Thu, Sep 19, 4:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 6.0 - Announcement in 2 weeks.......

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2006 at 2:56 AM · edited Mon, 17 July 2006 at 2:57 AM

Sitting here on the planets 25th largest island I can say without a doubt at 3:00PM and 1 second CST. I will be heading for the shed. It will be midnight here and I will expect an announcement.

So I suggest Flak you shove a couple of copies of 3D world Magazine down the back of your shorts if you don't want to feel the sharp end of my wrath.

I am 45 years old. I live in hope of seeing a new version of Bryce before I die. Is it wishful thinking?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2006 at 5:44 AM

Is it wishful thinking?

-Nah, DAZ will announce it during Siggraph, or info will come down from users that are attending.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2006 at 8:38 PM

OK, basically speaking, DAZ Bryce 6.0 is offering very little new as compared with Bryce 5.5 and even less in comparison to Vue. Hum, how should I decide if whether I should keep Bryce as my basic program?

So, DAZ has redesigned Bryce to accept all its Poser crap and that’s OK?

I’ve been with Bryce since it first became Windows compatible and I was thrilled by it since I followed it when it was solely a Mac program. I also purchased Poser when it first came into the market always knowing that it was a limited program. But now after being one of Bryce’s greatest fans, DAZ has acquired it and seems to be making it bend towards its needs as far as Poser is concerned. Thanks but no thanks…although Poser itself as a program offers a necessity to 3D artists, Poser offers way too little on the whole from a general 3D perspective.

Bryce has shrunk as an organic terrestrial producing program. I sense I would have very little use for it as such. You tell me it cannot compare with Vue, then, I have very little need for it at this point as an artistic tool and would then persue Vue as the leader (of course it could be Terragen). Then I must make my determinations as to what tools are really necessary in my artistic toolbox, obviously, Bryce is starting to take a way-too-far-back-of-the-list appearance.

I’m disheartened. After following Bryce almost from its historical inception to now, I feel as if I have to abandon it as a basic tool to find better tools, this makes my heart weep. Surely, if Bryce 6.0 has really nothing new to offer, then, it’s dead in the water.

Flak ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2006 at 9:07 PM

Cyba_Storm - sitting here on the planets biggest island, or is that the smallest continent (not sure anymore), and having no inside information on B6, or having any effect on anything to do with B6's development or release, I can safely say that I expect that DAZ will announce or release things when DAZ is ready. Its what they've done in the past. If people want to get some pre-release or pre-announcement exercise by jumping (either to conclusions or off the deep end), then thats fine by me. If nothing else, it keeps AgentSmith on his toes ;)

I too expect it will be during Siggraph... everyone announces stuff there, and besides, why wait till August if you're not going to announce it then.

Quest - we probably should wait until there's an official statement of what they've actually ended up doing with it before we light the celebratory fireworks or the funeral pyre ;) 

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2006 at 12:53 AM

OK, basically speaking, DAZ Bryce 6.0 is offering very little new as compared with Bryce 5.5 and even less in comparison to Vue

-Hey, don't keep secret about what's new in B6. Give it up! What's it got?? Seriously, you a beta tester? Let it out man!  ;o)

So, DAZ has redesigned Bryce to accept all its Poser crap and that’s OK?

-No offense at all, but out of my pure wonderment, yet when is this ironic rant going to get old? One of the top, screaming complaints from Bryce users (for years) was Bryce being able to properly import figures. DAZ buys Bryce, and makes it so. Now, that function is the opening volley of every Bryce nay-sayer.

Seriously, no offense to you Quest, I don't mean that statement literally to you, I'm just in amazement that, that could be a complaint in the first place, and then now it seems to be complaint number one. It honestly confounds me, lol. Ah, well.

DAZ has acquired it and seems to be making it bend towards its needs as far as Poser is concerned.

