Thu, Sep 19, 11:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Motion tracking2

dvdcdr ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 1:41 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:00 PM

Does anyobody know of a way I can get Icarus camera tracking data into Poser?

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 2:03 PM

Anything to do with Vue?

dvdcdr ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 2:17 PM

oops, i typed poser by accident.  i meant vue.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 6:23 PM

LOL

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

dvdcdr ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 7:15 PM

Still, can anyone answer my question, though?

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 9:15 PM

I don't know about Icarus. I saw at Siggraph that Vue 6 Infinite will support motion tracking data from Boujou though.

krimpr ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 5:41 AM

Syntheyes handles Vue & Poser. The author is writing exporters as requests from customers come in. Great product / support / price.

dvdcdr ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 9:00 AM

What's Syntheyes?  Is that another motion tracker?

krimpr ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 9:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.ssontech.com/

Yes.

kevin_c ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 9:47 AM

Slightly off topic but maybe you'd like to comment dvdcdr. I found one of the great side benefits of Icarus was that you could end up with a terrific panorama image using a panned video shot. It would remove people that were moving across the shot which is often a problem with the "traditional" way of taking multiple photos and stitching them.

The trouble is that my early version of Icarus was from a cover CD. It worked fine until I updated Windows Media Player and now its defunct. Won't import a movie clip.

Do you know if Icarus is still available in a modern form compatable with Windows XP and modern Windows media player etc?

dvdcdr ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 12:17 PM

Krimpr:   thanks, I'll check it out.  It's probably more accurate, too.

Kevin_c: They stopped making Icarus available for download and they sold it to Pixel Farm and they kind of changed it around to a different program.  I first downloaded Icarus 2.07 and had a similar problem with importing movies.  I then downloaded 2.09 and it worked fine.  I attatched the installer to 2.09 in case you have an earlier version.  Also, what version did you update Windows Media Player to?  Because lately Microsoft has been giving all these beta versions out on their website for all sorts of programs and many of them do not work (I can't use internet explorer anymore).  I think they're trying to see what works and what doesn't for their new Windows Vista.

dvdcdr ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 12:25 PM

For some reason I don't think that my file was attatched.  I think I got it htis time.

dvdcdr ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 12:35 PM · edited Wed, 09 August 2006 at 12:48 PM

krimpr: I checked out Syntheyes and it had a list of programs and Vue 5 Infinite was there.  Does that mean it wouldn't work with Vue Esprit' or Pro Studio?  I don't really have hte money for Infinite.  It also said Poser there, though.  I have Poser.  And Poser and Vue are somewhat compatable so I could eventually get it into Vue.  Was that just a list of everything it works with or things they'd like it to work with?

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 12:51 PM

Sorry dvdcr - I edited your post to remove the download link.

Unless you have the explicit permission from the authors of Icarus to redistribute their software, I cannot allow that kind of link to persist in the forum.

krimpr ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 1:16 PM

dvdcdr: I believe that the complete list of compatible exports is somewhere on their site; it's quite extensive. As to whether it works with Esprit or Pro Studio I can't say. I'd suggest emailing them directly, as Russ Andersson is quite responsive with information.

kevin_c ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 2:19 AM

Thanks dvdcdr. I'll have a look around and see if Icarus 2.09 is freeware somewhere.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 9:53 AM

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

kevin_c ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 10:07 AM

Thanks Bobby.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 10:19 AM

N P mate

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

dvdcdr ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 12:54 PM

I contacted the guys at ssontech.com  and i'll wait and see what they have 2 say.

DMM ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 2:14 PM

About getting Icarus data into Vue, you could export the Icarus data to either Maya or Lightwave format, then use Vues synch plugins to synch the data from either Maya or Lightwave.

Of course, this presupposes you have either Maya or Lightwave :)

If you don't try downloading the Lightwave free edition (demo), if you're lucky it might allow you to add the plugin and synch the camera data. I seem to remember being able to use plugins with the free edition many moons back.

dvdcdr ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 8:16 PM

Are you referring to Vue Xtream, or could I do othis just with the Esprit' version?  That would be awesome.

DMM ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 5:50 AM

No, I'm talking about Vue Infinite/Pro, if you have the Esprit version then I'm afraid there are no plugins available for that. As far as I know, there's no way to get camera data into Esprit at all. :(

dvdcdr ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 9:02 AM

I could be wrong, but I thought the only difference between Esprit' and Pro is four separate modules: Mover 5, Deep Acess, Light Tune, Botanica.  If that's the case, what module would I need to add in order to do this (I already have Mover).

DMM ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 9:45 AM

No, there's more differences, chiefly the ability to import/export, and of course the synch plugins. Check out the application specifications to be sure, but I'm pretty certain of it. The plugins should be somewhere on one of the disks you got if you've got them at all.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 9:42 PM

I saw this over in the Poser firum too.  What is an Icarus Camera?

DMM ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 5:55 AM

Quote - I saw this over in the Poser firum too.  What is an Icarus Camera?

Before PFTrack was called PFTrack it was called Icarus, and was a freeware camera tracker. It's still possible to find Icarus, and to get camera data from video to use in Lightwave or Maya & the other supported apps.

It's a little ropey, and needs a clean steady video shot, but it is possible to get results from it.

kevin_c ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 4:25 AM

Thanks to this thread I've now got a functioning version of Icarus 2.09 and have used it successfully for panoramas and video stabilisation. Still getting some problems from the moving object removal from video function though.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any Icarus User groups or discussion forums out there? Tried searching but no joy.

Cheers,

Kevin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.