Tue, Oct 22, 3:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Renderosity & IE

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 6:20 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:06 AM

This site keeps locking up IE.

I have changed nothing recently on my system, but since all the updates to this site, if I spend a while here browsing the forums or the galleries - IE usually ends up locking up on me.

It happens no where else but at this site.

Any ideas what is causing this?

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 7:16 PM

Hi Anniebel, I use IE only and have not had any lockups and I'm all over the site all day long.

Sounds like a local problem of some sort.

If I come up with some ideas I'll pass them along.

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:00 PM

It does it to my IE also. I haven't had the problem since I switched to Firefox. Not suggesting you have to do that. Just informing that you're not the only one having the problem with IE.

Janet

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:02 PM

Hmm like Clint I use IE only as well and I haven't had any issues??? Strange

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:04 PM

Hmmm...What operating systems are you both running.

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:09 PM

Aw man...do I have to say?  rofl

That ancient OS known as 98ME.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:43 PM

file_346834.gif

I use IE only also. Non-Problematic.

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Ravyns ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 10:15 PM

Don't be embarrassed Unicornst. I'm using an OS even older then yours.  Windows 98. I just put any problem I've had with locking up down to an old & cranky pc..

Very cute image hawkfyr..

:b_funny:

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

Doc000 ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 9:07 AM

I use IE on a 98 machine to browse the internet, and I've experienced the lock-up problem as well since the conversion.  It happens at least 2 or 3 times a day, and I have to manually shut the program down via the taskmanager.  In addition, anytime I open a second broswer window (or have one openend via a link, like from my mail program) for Renderosity, that second instance of IE doesn't close properly and once again I have to manually shut it down.  But this problem is worse because it will eventually cause my whole system to lock and force a reboot.

I don't have this problem with other websites, and it started THE SAME DAY the galleries got converted. You guys can push this back on the end users all you want, but there's definitely something that got screwed up during the conversion.  Almost 2 years of browsing Renderosity on the same machine with the same software without a single glitch, and then suddenly you guys switch software and the lockups begin.  I might tend to believe the "It must your computer" excuse if it happened to other websites, but it doesn't. 

I know 98 is old and not really supported anymore...I only use it to surf the web.  If the new software doesn't play nice with 98, at least tell us so we'll know.

pizazz ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 10:07 AM

I started locking up yesterday.  Noticed what seemed to be causing it.  The two buttons under Debbie M's signature  - SONGRAMP and BONDWARE were not loading.  Just sitting there with black rimmed rectangesl.  Found some old messages that they loaded on.

pizazz ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 10:12 AM

file_346885.jpg

Just went to the VENDORS forum where Debbie posts the most  Tried to open a post that she was the last poster on.

This is what I got.

Doc000 ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 12:38 PM

Yep...I started getting that the other day.  I noticed that everytime I tried to look at one particular topic, I would get that error.  I went down the forum list and tried every other topic in turn...no error.  I then tried to go back to that topic...error box popped back up.  I figured it was someone's signature or avatar, so I went and turned them off...turned off everything I possible could.  So far, that particular error message hasn't come back, but the other hard lock issues still remain.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 12:59 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_346888.jpg

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

pearce ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 4:12 PM · edited Fri, 30 June 2006 at 4:13 PM

Well I'm still scratching along with 98SE + Firefox and everything's hunkydory (except for the sometimes 20sec wait for pages to load).

Tom your pics crack me up -- don't ever stop posting `em. Too little humour on this site since the damn Tavern shut up shop :(

Anniebel ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 5:05 PM · edited Fri, 30 June 2006 at 5:09 PM

Quote - it started THE SAME DAY the galleries got converted.

Yes thats around about when I noticed it, yet I visit the forums & the marketplace more than the galleries. It seems to lockup in the forums the most.

Quote - I started locking up yesterday.  Noticed what seemed to be causing it.  The two buttons under Debbie M's signature  - SONGRAMP and BONDWARE were not loading.  Just sitting there with black rimmed rectangesl.  Found some old messages that they loaded on.

Yes I found this as well, also the ones under Clints name.

I am running Windows XP

Thanks

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 3:33 PM

Hmmm -- notably dismissed and ignored...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Anniebel ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 5:37 PM

I forgot about it as well, because it seems to have stopped, or at least hasn't happened in the last few days - so maybe they fixed it.

Helen Keller

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.