Sun, Oct 6, 11:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Hiiiiii Bryce Gang !

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 10:48 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:17 AM

I'm new here, well sorta.
I'm thiking I'll stop by and say hi and introduce myself.
My name is Connie, when I get home, I'm usually called Meow, but I respond to a loud hey you as well.

I've been playing with Bryce and other rendering programs for several years now, on and off. This is an awesome site, big, I'm still finding my way around it all.

I actually ge to do some rendering and visualizations at work too, but being they're for engineers, they never pay for the time to develop something artistic. Usually it's just colored schematics and massing models of land developments. Kind of boring and plain compred to what I'd really want them to look like.

I've been lurking in the galleries and the site for a loong time, and now finally decided to get more active, and polish my artsy skills more. Bryce is my favorite rendering program. Many times I'll model something in Max or others, and bring it into Bryce for rendering.

Hopefully I haven't done anything trerribly anti ettiquette and FAQ by making this post.
I've noticed a few people in here. Lot of smart fun and talented folk in here. Maybe some of it will brush off on me eventually :biggrin:

Hugz, Connie-Kat-Meow

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 10:52 PM

Welcome, thanks for the intro!

AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Mahray ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 10:56 PM

G'day Meow-Kat-Connie, nice to see a lurker make themselves know (I was much the same myself at first).

Welcome to the madhouse, watch out for certain people wanting your babies or making you drool all over the keyboard with envy.  Etiquette-wise, no problems from me.  Keep it clean (or tick the advisory boxes) and avoid personal attacks, that should do the trick.

Mahray

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

sackrat ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 11:22 PM

Hi,........welcome ! Look forward to seeing some images from you. I am usually called "Stupid Human" when I get home.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 11:59 PM · edited Wed, 09 August 2006 at 12:01 AM

Welcome to the Bryce forum please keep your hands and feet (or in your case foot ;) inside the forum at all times. There are exits clearly marked along the forum here, here and here. In case of water landing make sure you have your ducky and remember no matter where you go there you are!

And thank you for flying Bryce Forums... Have a nice day!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 1:29 AM

Hi! welcome to the Bryce scene from down-under. Where flying anywhere takes forever, but at Rendo International is only a click away.

Cheers  

GG.

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 2:25 AM

Mouse sez 'Hey!'

tjohn ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 3:18 AM

"Eh-Oh" (sorry, too much Teletubbies)

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Mahray ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 6:51 AM

I feel I should mention that I'm from the real Down Under, GGs from slightly to the right of us.

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 8:10 AM · edited Wed, 09 August 2006 at 8:13 AM

@ Mahray: Coming from Tassie, I am technically further down under than you. And like you say, the FUSH AND CHUP mob across the ditch don't count. They are not so much DOWN UNDER as OVER AND OUT.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 3:02 PM

Awww, Thank You for the welcome!
...Guys and Gals and Kitties and Mice and Aussies and Kiwies and Tassies... 
Hugz y'all, Connie :m_bouncy:

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 5:23 PM
Forum Moderator

She uses MAX!!!!!!!  sigh!  Another heretic joins the asylum..........(lumbers off to get the comfy chair.....)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 5:54 PM

And to the cussies' across the ditch, we wont mention the rugby, netball or the cricket !!!!!??????.

Cheers

GG.

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 7:18 PM

Hey, thought u could get bryster to steal my comfy chair for ya huh? Well u might be new but i want my chair back! After all I'm a max user too :tongue1: we need comfy chairs...

Oh and i render in bryce too sometimes :tongue1: But that's mostly for private projects these days.

I've actually recently made a few grapics for an engineer also, but can u believe he came to me because he wanted a pretty render rather then something all techie/scientific? Ah the world is never free of surprises.

oh and welcome to the forum ofcourse 😉

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 10:33 PM

Read above entries, we all a bit insane.  (you ever wonder what it would be like to live in one of those looney house on TV or flicks?  Your here now. ) There is talent and thangs to be larned hyer.  Self excluded I'm just a fake.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 5:06 PM

Welcome to the madhouse.  If you use Bryce you can't be all bad despite the Max admission.

