Fri, Sep 20, 4:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Wacom Tablet

Circumvent ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2006 at 10:23 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 2:32 AM

OK i'm going to bite the bullet and buy a Wacom Tablet for post work in poser 6.  Does anyone know where there are some good TUTS regarding post work using a tablet?  Thanks in advance.
Adrian

dlfurman ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2006 at 1:55 PM

You have to get used to looking at the screen while you draw, paint etc.

It will not take you long.

As far as tutorials to actually do postwork, check the marketplace.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Circumvent ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2006 at 5:21 PM

dlfurman
Thanks for the response.  I was trying to find some Tuts and they are hard to come buy.  I'll check the marketplace.  Thanks.
Adrian

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2006 at 7:28 PM

Quote - You have to get used to looking at the screen while you draw, paint etc.

It will not take you long.

And some people like me lack the co-ordination to ever be able to manipulate a pen with my right hand while staring straight ahead at a computer monitor.

I had a small Wacom Tablet and the area was something like 4" or 5".  Pretty useless.

If you are getting a tablet, get a large one.

Also, If you get an Intuos 2, or one that is compatible with the pens and tools for it, PM me.  My tablet broke and I have brand new pens including the airbrush one that I want to sell.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RedHawk ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2006 at 7:55 PM

If you are looking for general post-work tuts, you can't go wrong with Kirisute's tutorials which are available for free here: http://www.startiste.com/storefront/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

<-insert words of wisdom here->

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2006 at 1:11 AM

I think there are some more of his tutorials at Daz in the tutorial area as well.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2006 at 1:41 AM

In the case of tablets, it isnt a question of large or small, but what your style of painting/drawing is. If you like to paint primarily with your wrist (ie small precise strokes) then a smaller one works much better then a larger one. In this case a large tablet will actually tire out your hand. And if OTOH you like to make large sweeping strokes with your entire forearm, then the large format ones work better. Generally for postwork or textures, where you need controlled strokes, a size like 6x9 is a nice comfortable size to work with.

Of course the best bet is to actually try out different sizes and find which size is most suitable for you.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2006 at 12:56 PM

I think Blackhearted includes postwork tutorials with some of his products.

Cheers

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2006 at 12:58 PM

An odd little bit of personal experience: Partly as a result of desk layout and stuff, when Mice first appeared I got into the habit of using my mouse left-handed. I now use a graphics tablet, right handed. People have told me they've had problems going from mouse-style control to pen/tablet style. Well, I reckon a part of it all, is to do what you can to make the tablet different. I find I can sit back a bit, and almost relax, almost like an artist with a sketchpad. I want to get over that computer-geek-mouse-keyboard headspace. In fact, it's probably worth getting some pencils and a small sketchpad, and just doodling.

Circumvent ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2006 at 7:30 PM

OHhhhh wow thanks for the tuts!! I need to do alot of reading.  Thanks again!!
Adrian

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.