Wed, Sep 18, 11:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Hyperion bar? Ajax?... Moebius87?

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 9:56 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 9:25 PM

will Hyperion bar ever see the light of day?

or Feng's Noodle Shop?

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

shaft73 ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 11:07 PM

He's finishing up his dystopia city blocks. Then for the interiors. I think.

jarm ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 1:42 AM

Check out team-dystopia.com for more info on the current work in progresses.

Ajax ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 3:12 AM

Generally my policy is that if somebody mentions what I've come to think of as "the H word", I come running after them with an axe, chop them into little gobbets and hide the bits behind the couch.  Of course the main problem with this policy is that I can't actually work out where most of you live, so I'm usually restricted to just explaining the policy rather than acting on it (lucky for you, Tyger_purr 😉 )

Another key aspect of my "H word" policy (a more practical one) is that I'm not answering any questions about the progress of the project (OK, I know yours was a "will it ever happen" question rather than a progress questions, but I'm not answering those either) until/unless the project is actually finished, uploded and out of my hair.  If it ever gets finished then it will appear on the market suddenly and with little or no warning.

Lyrra appears to be more relaxed about Feng's, so you might get some information out of her.

All I'm going to say is that I'm currently tied up with work on various versions of various different sets of City Blocks and if Moe keeps churning those out then I may not have time to work on much else until city block 100 is done.  Once the last of the city blocks and the H project are done, I'll be retiring from Dystopia work, except maybe for some small solo projects tied to the Dystopia universe.

In line with policy, I hope that has completely failed to answer your question and been as unhelpful as you could wish it not to have been.  Have a nice day. 😄

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Ajax ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 3:17 AM · edited Tue, 01 August 2006 at 3:20 AM

On a different, but distantly related topic, I'm perfectly happy to talk about the Dystopian Displays and DataStick.  In fact, I could happily rant about how much it irritates me that I've had that project finished for six months and we can't find anywhere good to sell it. 

DAZ think it's too esoteric to be interesting to their customers (though it's taken them many months to actually come out and say that) and Renderosity has a bizarre policy that if a product includes renders of other products, you have to include the makers of those other products in your readme as though they were somehow co-authors of your product.  Even it that weren't just plain objectionable considering that we're talking about products licensed for commercial renders, it's not practical when your product is a collection of complex renders with all sorts of things in them.

Yes, I've thought about other stores but our experience with them has been that you don't sell enough copies of your product to make it worth your time putting the store images together, let alone making the product.  I'm not sure where that leaves the project.  I need to talk it over with Moe and see what he thinks. 

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 5:42 AM

too esoteric?  when was the last time you posted about that datastick?  i've been wondering about it since i first saw it.  every new stonemason set comes out and i think, "you know what would look good with this?  that datastick and those displays.  too bad they're not done yet."  i just thought that you were somehow not interested in it or something, and busy with the every expanding dystopian city, so they were being left behind.  this is kind of disheartening to know.  and odd - there's what, 2 or 3 other daz p.a.s whose stuff doesn't look out of place in stonemason's sf environments?  the environments everyone buys the moment they come out?

Ajax ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 7:42 AM

That's pretty much what we though, but the marketing guys at DAZ just couldn't see it.  In fact, they wanted us to repurpose the whole package as a set of textures for the waystations, which made no kind of sense to us at all.  For one thing, none of them are the sort of thing you'd expect to see in a waystation and for another, if we did that they'd have no versatility for use on other products.  Go figure.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 8:16 AM

Quote - In line with policy, I hope that has completely failed to answer your question and been as unhelpful as you could wish it not to have been.  Have a nice day. 😄

actually you completely failed to completely fail.... I mean... thanx, you answered my question. :P

Quote - I've thought about other stores but our experience with them has been that you don't sell enough copies of your product to make it worth your time putting the store images together, let alone making the product.  I'm not sure where that leaves the project.  I need to talk it over with Moe and see what he thinks. 

Have you considered Content paradise?

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 8:28 AM

yeah, i'd be a lot less interested if they weren't stand-alones.  i want to be able to use them as i want.  i mean, you do awesome work, far better than anything i've done, but i still want my pictures to be about my own vision as much as possible.

from what i've heard, 3dcommune takes a smaller percentage than other brokerages.

Ajax ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 5:00 PM

Hmmm....Content Paradise isn't a bad idea.  We should look into that one. 

shogakusha ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 10:02 AM

Good luck with the data sticks, Ajax! I thought these were great when they first showed up, but then got disappointed when the whole 'no store' thing reared its ugly head.

Keep us posted! (Errrr...on the data sticks, not that H thing...)

Happy rendering!

Shogakusha

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.