Lol!

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 5:33 PM
Forum Moderator

...adds Fran to the list....

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

electroglyph ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 10:22 PM

Bryster's got a little list...

he's got a little list...

and they'll none of them be missed...

no! they'll none of them be missed!

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 10:53 PM

the people on his list get a personal b-day party invitation 😉

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Dann-O ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 11:33 PM

Rule # 324 is beign breeched proper introduction can only hapen after posting in at least 4 threads. I make these rules up as I go along and I am top on Brysters list. Good to see some new blood. (where is drac)

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 12:10 AM

collecting babies

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 2:14 AM

Whadda heck are you guys going on about???  :m_confused2:
Render me confused!

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 2:34 AM

The average IQ around here is (pick a number between 20 and 40) on a normal day. If we can keep Agent Smith and the Bryster away it climbs to around 50.

The mental state of most members has been documented by the Department of Health and this forum now comes with a health warnings.  "ENTERING THIS FORUM MAY LOOSEN YOUR GRIP ON REALITY". And, "THE OPINIONS OF THOSE POSTING IN THIS FORUM MAY BEGIN TO MAKE SENSE. IF YOU FIND YOURSELF UNDERSTANDING ANY OF IT, SEEK IMMEDIATE HELP."

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 4:39 AM · edited Sun, 13 August 2006 at 4:51 AM

Good Eric Idle  - personally though I prefer Goucho Marks - now that guy could go on for hours about intelligence - judging from some of his movies he could go on for hours without it too.

Bryster likes to call people who use anything other than Bryce heretics . . . given that definition we're all heretics - some of us just don't know it yet.

speaking of gouchos: how does a goucho get down off his horse?...

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 11:06 AM

Quote -
The average IQ around here is (pick a number between 20 and 40) on a normal day. If we can keep Agent Smith and the Bryster away it climbs to around 50.

Quote -

Would that be measured in rays per pixel or maximum ray depth?

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 12:39 PM

"Well,..........enough about me, let's talk about you. What do you think of me ?" - Groucho Marx.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 12:46 PM

Quote - ...adds Fran to the list....

Now just a minute... what - exactly - am I on the list for?

For using Bryce?  if so, fine, I admit it., I use Bryce.

I do...
     usually... 
         when I get lost elsewhere

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 12:48 PM

Quote -

Quote -
Would that be measured in rays per pixel or maximum ray depth?

I think it's probably just yer plain ordinary Depth.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 1:10 PM

Quote - Whadda heck are you guys going on about???  :m_confused2:
Render me confused!

Drac has a fetish for having peoples babies, which is why he's probably out collecting babies right now instead of here to say hi 😉

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 1:16 PM

Quote - The average IQ around here is (pick a number between 20 and 40) on a normal day. If we can keep Agent Smith and the Bryster away it climbs to around 50. The mental state of most members has been documented by the Department of Health and this forum now comes with a health warnings.  "ENTERING THIS FORUM MAY LOOSEN YOUR GRIP ON REALITY". And, "THE OPINIONS OF THOSE POSTING IN THIS FORUM MAY BEGIN TO MAKE SENSE. IF YOU FIND YOURSELF UNDERSTANDING ANY OF IT, SEEK IMMEDIATE HELP."

I wonder what my IQ does to the average considering it's above 140 :tongue1: On the other hand... I have never met anyone capable of understanding what i say at all times and I am aware of the fact that I haven't had a firm grip on reality since the day i was born.... :tongue2:

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 1:36 PM
Forum Moderator

Fran: You've confessed to being a Maxist sympathiser.................

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 2:52 PM

No no no - that's Mars not Max.  A Mars a day keeps the Bryster away.

(virtuous expression)

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 12:05 AM

I use MAX, WINGS, and VUE. And every now and again BRYCE. I am not a big fan of BOOLEANING.

Stand back. The BRYSTER will be here in 5...4...3....

Mahray ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 2:27 AM

As TheBryster's unduly unnapointed representitive: You Heretic!!