**-**Hmmm...again, what do you know we don't? I mean, Bryce 5.5 can import DAZ figures now...that's about as far as you can take it...right? I mean they can work at appeasing actual Poser users, and have Bryce be able to import whole Poser scene files directly, like Vue does, yet that seems to be more of a deal with the companies themselves and not figuring out what to do in code to make it work.

I don't know....as far as I have heard, the B6 info has not hit the public yet...but already Poser conspiracy complaints are being test shot across the DAZ bow (?)  :o)

I hold it all in reserve. Bryce 6 info could be "hey, that's, cool", or...it could be a quiet "yeah...dat's it?"...

I sadly theorize that an amount of users will not be impressed. I take that not from what B6 might have, but just from observing the users. Unless DAZ gives them something that would apprently beat "Vue 6 all to hell"...they'll just go their room, mad, lol.

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2006 at 2:27 AM

"Unless DAZ gives them something that would apprently beat "Vue 6 all to hell"...they'll just go their room, mad, lol."

Even if they do beat vue 6 all to hell, there'll be people complaining that their lovely simple to operated app got cluttered with too many labs labs :-P

Or they'll complain that the interface was overhauled to support all the new features.

Or they'll complain that there is an actual learning curve to new features rather then simply pressing the "My scene will rid the renderosity community from the large breasted deamon that is the V3 and her clone army. And may all their silicone enhanced bodies be dispered into a thin cloud of dust." render option 😉

Then again, we do often ask for the impossible. Professional features, low price tag, keeping up with 3 years of technical developments in one single update, and maintaining just as easy to use as always. Which means lots of us will buy bryce 6 anyways.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2006 at 3:59 AM

Rofl...true Ray, true to all.

Yet...I know I too will have a hissy fit, if and when the gui is changed at all, lol. We all have our quirks.

(admittedly, especially me)

Eugenius ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2006 at 8:36 AM

Quote - "Unless DAZ gives them something that would apprently beat "Vue 6 all to hell"...they'll just go their room, mad, lol."

Even if they do beat vue 6 all to hell, there'll be people complaining that their lovely simple to operated app got cluttered with too many labs labs :-P

Or they'll complain that the interface was overhauled to support all the new features.

Or they'll complain that there is an actual learning curve to new features rather then simply pressing the "My scene will rid the renderosity community from the large breasted deamon that is the V3 and her clone army. And may all their silicone enhanced bodies be dispered into a thin cloud of dust." render option 😉

Then again, we do often ask for the impossible. Professional features, low price tag, keeping up with 3 years of technical developments in one single update, and maintaining just as easy to use as always. Which means lots of us will buy bryce 6 anyways.

You're right: you can't please everybody all the time, no matter what you do. I do have some expectations from Bryce 6 and hope that the updates will inspire me to upgrade from B5.1. It doesn't to have all of the bells and whisltes as Vue, but some updates that are clearly define B5 from B6. It seems that emotions are running high as everybody is waiting impatiently for the new release of Bryce, but we should stay positive and see what new features that Daz has implemented in B6.

Dann-O ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2006 at 9:30 AM

I just home for a few simple features. GI lighting and faster effect renders. (soft shadows true ambience) I can live with generic renders just the soft shadows and other effects are just too much. If there is more then that is good too. I woudl liketo have better shaders from the start. Sort of like a bunch of agent smith shaders already included. I have to admit I am hooked on your shaders even if I tweak them all day they are a great place to start.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2006 at 5:05 PM

It seems that emotions are running high as everybody is waiting impatiently for the new release of Bryce

-Those high emotions will always happen. It's funny to go way back in this forum, and see almost the same kinds of high emotional posts when MetaCreations was coming out with a new Bryce version, lol.

I would like to have better shaders from the start

-Amen to that! That's an area that can be improved; the stock mats that users starts with. The better they are, the happier users will be, and they will end up spawning better mats of their own.

The DTE can be a tough nut to crack, I'm still hammering on it, still trying to teach mysef more.

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2006 at 5:57 PM

Man, bryce is fast becoming the "yugo" of the 3d world. Just let it die....

