Tue, Sep 24, 9:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 9:01 pm)

Subject: Printing Poser People

EddyDamas ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2001 at 10:30 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 9:37 PM

I'd like to be able to print out my projects in poser so I can airbrush my projects on tshirts. However, when I attempt to, it comes out like an overblown bitmap. I realize that's to be expected, since I'm exporting them out to PhotoShop, but I was wondering if this can be overcome. I do antialias the scenes, and it helps, but just barely. Along those lines, the same jaggedness appears in my scenes/characters. How do I do this? I am in awe of the material I see on this site....

Dmentia ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2001 at 10:44 PM

when you render the material to print, do you render it at 72dpi(default) or at 300-600dpi(print size) if you are rendering at default size, that could account for the problems you're having, you can change this in render options...hope that helps :)

darchangel ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2001 at 10:53 PM

you can set the resolution in the render settings. set the resolution in the render options to between 300-600 dpi. itll be a HUGE image though at high settings so make sure your processor and ram can handle it and then go grab a coffee while you wait.

darchangel ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 8:04 AM

lol dmentia, we literally posted the same message at the same time. heh. i type slower though :(

bobsmash ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 8:19 AM

I use the Epson 1270 inkjet printer and usually use 200dpi when exporting out of Poser. The result is pretty good. Don't forget to change the actual size as well to approx 3000x2000 pixels. As far as I know most inkjet printers can't really see more dpi's than 200. I use 200dpi when I scan my photos for print as well and you can't really tell the difference from a properly printed photo. //Mike

darchangel ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 9:57 AM

thats true...but its recommended by professional publishers that you export the image at double the dpi that your printing device can handle.

bobsmash ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 10:38 AM

I think EddyDamas only wanted the prints as a reference for his/hers airbrushing. 200dpi will work just fine for this. Even if you use the Epson iron-on transfer papers 200dpi will be enough. I've worked as a photographer for almost 20 years and even the finest printed catalouges I've done work for only request that I send them 350dpi scans. I have never heard of anyone actually printing at 300 dpi (600), most magazines want me to send them 300dpi as they print on 150. Most daily papers only need 200dpi from me, but I usually do all my scans at 300. It's very easy for them to change it themselfs. When you manipulate your poser renders in photoshop I guess most of us are doing this in the RGB mode. When magazines/papers print them they have to change it to CMYK. This will change the colors a little bit so do a check and see how they look in the CMYK mode before you send it to whoever is printing your stuff. Most - if not all - inkjetprinters use the RGB mode so what you see on your screen is usually what you see on your own prints. Depending how you have your colorsettings - they tend to change every other week....... //Mike

EddyDamas ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 11:46 PM

Thanks Guys!!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.