Fri, Sep 20, 4:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Does anyone have the Poser to Maya program from the store here?

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 7:54 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=25953

And if so does it work with ver 7 of Maya? Also how do you like it?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 10:57 AM

I don't have Maya or this program, but it reads like many other import utilities where you export the Poser scene geometry and save the PZ3 scene and it imports the geometry and uses the PZ3 to texture it - see my interPoser Ltd or Dimension3D's CinePoser LT plugin for Cinema 4d.

Sounds like it'll do the job.  You might want to contact the creator to see about version compatibility and other details.

Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 11:42 AM

Are you planning to animate your scene/char in Maya or use poser animation in Maya ? Cause if its only for a still you can just export an OBJ file from poser and open it up in Maya. You will need to setup your textures again of course, but you should do that anyway to take advantage of the better options available in Maya.

replicand ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 4:10 PM

It doesn't look like it does animation, which was a concern for me. I think it was stewer who said that a rendering engine only translates your settings into a bitmap, and went on to describe that increasing light intensity to 160 improves Poser's image quality (which it does). The point being that it may not be necessary to go to Maya unless you need something Maya (mental ray) specific, like caustics for example.

That said, while not trying to sound snobbish, you would be doing yourself a great disservice by not fully exploring Maya's capabilities. I've been studying it for over a year and constantly amazed by what it does.

I have also invested a great deal in Poser content, which is why I use Trinity for Maya (www.rendermagix.com, which is free BTW). It's a great way to ease the transition from Poser to Maya.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 5:36 PM

Starting my classes the 28th, and I do intend to fully explore it, was just curious about that item ...thanks!

fuaho ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 9:18 PM

Attached Link: CR2 Loader for Maya - Plugin

These two programs are worth looking into...

http://www.greenbriarstudio.com/3D/Manimload.htm

<;))%%%<<

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.