Thu, Sep 19, 9:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: **~~Last Week in the Galleries~~**

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 6:35 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:31 PM

Attached Link: http://backroom.renderosity.com/~photo/newweb/last_week_in_galleries/lwig_jul17-23-06.html

The feature is up and running again after a short absence. Thanks to the many requests for wanting to see this again. Summer has been busy, so lack of time is the culprit.

Enjoy the selections,and keep watching the regular galleries.
Last Week in the Galleries

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 7:18 PM

Danob, Douglas

It is a very good idea of keeping on doing the LWIG because I believe to all the people give fortitude in his work. I like much the design of this presentation and the selection of the artists is very good!!! :thumbupboth:

thanks you very much Danob and Douglas for this fabulous selection of this new edition LWIG and it is an honor for me of being in this one...

Congrats at all people for this sublim gallery in this photography section 😄

Hugs and kiss

HeadlessBill ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 7:30 PM

I'm glad this is back. I'm surprised at how many times I've overlooked the phenomenal images presented in LWIG. I'm honored one of mine is included this week. Or, would that be last week?

girsempa ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 7:38 PM

I'm discovering some fabulous images again that I missed last week. Thanks! I know some people will be very happy and honored to be included, and encouraged in their efforts... I know I am! ;-))

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 8:33 PM

This was my first time helping to choose the images..It was an adventure..
I was surprised at the how many great images had so few views  and comments..

Then again...there are Sooo many talented folks here..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 10:21 PM

pushinfaders, you said, "I was surprised at the how many great images had so few views  and comments.."   Ahh.. so true!   Comments are easy with certain image types, as you well know. I suppose all in all, folks here are people, too, reflecting personal likes an attractions. I am not just talking the nudes but  animals, flowers, neat macros...all the stuff that seems to garner the most comment.   That is not a criticism, only an observation on human nature to be drawn to something more personal to each person.

So much for my philosophic ramblings...lets just say, thanks for a really neat selection! That is what counts here and not comments on each image. Sure, this is the selection of you and the others responsible for that and it is appreciated.   I am not there, not often there, maybe once as I recall and that was an honor.   All is appreciated as a door to viewing the work I have likely missed surfing the photo gallery...and an intro to artists I have not known before.  Thanks. 

I hope you enjoyed the experience!           TomDart.

NicoleFaber ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 12:09 AM

Thanks for adding me to the collection! It's such a privilege...

Kirk_1962 ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 2:16 AM

thanks doug!! ...and thanks to all too.. have a nice day !! :)

slawa ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 2:48 AM

;D thank you for adding my image! its a true pleasure to be here at Renderosity.

have a good day all!

xx

sharky_ ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 4:51 AM

Thank you for including me in LWITG and congrats to everyone there.  Aloha

Loloe ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 6:02 AM

Hello,
I'm glad LWITG is back!  And thanks a lot for addding my image here, I'm honoured to be in this great selection!!!
Have a nice week every body!

temesvar ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 6:36 AM

Thank you for including me in LWTG. Have a nice day everybody!

Lfnotter ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 7:46 AM

Wow, this is an unexpected honor!  Thank you very much.  :-)

rainbows ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 8:26 AM

Thank you to all at RR for including my image in this gallery. I am honoured and so happy. A truly amazing section of photographs once again. Hugs to all. Diane.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 9:27 AM

Superb photographs! Congrats to everyone represented -- great work!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

tofi ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 10:41 AM

What a wonderful surprise!  It is very nice gift. Thank You MODs for your time and kindness, and congratulations to all other artists for the magnificent work you have shared with us.

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

FuzzyYak ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 11:03 AM

Awesome! Thank you SO much guys! What an honor!

If all else fails... influence with hammer
johannmarx.com | deviantART | renderosity

Onslow ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 11:26 AM

A nice selection from the many fine images posted this week

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

vlaaitje ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 12:03 PM

again a super gorgeous framing.....always a surprise how it will look....and thanks that I am in there too.....with a lot good artist....excellent images again....

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

GiMi53 ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 2:48 PM

Yeah, the LwitG is back… I’m delighted !

As before I visited all the pictures that I missed in the previous week… and I found a bunch of promising artists. .. and as always when I open a picture, I left a comment !

As I now (finally) have the possibility to connect in the evening I did a more detailed analysis of this selection :

Among the 30 images (before it was 40…! ) selected between ~850 uploads in one week, I was very happy to find 20 that really deserved to be in this list : before July 25,they each got… less than 40 views and less than… 5 comments ! For sure they all really deserve a visit AND a comment !

But I also noticed 10 images that already received each more than 60 views and more than 20 comments…

What is the meaning to include such images from already well_known artists (members of the gang ?) in this list ? To receive another hypocrit “I_feel_so_honored…” comment in the Forum ?

Why selecting an image that already received more than 150 views and 66 comments ?!!!

Can you tell me why YOU did you not write a comment under for example mnof’s or FuzzyYak’s excellent uploads ?

Understand me well…

I really want to improve this community (we have lost the best artists, exhausted by so much hypocrisy…)…

I want more interactions between the artists…

this is a community, not a juxtaposition of individual galleries…!!

As some of you may have noticed, and because there was no LwitG anymore, I started this month to nominate my own favorite image among the ~120 pictures uploaded the day before in the Photo gallery… So, I included every day a thumb from another artist in my comments…

But sadly, I don’t think that one of the 24 artists selected sofar received one more comment…

So, I’m driven to despair…

Is the only rule “I comment your picture because you commented mine” or “because you are my friend” ?

