Tue, Sep 24, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 6:31 am)

Subject: morphs not working

ruana ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 5:13 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:20 AM

hi there!

maybe some one knows what is going on here.......

when i have more than one figure in my scene and i want to apply body morphs to the second figure they dont work!! i have no idea why! its fine with one figure but as soon as a second one comes in it goes to hell!!!!

does anyone know why this is happening?

thanks!

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 5:39 AM

Have you verified that the morphs that you want to add to the figure are compatible with the figure itself?  If yes, then try renaming the figure in the scene.  Sometimes Poser becomes confused when the figures are named 'Figure 1,' 'Figure 2,' etc.  Chose the figure in the drop down figure menu, and then chose 'body' in the drop down body parts menu.  From the toolbar, choose 'Object,' and then 'Properties.'  In the dialogue box, where it says 'Figure...,' type a new name (Call the figure Mike, or Joe, or even Erasmus, if you want to be exotic.  If you want to be exotic with a female figure, you can call it Yochevet, after the mother of Moses).  The principle here is to give Poser something more than just a sigle didgital number by which to distinguish the different figures.
This may solve your problem, or it may not; but at least it's a new meathod to try.
Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 8:02 AM

I'm guessing this is related to a millenium figure, i.e. one of the DAZ ones. There is some quirk with them that doesn't allow this, can't remember why although I had though P6 had got around it.

The best way around it is to bring in 1 figure, morph it and save it back to your library under another name with all the morphs, do that as many times as you like then bring them into your scene as you like!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

ruana ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 8:23 AM

this might be a dumb question but how do i save a figure to the library????:blushing:

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 8:28 AM

Not a dumb question at all, we were all new once [lol].

Preferably just have your morphed figure in the scene on it's own.

Go to the top level of your Character or figure library pallete and with your morphed figure selected, click on the little [+] sign in the bottom corner of your library pallette.

You'll get a couple of questions about morph data or some other stuff, can't remember which, usually just say "yes" and the whole figure will be saved to your library to be used as much as you want.

I usually do this when I'm working on a series of images featuring the same character, like a story you know!

Hope that helps, need any more help just shout!!  [IM if you want!].

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

ruana ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 8:32 AM

oooooohhhh wait i did that by accident the other night and wasnt sure!

thanks alot! ill try that!

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 9:04 AM

Make sure that you have chosen the figure's 'Hip' before you click on the + sign, otherwise you might end up saviing an empty figure (one not pathed in the Cr2 to any figure's geometry). 
An example, if you've chosen a figure, but then played with your light settings before saving, it'll be your light settings that your saving as a figure, rather than the figure itself.
Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

Morgano ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 4:02 PM

This isn't fixed in P6, because I saw it recently.   I saved the existing file and set up the second figure in a new file and imported from that into the first file.

ruana ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 3:42 AM

if i try and save the figure to my library it looks like it does it, it ask me a bunch of question and stuff but when i try and load that again it looks like it only saved the morph data and not the whole figure......

i cant load what i saved, it inject it into whatever figure i have open.

am i doing something wrong????

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 4:00 AM

Did you click opn the 'Hip' before saving?  If not, then see my post above.  THAT is the answer to your question.
David P. Hoadley

ruana ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 4:05 AM

Quote - Did you click opn the 'Hip' before saving?  If not, then see my post above.  THAT is the answer to your question.
David P. Hoadley

yes i did, i remembered you said that so i made sure i did it.

ill have a go at it again when i have a chance but i dont hink that was the problem.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 4:07 AM

Anothrer thought, which check mark are you clicking on when you go to load your second figure, the single or the double?  If you click on the single, it replaces your existing figure with a new one, if the double, it adds an additional figure to your scene.
David P. Hoadley

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 4:22 AM

Which library did you save it in?

If you saved in your pose folder it will only save the morph data, you need to save the complete figure with morphs in the "character" or "figures" library.

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

ruana ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 5:21 AM

ah ha!!!

i think that is what i have done!!! i did save it in my pose library!
ill give it a try again!!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 6:21 AM

Behold my dear Watson, we are finally getting to the bottom of it.

ruana ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 3:25 AM

hi

thanks for all the help!!! i got it working! it was the saving to the pose library that was the problem, at least i know how to save a morph to the library now too!

thanks!

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 3:30 AM

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 4:47 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.