Sun, Oct 6, 3:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Hello Hello....

jesserev ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 8:35 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:23 PM

I can't connect to the chat server. It just keeps saying "reattempting to connect". Anyone else having this type of day?

Angel1 ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 9:22 AM

Hey Jesse

I just tried and I am having the same trouble - I am letting admin know about it right now - Hope to see you in there soon.

....Now Bring Me That Horizon....
Send IM | Gallery

Angel1 ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 1:41 PM

Chat is back up and running 😄

Send IM | Gallery

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 6:52 PM

it's been out a coupla days now it sez "Unable to contact host. Retrying..." (safari and exploder) probably just as well, though. good way for me to avoid putting foot in mouth again :lol:

Angel1 ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 6:58 PM

It's down again and I believe they are working on it - fingers crossed it will be up and running again soon.

Send IM | Gallery

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 9:21 PM

They really need a better chat engine.  IRC is great and has loads of clients and can run all the time.  Like we use at Rendergods.com

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 9:24 PM

Hopefully we will be getting a new chat somewhere in the near future when the conversion is complete.

I have reported the chat being down again and should be resolved soon

Thanks

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 9:31 PM · edited Tue, 25 July 2006 at 9:31 PM

Cool.  Can you see if they would consider IRC, since it's already in place, lots of people have IRC clients, there are a ton of different web scripts so people can still access it through the webpage and I'll be able to lurk in the chat 24/7.  

PLUS, if you suggest it, i'll be your bestest friend.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 9:51 PM

IRC is also a great source of viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits et al. IIRC my guess is that they would never even consider an official 'rosity channel, but I could be wrong :lol: however, if somebody else wants to set one up, nobody's stopping them

Mahray ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 6:26 AM

In about 2 years worth of 24/7 connection, I have yet to get a virus, worm, trojan, or rootkit. 

This is very easy to do, all you have to do is take some basic precautions such as turning off auto-accept.  However, if you are still worried, simply connect through a web interface, such as java or cgi.  Check out RenderGods, visit the connect page, and have a look at the options.

It would be easy for Rosity to set up a safe web interface if they wanted to.

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

jesserev ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 7:46 AM

We could always do a voice chat server like teamspeak.....then we could work while we talk instead of just lurking!

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 8:06 AM

hmm in 10 years plus of being on IRC, I've gotten Zero viruses. trojans etc.
so I'd rethink that Nancy. its no more risky than that hotbed of viruses trojans etc.. the Internet. or P2P, or MSN, or ICQ, or Skype or Forums....

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 3:28 PM

o.k., there you have it, then. clean bill of health for IRC. you could have slapped me with a live trout, for all I know about it :lol: I've never gotten any trojans or r.a.t.s on it either, but I use Mac OS. perhaps it's the perfect spot to troll for "open machines", like all those chat room lurkers who log on, then go down to the 7-11 for a "big-gulp" and some beef jerky or whatever they call it now :lol:

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 3:49 PM

dunno what you were doing to 'know all about it' but I've not met (in the noted 10 years) anyone that has caught ANY malware on IRC.

taking the Same basic precautions anyone takes (not accepting attachments, not opening links sent by ppl you don't trust. you know the same ones that we all do anyway with Email, Forums etc) then... nothing bad happens to you.

Same as here, Email etc.
So not sure what you are going on about, but you are coming across as someone that knows nothing about what they are talking about.

bucketload3D ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 4:01 PM

O_o I cannot go away for a cup of coffee and some dinner?! OMG I've been doing that for months now and nothing ever happened to me :lol: or to anyone else in the channel or to their friends and relatives :) ... maybe the Bad Guys are simply afraid of my Steel Eleventacle of Doom? ... anyway, Miss Nancy, why spreading rumours about trojans and other nasty stuff if you actually never had a slightest chance to catch them and live through what you scare people with? Oh, I have heard that people using Macs have their heads chewed on by Giant Pandas! O_O people, get rid of Macs if you want to live!!! ... I have never ever encountered Macs in my life by the way. I am scared of the Pandas very very much T_T kitty5

www.Bucketload3d.com - where cool freebies are ~(==^..^)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 6:27 PM

o.k., sorry about that. didn't know how popular IRC was here. if they set up an IRC channel, then no worries here 😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.