Personnally, I’m the most happy when I see a comment from someone I don’t know or when I receive a criticism, or when someone gives me an advice to improve…

With this long answer to the LwitG thread I really don’t want to hurt someone…

I repeat I just want to improve this community…

And I take the opportunity to thank you all for your friendship, especially those writing straight & constructive comments under my uploads !

Hugs & kisses

:~)

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

Damia ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 3:24 PM

I missed this when it was gone. I appreciate being included in it this time. :biggrin:

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

bentchick ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 7:10 PM

Glad to see it's finally back!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats everyone!!!!! And a big thanks to the mods for taking the time out of their busy summer schedules..... it's always appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

nongo ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 12:49 AM

I think I hear a violin???? Do we have sound on RR???? Cause I think I'm picking it up????

Oh, maybe it's my new filling...  weird...

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 3:16 AM · edited Wed, 26 July 2006 at 3:17 AM

Try not to take ths feature so seriously Michel, Honest it is just a  selection of ours we feel are worth a view.
Nothing more.
I also go inform the members after I  finsish this feature, and if for some reason there  is a problem with the image and I need to change it, I notice you have been there an put the inform comment and link.
You can leave this up to the mods and coords.
Have  now worries it is a fun feature only

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Onslow ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 11:12 AM · edited Wed, 26 July 2006 at 11:14 AM

Michel I don't play by the rules - if I comment it is because I want to. Recently my commenting has dropped off due entirely to the weather, but it will resume again when I feel more comfortable sitting in front of a pc in the evening.   My comments are mostly not critiques, but a simple nice image etc etc  anyone can be sure though, if I have left a comment it is because I meant it. If anyone wants more from my comments I have always been more than happy to give a more in depth opinion, if asked, but quite simply it is not possible to do that for all the images I view.

I have followed links from your images, probably leaving comments as I go.  I applaud your community spirit.

I applaud the community spirit of everyone here who wants to build this community into a pleasant, supportive place where anyone can enjoy posting images whatever their motives for posting those images are. 

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 1:12 PM

Hi **GiMi53,

Thanks for your comments. I believe right now we are doing 30 picks, because there are three of us...10 for each of us to do.  That seems like a decent amount to me.

For myself...I choose images I liked..I did try to look for ones that may have been "overlooked" so to speak.  I'm still consider myself to be new to this forum in many ways. So, I'm learning as I go.

I really do appreciate your comments and concerns. Especially about building the community.
There was a lot of "stuff" that went down here before I came on board. As far as I'm concerned..the past is the past. It's more important now to work together to build on the excellent foundation that was in place.

If anyone has suggestions or idea...feel free to present them in the forum, or by contacting any of the three of us.(.Doug, Danny or myself)

www.bclaytonphoto.com

GiMi53 ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 2:06 PM

Now that you say that ("10 for each of us")...

The first series of ten contains a least 7 images from "veterans" that really don't need to be selected in LWitG... (although I agree they are excellent !)

The second series of 10 (from PeepingTom's picture to the one from Chadms) is the PERFECT illustration of what LWitG should be (in my opinion) : ten excellent images that really deserve more viewers ! BRAVO for this selection !

And the third series of 10 is quite balanced... a good mixture of work from experimented photographers and promising shots from newbies...

I have a very clear idea about which coordinator did which series...

I'm pretty sure I'm right...

(and of course, I know that you are gonna say it's not true and that pictures have been uploaded randomly in the superb frame...)

You ask for  suggestion ? OK, I suggest not to include in the LWitG selection  pictures that already got more than 50 viewers at the end of the week...

What do you think ?

Thanks anyway for your nice contribution to the Forum, dear pushinfaders (sorry, I don't know/remember your first name)... I feel a "refreshing wind" ("un vent nouveau") in this community after your arrival...

:~)

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 2:58 PM

What do I think?

Ha Ha....

I don't want to re-invent the wheel...........LOL

On the archive page it says:

"a feature which allows us to let others view images we believe deserve a look or second look. There is no particular order in ranking as they are picked from beginning to end of week. a feature which allows us to let others view images we believe deserve a look or second look. There is no particular order in ranking as they are picked from beginning to end of week. "

Thats a good framework to use for the selections..
I don't know if I like the idea of having a "hard number" of views or comments as a criteria.
A general guideline is a better choice. I would have to look back at my e-mails to see more of the directions Doug and Danny gave me.

To me, member input is very important.. It's the job of the staff to find a balance. Obviously we can't please everyone.  But, I'm always willing to listen..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 5:14 PM

Hi Michel
Might be time now for a bit of history on this feature.
Misha started it back when he was a mod.
I continued it.
 I believe he just picked the ones the wanted, and would sometimes put more than one image per member in.
His idea for this was very good, and it  was fitting that it be continued.
We were trying a different criteria by selecting images that had not recieved a lot of comments, but deserved them.
This is still true.
But other criteria used, is adding some images from members who are participating in the forums, those who are regularly active in galleries, and those who do outstanding work. It would be nice to select more, and have all varieties of genres, but we do have to heed the TOS, and nudity guidelines as this i -frame is not filtered.
To not include images that have a lot of comments does  not work for me personally.It is because of these members that the site goes so well, so any and all recognition is proper for them.
There has been quite a few new members who do outstanding work  tha start joining in  on the forums just because  of the memeber nitification we do.
Basically I think we have it all covered in this feature.

Oh yeah Michel....lol... there is sometimes when I know i just click on a page and the first image that comes up is the one I choose, so there you have it, some are indeed random.
 Your suggestion could work for a few, as now we have 3 staff working on this.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.