daz wanted they could distribute a CR2, since the original is their CR2 after all. this is my first time working with aiko so perhaps someone else can clarify this.

coelacanthropy ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 7:22 AM · edited Fri, 28 July 2006 at 7:23 AM

Well if they sell it to new buyers you should get something for it, yes? I for one plan to buy it.

MzShatzie ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 7:31 AM

That seems extremely unfair for you to get nothing, even for the new sales? Did Umatov (or whatever) get to keep all the money he made off of your work? I think you should be compensated for what you have been so generous to fix for them, since technically they let a stolen item be sold in the store (I know people, don't yell at me, testers aren't perfect, etc. etc.) I think you should get SOMETHING. What you do is not easy. I will be very annoyed if they don't find SOME way to compensate you. I feel bad for bringing the whole thing up in the first place LOL. Next paycheck I'm gonna break down and buy Irina 2!

Sarah

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 8:05 AM

well, i got a copy of aiko out of the deal so its not a total loss, heh. i needed a copy of her to make the morph.

as far as i know, umutov kept all of the money daz gave him. this is a daz original so they gave him a one-shot payment for it and now daz owns the rights to the whole thing. its a shame that both PP and rosity didnt go after him for refund monies owed beyond what could be deducted from his last paycheck.

i whipped up some quick undies because i couldnt resist making something for her hip shape, its fun to model for. since ill probably forget later, heres the UV map for the it in case anyone wants to make their own tex. im not going to make one - its anime, they look fine plain white :)

Doc000 ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 8:13 AM

That's very cool.  I can't wait to use her.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 9:28 AM

just an update...
no response from jill yet, havent seen her online for a few days now.. she is probably on vacation. shes going to be doing the packaging of the thing with the legal part of umutov's content.

guarie ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 5:47 PM

Aiko19 v2.0 is now up. I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank Gabe for all his hard work in helping us get her back in the Store. She looks absolutely awesome!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.