Fri, Oct 4, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: How do recent Vue 5 infinite purchasers KNOW they're going to be upgraded?

DaQuestioner ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 9:12 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:30 AM

I am thinking of buying Vue 5 Infinite.

E-onsoftware (the company that makes Vue) indicated that those who purchase Vue 5 infinite now  would get a free upgrade to Vue 6 Infinite when the latter is eventually released.

But how would one KNOW for sure that E-onsoftware will actually uphold their end of the deal?  Are Vue 5 Infinifte purchasers given a free Vue 6 serial number / login / code?  Or does one merely have to trust E-OnSoftware's purchase records, and expect them to contact you when the free Vue 6 upgrade is released?

Thanks.

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 9:45 AM

I doubt they are giving serial numbers of Vue 6 already.

You will probably receive an email with instructions to download Vue 5 Infinite when it is available.

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 9:45 AM

The usual practice in such cases is that the purchaser of version N is expected to contact the software house when version N+1 is released, and claim their free upgrade.

I see no reason to suppose that any reputable company would renege on such an offer. Probably it would be legally enforcable by the purchaser, and even if it wasn't, can you say "PR disaster"?

So go for it.

ariannah ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 11:12 AM

Quote - You will probably receive an email with instructions to download Vue 5 Infinite when it is available.

When I asked Todd at e-on about this just prior to making my decision to upgrade to V5I, he said they weren't sure yet how they were going to handle the free upgrades (via an email notification or what).  He did instruct me to add into the "comments" box for V6I once it's released that I qualified for the V6I free upgrade and to include my order # from V5I.

Personally, I'd prefer an email offer from e-on when the time comes.  But incase I have problems, I've kept a record of my phone conversation with Todd and V5I order number on hand.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 2:22 PM

I asked the sales team and then printed out the answer.  They have extended the offer until it is released they told me.

Tirjasdyn

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 7:33 PM

whats annoying  i  find is those of use who Purchaced Prereleased vue5 inf got shafted

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 11:44 PM

Quote - whats annoying  i  find is those of use who Purchaced Prereleased vue5 inf got shafted

You could always side grade...and besides they say in their faq page that upgraders will get a good upgrade price.

Tirjasdyn

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 12:32 AM

-i looked at the pricing today  and with my  prize from a contest i won recently it will be only about 89 bucks to upgrade

Phantast ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 5:11 AM

No, it'll be $89 plus the value of your prize.

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 8:28 AM

yeah  with my prize  it will cost me that  im kida curios to upgrade  sidegrade

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 8:55 AM

kinda not kida wooooops

JohnnyRoy ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 12:31 PM

I asked e-on about this in July before I upgraded to Vue5 Infinite and they told me to hang on to my order number. That would be my proof that I qualify for the free upgrade to Vue 6.

~jr

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 12:38 PM

For me , I saved an email from E-onsoftware that says that my purchase of V5I quaifies me for free upgrade to 6.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.