I eat babies.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2006 at 8:34 PM

I fart in your general direction.

Give me Bryce or give me death.

;oD

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2006 at 8:45 PM

LOL!

I eat babies.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2006 at 11:50 AM

forgive him; his mother was a hamster, and his father smelled of elderberries..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2006 at 11:53 AM

Quote-

-Those high emotions will always happen. It's funny to go way back in this forum, and see almost the same kinds of high emotional posts when MetaCreations was coming out with a new Bryce version, lol.

Yup, every time. lol 8)

Br6 will be what it will be, I tend to think that I'll be pleased with some things and dissapointed with others, but we won't really know what to gripe about until it is out and someone plays with it.

As for the "Poser is the end of the world senario" what's that about? Agent  Smith will tell you how upset I used to get whenever Posers ugly head arose in conection to Bryce but now I just see Poser as one more tool in the box, it's not going to kill Bryce!

What I really would like is for DAZ to incorporate some of what Carrara has into Bryce, also to add better bases in the DTE. The DTE is still the one area where Bryce excels above all the rest and even though it can be a hellist thing to use, once you get a grip on it, the textures that can be created are superb. I realized this recently when I was looking through some old Br5 images I had done and was thinking I should release some of the mats as a freebie.

Anyway we should all just wait and see. 8)

Catlin

attileus ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2006 at 2:29 PM

They don't have to release B6 if it doesn't have a mighty Ecosys feature as in Vue. :-D  (Nowadays I wonder how could I survive without the Ecosys...using both Vue and - sometimes - Bryce)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2006 at 9:02 PM

What I really would like is for DAZ to incorporate some of what Carrara has into Bryce

Freaking amen to that. Now, DAZ did not ever say one way or another whether or not they would ever do that...but they did say they didn't have time to do that, as they literally got their hands on Carrara only a couple of months ago. So, hope, hope, hope....for the future.

"...a mighty Ecosys feature as in Vue..."

Vue's Ecosystem does rock and everyone knows it, lol. Very cool feature. Carrara has something similar, although I couldn't tell you a this point in my early Carrara education how alike they might be.

I have Vue 4, and it's "shader lab" was laid out as to be less intimidating than Bryce's DTE. Not as flexible/powerful in some respects, but most Bryce users poke at their DTE with a long stick, and then carefully back away, lol.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 7:13 AM
Forum Moderator

Pakled: the quote is "Your mother is a hamster and your father is a wiper of other people's bottoms...."

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 11:36 AM

Quote - Pakled: the quote is "Your mother is a hamster and your father is a wiper of other people's bottoms...."

😕 your mixing up two seperate taunts.
The first is > Quote - I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

The second is > Quote - No chance, English bed-wetting types. We burst our pimples at you, and call your door-opening request a silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms!

Thirty days hard booleaning :tt2:

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 1:08 PM
Forum Moderator

Anorak!:tongue2:

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Eugenius ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 5:32 PM

Quote - I have Vue 4, and it's "shader lab" was laid out as to be less intimidating than Bryce's DTE. Not as flexible/powerful in some respects, but most Bryce users poke at their DTE with a long stick, and then carefully back away, lol.

I agree with you Agent Smith: I've used Bryce since version 3 and I didn't experiment with the DTE until into version 5.1. I enjoyed experimenting with DTE whe I was creating the vision texture for the Droids (Freebie). Bryce's DTE a very powerful tool and it would be cool if Daz could find a way for us to be able to export them in Bryce 6. I think more Brycers would experiment more with them.

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 3:41 AM

Quote - confused: your mixing up two seperate taunts.
The first is......:

Definite anorak, so what is the average air speed of a swallow in flight?

:b_grin:

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 11:40 AM

Quote - > Quote - confused: your mixing up two seperate taunts.

The first is......:

Definite anorak, so what is the average air speed of a swallow in flight?

:rolleyes: An African or European swallow?

