Sat, Sep 21, 9:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Making Gradients

XoxoTree ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 5:20 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:41 AM

I still call myself new to this and learn more and more each time I work. I'm making gradients and this may sound like a stupid question...go ahead and laugh but this is bothering me. Does putting certain colors next to each other worse than others? While working with a lot of diffrent colors would it benefit putting certain colors by one another?  Hmmm. I think I'm making it  more confusing to myself. Are there certain rules to follow? Your help is greatly appreciated.

"One Oneness One"

tdierikx ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 5:55 PM

I would say that it comes down to a personal preference - and what seems to "fit" for a particular image... what may seem great for one may seem horrid for another.

T.

Who? Me?

Deagol ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 10:11 PM

Attached Link: COLOR THEORY

For what it's worth, see the link

XoxoTree ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2006 at 4:41 AM

Thank you. I recall learning some of this in high school. i need a refresher coruse.

"One Oneness One"

Timbuk2 ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2006 at 9:48 PM · edited Fri, 04 August 2006 at 9:48 PM

One thing to keep in mind is that, especially when the colors are 'far apart' and there is a gradual change from one to another, all the in-between colors will be shown too. And this might not be what you want.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.