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 2:56 AM

The LORDS of RENDER looked down and saw the evil BOOLEAN sculking in the shadows. They turned their faces from this foul beast. All except LORD BRYCE. He took it to be his champion. Even in the face of UNIVERSAL disapproval he would not denounce his servant. And so they were shunned.

Letters to the Newbies. Chap 7 Verse 2.  From "The Book of  3D."

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 6:49 AM
Forum Moderator

Oh Cyba-Baby!!!!!  A word in your shell-like....if  you please..........

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 7:28 AM

Welcome Connie,

Booleans may become more fun in bryce 6 :).

Sorry Bryster but I think most of us are heretics nowadays (my current collection includes Max 3.1, Wings, Maya 4 Complete, Blender 2.42 (which Rocks))

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Mahray ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 8:17 AM

My blender rocks too, and it also makes this strange squeeling sound.  Probably have to replace it soon.

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 10:17 AM

Nope no squeeling, maybe I should where my headphones while using it :b_tonguewink:

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

sackrat ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 12:59 PM

C4D, C4D, C4D, C4D !

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 2:01 PM

Oh, you guys are like so.... 'you guys!'
Is this like playing mine is bigger then yours?  :m_laugh:

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 2:17 PM

nah, they gave up that game since i got here a few years ago 😉

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 4:58 PM
Forum Moderator

ConnieKat8:  The Cardinals of this forum take heresy VERY seriously. Being found guilty can get you into a  lot of trouble with the home furnishings deprtment....

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 7:54 PM

Quote - ConnieKat8:  The Cardinals of this forum take heresy VERY seriously. Being found guilty can get you into a  lot of trouble with the home furnishings deprtment....

Translation: Bryster claims he WILL make you sit in a comfy chair while making computergraphics if you use any tools that are not part of bryce. I have never seen this threat bein put into practice though.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Incarnadine ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 10:12 PM · edited Mon, 14 August 2006 at 10:16 PM

Not all engineers are without an artistic sense...

Welcome to the asylum!

Incarnadine
One of the original heretics.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 11:37 PM

@ CONNIEKAT: This forum is powered by everything from the inner workings of personality disorders to the farthest reaches of "out of your mind."

The mine is bigger than yours argument was answered a long time ago. MINE IS THE BIGGEST.

As long as we are talking about plane trips to get anywhere interesting.

@COG: Are you saying your blender came with headphones. I only recieved a set of measuring spoons and a plastic mixing bowl.  RIPPED OFF.

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 4:05 AM

Quote - The mine is bigger than yours argument was answered a long time ago. MINE IS THE BIGGEST.

And I did a render that took 11 days per frame, 1 second of animation - 30 frames, my render is longer then your render!!!! 

:b_sweat:

Quote - ...... a set of measuring spoons and a plastic mixing bowl.......

I had to pay for the headphones, all I got with mine was some strange primitive objects that I can squidge about and colour in different colours.

:b_stunned:

----------

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 9:57 AM

I rendered an animation that took 625 hours :P so there :P

And I'm gettin a system with 2 dual-core Opteron 270's, 4GB's of ram and a QuadroFX3400 vidcard. so MINE WILL BE THE BIGGEST SOON!!!!

This time one of our (mine and my colleague/friend/businesspartner) own build as the alienware system we ordered earlier this year was a HUGE disappointment. As was our Alienware laptop which is now on it's way to ireland for repairs for the 2nd time since we ordered it back in februari. (And after gettin a new vid-card and new ram through the postal mail çuz they needed to be replaced also)

Soo..... if u dun play the mine's bigger game at least learn from this that alienware systems suck. I ain't buyin any of 'em anymore anways.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 3:03 PM

Guyzzz, guyzz, hold on, it's the technique and presentation that really counts, not the size!
[ducking and running]

........... !!!!!!  ... no, wait....
Come to think of it, there needs to be some sort of uniform criteria for measuring the pecking order ...   LOL, I think I feel a render coming.
...............................[ducking and running].............................................>>>>>>

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 6:04 PM

Is a 19 inch server rack and a 23 inch mac screen enough presentation? or do i need to demonstrate the 40 inch flatscreen tv and the comfy chair also? :tongue1:

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.