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 11:56 AM

I don't know that..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!..;)

Sorry, I've only seen it about 15 times, so I don't quite have it down yet..;)

Well, when you're a king, you have to know these things..;)

I remember years ago finding the entire script on the web, transliterated (the French exchange even I had trouble with..I thought they were saying   fetchez le vache!..;)

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 12:06 PM

Quote - I remember years ago finding the entire script on the web ...

It's still out there (merely a Google away), which is handy as it saves me from having to find my paperback copy.

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 1:36 PM

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 1:37 PM

"Not dead yet..."

Nor hopefully, is Bryce. ;-]

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 7:24 PM

..you'll be stone dead in a week..;)

ddaydreams ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 7:20 PM

It's been three and a half weeks since this thread called
Subject: Bryce 6.0 - Announcement in 2 weeks appeared.
Did I miss it ?

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 8:09 PM

Quote - It's been three and a half weeks since this thread called
Subject: Bryce 6.0 - Announcement in 2 weeks appeared.
Did I miss it ?

Only the announcement that the announcement had been delayed, probably until SIGGRAPH :bored:

ddaydreams ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 8:26 PM
A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 4:11 AM

Let's hope version 6 is a vast improvement over version 5.5; I use 5.5 with OSX, but still occasionally use version 5 with OS8.6 on an older Mac. And there are times when the results look better from version 5.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 8:31 AM

From the department of Redundancy department: the Announcement of the announcement of Bryce 6 is on schedule, but the actual announcement has been delayed..;)

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 11:25 PM · edited Fri, 28 July 2006 at 11:30 PM

It is a legal requirement that you give 2 weeks notice of your intention to give 2 weeks notice. If any other parties need clarification of any part of the notice, they need to  post a notice stating the areas of clarificaion required. The poster of the original notice then has 2 weeks to provided the requested clarifications. If the notice is not forthcoming or still fails to satisfy the parties seeking clarification, a notice will be issued calling all participants to a meeting to clear up outstanding issues. This notice will be posted 2 weeks before said meeting. The minutes of the meeting including outcome will be posted, and all parties have 2 weeks to make submissions as to their satisfaction or not, of the outcome. A 2 week period will then be put aside while ALL outstanding issues are addressed. Then and only then can the 2 weeks notice of your intention to give 2 weeks notice be re-posted.

BUT,if any other parties need clarificaion..............

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 1:55 AM · edited Sat, 29 July 2006 at 1:56 AM

Quote - Br6 will be what it will be, I tend to think that I'll be pleased with some things and dissapointed with others, but we won't really know what to gripe about until it is out and someone plays with it.

Well, let's hope it will open Br5 and earlier files properly; I happened to open a Br5 (Corel) one yesterday and firstly it ooened at the original resolution and not at the one set in my Br5.5, and also it just showed a white panel until I rendered the picture.

Is there going to be a beta? or do we just wait for a demo version to see if it's worth upgrading?

I like Bryce; but I think it needs a few more tweaks to make it run smoothly - and efficiently - in OSX.

Mahray ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 2:54 AM

I'm sure they'll be running a beta, but it will probably be restricted.  From memory there was a beta run of 5.5, then they released it (three days later they released 5.5c).

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 1:55 AM

"...or do we just wait for a demo version...?

Good question, will DAZ have demos this time around? Have to ask that in the artzone chat tomorrow.

attileus ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 6:23 AM

As soon as we start observing Flying Pigs it will herald the announcement of Bryce 6 so be patient people! :-D

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 12:53 PM

file_350676.gif

Just this morning...

attileus ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 3:24 PM

file_350682.jpg

lol..or a beginner like this would already be sufficient... :-)

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 6:54 PM

ok...so this means....whut?..;)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 9:58 PM

The reference to pigs flying. (bottom of first page)

Man...I just do not like this "pages" aspect to the forum. I'm cool with these new forums, but I do miss the one long page for each thread layout.  ;o(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.